MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.4

First of all, I have a love and hate relationship with this product. However, with the proper skin prep and letting all your moisturizer and primer set properly (moisturizer = 15 mins, primer = 5 mins) the finish that you will get from this foundation is amazing. It will give you a demi matte almost satin finish.

If you have a slightly oily t-zone and normal everywhere else then this foundation was made for you. People complain about how cakey this foundation is and I say you have to apply the product in small sections and always start with 1 pump.

Application method: Beauty Blender
Primer: Too Faced Primed and Poreless
Setting Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte (just in the centre)
Setting Spray: Skindinivia Finishing Spray (oil control)

The most beautiful finish ever! Definitely will repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I've finally found the perfect foundation for my skin!! I've recently changed from Estee Lauder double wear to Mac Studio Fix and it was the best decision. I got colour matched to the right shade and skin type, and I apply the foundation with a real techniques sponge, it has great coverage for day time but can easily be built upon if going out partying for e.g.
The price is reasonable (22) it covers all my red areas, spots, blemishes and gives me a nice matte finish look...

The ONLY downfall is it doesn't come with a pump (i believe every foundation should as it comes with the price)
To buy a pump separately it's an extra 4.50.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

holy grail foundation, always my go to. im in nw 13 which is my perfect match. so many shades available and for me it applies as a medium foundation. dont like applying another layer tho as it can get cakey. wish it came with a pump though. its pricey but cmon guys its MAC and you'repaying for the brand name. Already gone thru like 6 bottles and each bottle lasts me about 2-3 months.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I am usually a fan of the dewy skin type foundations however i felt that they were not lasting around my t-zone (giorgio armani luminous silk im looking at you) and i work long shifts so need something to last the whole day without touch ups. In comes mac studio fix fluid, this lasts all day without having to touch up and looks almost as fresh as when i first put it on. I have NEVER has this with a foundation before usually when i get home it has completely dissapeared around my nose & mouth.

I do feel it to be quite drying as i have combination skin and feel it makes my face quite tight as the day goes on but i am going to try to moisturise more before applying the foundation.

Could possibly be my HG! :) x

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i have 2 shades of this, NC30 and NC35. I have very oily skin and I have big pores. I have tried other foundations like revlon colorstay but it was too heavy and looked ashy but with this one, it is perfect! It's looks like my 'second skin'. When I apply it, I use a stippling brush and it looks flawless and airbrushed especially if you make sure that you blend,blend, blend. A little amount of product is all I need, just a tiny drop. It doesn't look cakey, just beautiful matte finish which is perfect for oily skin. I also love how MAC has that very flexible shades. I use NC30 and NC35 alternately and both matches my skintone. I'm in love with MAC studio fix.

its amazing.. but it is not an everyday wear foundation..it does dry out fast and its coverage is really amazing.. its not an everyday foundation because its too heavy and isn't moisturising or nourishing..

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HG foundation!!!!!!
I was always looking for a liquid foundation that didn't make my make up looking cakey. When i found this one i did stop looking because it matched all the requirements that a good foundation, for me, has to have.
It dries matte, the coverage is medium to high but it is buildable, so you can make a high coverage very easily.
It makes my skin flawless, i blend it with RT stippling brush, what makes a very natural look.
I have just the T zone oily so in that area i use MAC finishing transparent powder and it is enough.
Very long lasting, doesn't get greasy.
I couldn't ask for more of a foundation.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Amazing!! Best ever!!

I guess the thing with all foundations is they depend on your skin type and colour. Different brands specialise in different areas, but for me as a quite pale combination skin person, this is the best foundation! I don't need a lot of coverage as my skin is really clear but as a full coverage foundation, it really does the job and makes my skin FLAWLESS! If I do get the occasional spot, you can count on this to make it unnoticed. Its thick to apply so I use it gradually and build it up and I find it goes a long way. I found doublewear made my skin appear really oily and greasy when it's naturally matte and clear, but this product dries matte/dewy.

I also use the mineralize powder and prep+prime and I get compliments constantly and asked what I use, the only downside to this product is it smells really strong of wall paint while you are applying it, but its not poignant when dry.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is my favorite liquid foundation.It is oil free and lasts all day.I apply this foundation with a foundation brush,and it gives me a flawless finish.My shade is NW20.

I highly recommend it,and would buy it again.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

NC30. With my yellow Asian skin, I've been looking for a foundation that doesn't make it look freakishly orange, and I believe I've found my HG. . I wear it on top of primer and apply with my fingers.

It has a matte texture, which is great with my oily/combination skin. It's also quite opaque and gives beautiful coverage. I have a lot of acne discolorations on my cheeks (as well as some current acne on my chin) and this covers them well. It lasts all day.

As for the container, it comes in a glass bottle with a sturdy screw-on top. I wish I didn't have to buy the pump separately - I recommend you do so in order to save product.