MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by hair type : Wavy age: 19-24

3.4

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my go-to foundations. Never looks cakey, keeps me pretty matte, colour is spot on (NW 13 for winter and can go up to NW20 in summer). This is the perfect foundation for all seasons. Wish the pump came with the product. Wear time is pretty good, generally stays looking nice for 12 hrs despite my oily skin. There is a slight flashback so be wary! One of the only foundations that have never broken me out!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

There's a reason why this foundation has such a huge cult following - it's amazing! It's matte, medium to full coverage and creates a flawless base for almost all skin types. It is definitely more of an night time/event foundation as it is more heavy looking on the skin but honestly, I like it during the day as well! If you're into more full coverage glam foundations you will love this especially for night time. And an added bonus, It photographs exceptionally well!

The only downside to the Mac studio fix fluid is that it doesn't come with a pump which can make it ridiculously annoying. You can purchase a pump on the side but I think that's a major inconvenience, personally.

I love this foundation. I wear the shade NC15 and it's a great match for my skin. I got colour matched by one of the artists at the counter, and I would definitely recommend getting matched the first time you buy this product. Studio Fix has a full coverage that doesn't look cakey at all. One layer provides excellent coverage in my opinion. I like to apply with a brush or beauty blender, using approximately one and a half pumps and it covers my whole face perfectly. It has a matte finish and makes my skin look flawless. This foundation is transfer-proof and lasts all day. It does not fade or separate throughout the day and it does not make my skin oily. My skin is normal-oily and it doesn't dry out or irritate my skin at all. However, this foundation is not hydrating, nor does it claim to be. This foundation would most suitable for normal-oily skin, those with extremely dry skin may wish to try a more hydrating formula. I really like this foundation, it gives a flawless effect to the skin. It really is a classic. If you need a MAC foundation and have never used the brand before, this one is a great one to start off with. A+

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great foundation to have in your kit. Lasts all day. Full Coverage. Is abit hard to find a match, one shade is a bit too light the next up is oxidises too dark. I am nc15. I have repurchased this 3 times now because the quality and longevity is just that good. Works for both oily and dry skin in my opinion.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have great difficulty finding foundations that match my skintone, as I am very pale and have definite pink undertones, so anything even slightly yellow makes me look terrible. I am NW10 in this foundation and it is a perfect match - the most perfect match I've ever found!

This product is good for my very dry, eczema-prone skin once I add a drop of face oil and mix it in on my hand. It seems to sit very kindly on my face, staying a little bit moist throughout the day rather than drying down completely flat. It gives a nice subtle glow to my skin, too. You do feel it on your face, so if you're looking for something that doesn't feel like foundation, then you won't find it here. It doesn't feel like a mask, but you can definitely tell that there's something on your face.

It lasts a decent amount of time, although it can start to separate on my upper lip after awhile, which is where I get very dry and some eczema.

The only thing that I hate is the smell. It's very chemical and strong, and even though I don't have sensitive skin, it isn't that pleasant.

Finally bought this for the first time about a month and a half ago. I have been using the Studio Fix powder for approximately 5 years now. I was getting bored of the Kat Von D lock it tattoo foundation, so I felt it was time to try a new one.

Well.. They are extremely similar, lol. It is pretty thick, I definitely suggest getting the pump, I didn't want to pay for it so I didn't get it, lol. But I would suggest it. It also smells strongly of paint like the Kat Von D one, but it has amazing coverage, and the scent settles once it is on your skin.

As many know, MAC has an amazing shade range. I am really impressed with the foundation, it provided me great coverage. I apply it with a damp beauty blender.

This is in my top 5 favourite foundations.

Gives very good coverage, I use with a damp beauty blender and it blends really well into the skin. I then use cream blush and bronzer and lightly powder over the top. This is one of the foundations that last the nicest on my skin, I powder maybe once of twice throughout the day and it always still looks great after a long day at work.

I don't mind the smell, its very faint and it's quite a thick but runny formula.

Love this.

Let me start off by describing my skin. I am 21 years old. I have an oily T-zone with large pores, but my cheeks are so dry they sometimes peel if I don't moisturize. My skin tone is very yellow (to the point where I look jaundiced in the summer), but I'm so pale that my veins look green through my arms.

Naturally, I have the worst time trying to find a foundation that meets all my needs. The qualities I desire most in a foundation are the following:

-How well it matches my skin tone (NO pink please!!)
-Medium, matte coverage
-How long it lasts before the need for touch-ups
-How well it provides a canvas for contouring, blush, and highlighter.

Revlon Colorstay in Buff has been my go-to for years even though it casts a bit gray on me and I find the finish a bit chalky. However, since it's among the only drugstore foundations that aren't horrifically pink-toned (Maybelline Fluid Touch, I'm looking at you!), I've stuck with it for longer than I should have.

Enter MAC Studio Fix Fluid, many people's HG but one I've never bothered to take a look at in person. The nearest MAC counter is thirty miles from my house, so when I went on a whim with my friend to the IMAX, I had to check out the MAC counter in the Nordstrom there.

I walked over to the counter and a large, jovial man was immediately available to help me. I simply said, "Do you have a medium-coverage foundation that actually matches my skin?" and he came back about five seconds later with Studio Fix Fluid in NC15. He used an applicator to blend it into my jawline, looked pleased with himself, and showed me the mirror.

"Honey, it's perfect."

I couldn't believe my eyes. I asked to try it on my arms, neck, and the rest of my face, as if something so good could only exist in dreams. He happily obliged. It truly is my perfect shade. In my entire foundation-wearing career, I have found several "close-enough" matches, but nothing like this. This color, my friends, is my skin in a bottle. I bought it for $27 immediately, and thanked him with religious fervor.

Of course, I tested the wear when I got home. I went out for five hours, played arcade games, and danced, and not a single touch-up was needed. Granted, I used it over a thin layer of primer (Almay Luminizing Primer) and under a thin layer of translucent powder (Rimmel Stay Matte), but that's standard protocol with all liquid foundations. The foundation has no offensive smell and the bottle is easy to use (maybe a pump would be more hygienic though.) I like the rubberized grippy top since I'm a klutz and drop things all the time.

Overall, I am EXTREMELY pleased with Studio Fix Fluid. I'm wearing it right now as I type this and I would recommend the formula to combination girls like me, as well as oily girls. I would also recommend this line to dark skinned girls since MAC has such an incredible shade range for its products, including cool and warm undertones. The wear is fantastic, it's mattifying, doesn't oxidize (that I've noticed) and is reasonably priced for what you're getting.

I would not recommend this to dry-skinned ladies and ladies who want a more sheer coverage; it's quite heavy. Also, if you're looking for a "dewy" or "luminous" finish, this won't be it.

Studio Fix Fluid in NC15 has exceeded my expectations. I am so happy I've finally found my foundation soulmate, and I hope that this foundation will be someone else's too!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This foundation is my saviour. I have acne prone/combination bordering on to oily skin, I have been through dozens of foundations and this is the one that has only have truly worked for me. I work very long hours I'm up at 5:30 in morning and not home till 7/8 in the evening sometimes later and this foundation stays on all day! I receive many compliments from friends and family saying how terrific I look. I ended up going to an exercise class with this on and after an hour of sweating my friends mum and I quote said "everyone looks worn out but you look like you haven't sweated for a second! How do you always look so great?!" That just proves on how great this foundation is. I use the MAC 130 brush to put this foundation on, I don't glide it on I buff it into my skin and a little does really go a long way. This foundation is perfect and it's build-able so you can go for a light coverage to full on coverage. And the foundation lasts for a really long time I don't have to buy another bottle until 2-3 months later depending how often I have used it and re-applied throughout the days. This foundation is a must have for anyone!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The only foundation that sticks to my oily skin, comes in a shade that matches me (nw10), covers redness (i'm irish), covers wet eczema (I have severe eczema breakouts around my eyes), covers acne (cystic acne), and doesn't break me out. people compliment my skin when i wear this. I love the smell, i love the satin/matte finish, i love the lasting power (i use it with the blot powder), i love love love this. I finally have confidence that i don't look like a greasy red tomato. I used makeup forever mat velvet and it didn't work for me at all and i don't know why!! This one though omg i love it