MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

3.4

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

One of my favourite foundations in the world to this day. I am very pale but mac has a wonderful colour selection and i am still able to wear the right shade for my skin. I vary between oily and dry, depending on various factors, aka weather, health, diet and so forth, but i always love a matte finish - and i can always get it with this foundation. The only annoying thing is that the bottle doesn't come with a pump and the matching pump is more than most would cost. But either way, this foundation is well worth it. I have been using it for well over 2 years now, and even though my skin is very sensitive, it doesn't break me out or anything like that.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my go-to foundations. Never looks cakey, keeps me pretty matte, colour is spot on (NW 13 for winter and can go up to NW20 in summer). This is the perfect foundation for all seasons. Wish the pump came with the product. Wear time is pretty good, generally stays looking nice for 12 hrs despite my oily skin. There is a slight flashback so be wary! One of the only foundations that have never broken me out!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I bought NC25 a few months ago, honestly lol....I got shade matched at mac and I am super yellow, so i was like perfect usually NC's are perfect for my undertone and I want a medium-matte finish/coverage.
I went home and tried it out, I AM ORANGE GIRL LMFAOOO, all I thought was Alyssa Edwards saying to Coco Montrese ''look at fucking orange you look girl''. It doesn't last at all too, I only went to school and it was melting off my face, I live in Canada in -35 weather, and my skin wasn't even oily so why was it melting off, like I don't understand and girl it is thickkkkk it wouldn't even come out of the glass bottle you have to literally shake it onto your hand this 4 times before even a little comes out. I don't know, this foundation was a hot mess. Needless to say, i threw it into the garbage and only used it like 7 times. OH, also. It makes you break out like crazy because it is so thick. Like I like cake but damn girl. I recommend Milani conceal and perfect, keeps your oil under control, while providing a radiant finish and has olive+yellow undertones.. and its like $10 CAD

This is the best foundation I've found so far. it has heavy yet natural-looking coverage (once it sets) that lasts for most of the day. I usually have trouble finding a foundation that is light enough for my skin and doesn't make it look orange but this foundation fits the bill (my shade is NW10, the lightest one). However, this foundation does dry out my skin some so I have to be very diligent about moisturizing before and after wearing it. I would also prefer if it had a pump.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Very average foundation.
Initially when i bought it, it worked alright (and the hype around mac make me like it).
But, as I used it I realized it's drying, sticks to dry patches, dull and does nothing spectacular. (For reference, I have oily skin. I cannot imagine dry skinned women wearing this).

I have switched to other foundations now, but search for HG continues...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation for the night, it made my skin look like doll skin plus it stays all night. But I find it to be bit drying for my normal to dry skin so I have to wear two moisturizes plus primer underneath. Also if I wear it during the day it tends to get too dry and it doesn't look natural which is the look I love during the day. At night it can't be seen cause there is less light. So I only use it when I need extra coverage and for special events. If you love high coverage foundation that lasts long time and your skin is normal to oily this stuff is perfect. Color range is really good, it fits my really fair skin perfectly. I am NC 15. It lasted me for 2 years(I used it once or twice a week) so I think price is totally decent. I would buy it again cause sometimes heavy make up is needed.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is my go to high coverage foundation when I want to look flawless. It photographs well and is long lasting. I don't like using this as an everyday foundation because I find it a bit heavy feeling. Blends well. I prefer using a stippling brush for that airbrush finish. I can't wear it for more than 2 days straight or I'll start to break out. I was matched to NC40.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

MAC foundations get talked about a lot, but I have really disliked every one that I have tried, though none as much as Studio Fix Fluid. First of all, why does it have to smell SO BAD? I have never tried another foundation that is this stinky, even from cheap brands like Wet n Wild. I don't think it looked very nice on the skin either, but instead was cakey and unflattering. Like all MAC foundations, it oxidized so badly on me that I looked super freaking orange. I don't think it is worth the price or the hype, especially for fairer skin tones that want to avoid oxidization.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

One of my holy grail foundations! NC10 is a perfect shade and SFF doesn't oxidize, which is a miracle for my combo/oily and very pale skin. The coverage is a solid medium but can be built up to almost full. I mix this with a BB cream to get a more natural, lighter coverage. I set with a translucent powder and All Nighter Spray, and my makeup lasts a good 10-12 hours. I wish it came with a pump (I mean, really MAC?) but the small, no nonsense packaging is great for a small bathroom.

ETA: Turns out this foundation DOES make me break out. Guess it's no longer my holy grail...