MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by hair type : Curly

3.5

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really like this foundation. I mix with a small amount of Weleda almond oil and gives a beautiful finish as can feel it can look a bit flat without, works great on my oily skin even with the oil added and got lots of compliments on how good my skin looked.
But I am nc35 and my first few bottles were great with a yellow undertone but the last bottle I bought is very orange and unwearable! Bought previously from Debenhams and the orange bottle directly from the mac website so definitely not fakes. Really not sure what happened but disappointed. Not sure I would buy again due to this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have the colour NC10 and it pale but not yellow enough for me. The foundation gives medium to full coverage and lasts a long time. It lasts a long time but it does get oily.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am 42 years old with an all over oily skin and large pores around the nose area. The central part of my face has a red tint to it too and my face is darker them my neck/chest. I have watery sensitive eyes.

See the drama?

I started using makeup two years ago and bought this foundation first. Love it. It goes on with great coverage and after I set it with my setting powder (100% silica of the Brazilian makeup brand Dailus) it pratically lasts me for 6 to 7 hours. After this some shine appears. However, I can't use it outside alone. I actually mix it with MUFE 128 (Y415, half in half). I am planning to buy it in NC44 and NW30 to mix so that i'll have only SFF.

Took one star for two reasons: 1) The color does oxidize. 2) The woman in the MAC store in Airport of Brasilia was not too friendly.

Although there was nobody in the store at the time, the woman didn't want to show me around for the available options and I had time to do it. I told her I was interested in the Studio Fix, but I didn't have that much experience with makeup so she could show me other options for my oily skin.

Obs.: Studio Fix liquid is not for the naked dry skin. In any case, moisturize is needed. Prepare your skin really well. Otherwise it will be cakey and show pores.

At the time, I also didn't know of the whole black woman x NC45. She, a BLACK WOMAN, gave me studio fix NC45 and that was that. Get going!

Unfortunately, at the store it was ok and some minutes latter I removed the spot where I applied it to travel. When I applied it at home to really test it, my face turned orange.... as in oraaaaaaaaaange. So, NC45 I'm not.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It's a nice, medium coverage foundation. I got this one in NC15, which is actually a bit too dark for me. Now, in summer, I can get away with it, but I won't buy it again for the winter.
It stays on my face for at least 5-6 hours, without primer and powder. The two mayor problems that I had with this foundation are the smell and the break-out on my face. I've never had problems with any foundation, only with this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

My all time HG is Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk which is the most amazing foundation I've ever tried. But there are times in the summer when I need something more matte and Studiofix is my go-to. I'm NC15 and this foundation is a great match.

I use it with a MAC skunk brush which helps keep in from getting cakey. It's not as natural looking as the GA LS, but it's a little heavier coverage to neutralize my rosacea redness and the finish stays looking fresher for longer without even using powder.

Very nice, would be even better if it came with a pump because it's ridiculous to have to buy one.

I also have super sensitive dry skin and this has never caused a problem.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have heard many good reviews about this product, so i thought i'd give it a try because the price of it wasn't bad at all. The foundation stays matte throughout the day, but it also has a luminous finish which i don't mind. But the coverage just wasn't enough for me. When I first applied it, it looked great! Throughout the day, my spots started peeking through and it was very noticeable along with the redness. I now mix it with my Tarte amazonian clay foundation and it has the best coverage with just the right amount of dewiness along with it. I would repurchase this foundation, as long as i have another product to mix it with.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

STAY AWAYYYY!!!!!

Went into MAC to get matched. The make up lady immediately reached for this. Had a strong smell that i'm sure many people will be sensitive to, but product smells don't bother me.
Matched great (NC30). Bought the full size as well as Pro Longwear. Took it home, tried it on next day. Within 10 minutes it had oxidised. I was willing to overlook that maybe i hadnt cleansed my skin properly, so i took it all off, and tried again the next day. I lasted about 20 mins before I oxidised and turned orange again!

I then bought in NC20, to see if it would lessen the deep tone of oxidisation... NOPE!!! Same shade of orange as before, £50 wasted!
My skin isn't even oily, so I don't get it! This foundation is just a hot mess..... Highly recommend you try Pro Longwear OR mac face and body in conjuction with a heavy concealer + colour corrector if coverage is needed!!!!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This foundation is thick! A little goes a super long way and I mean a long sway. I grabbed a NC30 I like the color match and I loved how my neutralizer looked with this foundation. Long lasting bit of a matte/ satiny finish if that makes sense. This is a full coverage foundation if not applied carefully it will look cake you! I will not buy this again.

**** THIS IS NOT SUITABLE ON MY DRY SKIN*****

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

at first I absolutely adored this product but I didn't realize my colour was off, way off at that. I went to a MAC store to get matched and the girl gave me an NC45 (way too dark). I went along my way and used it for a couple of weeks and I really liked the consistency until I realized it was way too dark. though I loved the way it went on, it felt cake and heavy on my face throughout the day. I felt as though I was wearing a pound and a half of foundation when I had only applied a very small amount of foundation. the packaging was okay but it would have been better if it came with a pump (recently found out you can but the pump separately). I haven't used this product in a really long time but even if I were to get re-matched, I would not re-purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I loved the way this foundation looked and felt on my skin. I have terrible acne scars and this covered them almost completely on it's own. Best quality foundation I've used so far. The lightest shade NC15 was a tiny bit too dark but blended into my complexion well after applying MAC Mineralize in light afterwards.
The only reason I will not be repurchasing this product is that my sensitive skin had an AWFUL breakout after wearing this. First time I wore it, I thought maybe I was just having a bad breakout ( it happens ofter ) but I wore this foundation again yesterday and I have ten or more new zits on my face since then. I would love to wear this foundation regularly but I just don't think my hyper sensitive skin can handle it. It's a shame because I reallyyyyyy liked it :,(

Would not recommend to anyone prone to acne when they wear certain foundations. Otherwise I would definitely consider buying!