MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by hair type : Other age: 36-43

3.6

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have finally found a shade that suits my skintone NC40. A lot of the foundations that I have bought including customised blends (Phoenix cosmetics) tends to get a bit oily by midday when I'm at work. So this is exactly what I was looking for. I wished I had bought MAC products to begin with & I could've saved up all that money wasting on other brands......Oh well now I can stop shopping so much.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For years I've been a Double Wear foundation user, liked the finish but hated how hard it was to wash it all off. Decided to give SFF a try because the MAC MA felt it was the best choice for my oily skin. Well, after going through a generous sample, I bought a fullsize bottle and have been using it for about a month now. I am now officially off EL DW and this has become my go-to product. First of all, I have to say that this is hands down the best foundation I've tried to really achieve a matte finish to my makeup. This stuff truly lasts all day long, and looks almost as flawless as it did when I first put it on in the morning. Know how you look at someone who looks like they have on perfect makeup and wonder if their face is really flawless or if they just have good makeup on? I've concluded that the secret is MAC foundation. This stuff makes my face look *almost* flawless to the point where you have to look hard to see if it's my skin or my makeup. Dont' get me wrong, you can still tell that I'm wearing makeup, but it looks almost believeable. Set with loose blot powder, the look lasts all day, helps keep my face matte and minimizes the look of my pores. Now, I do still have to blot and powder eventually, but the makeup isn't sliding off my face - blotting and powdering freshens the look for me and it looks almost as good as the morning. (With my oily skin, I don't really expect not to have to blot eventually) It *is* a bit difficult to remove, but not as bad as EL DW for me, and it is by far easier to work with in terms of application. I am not surprised that many people claim to break out with this foundation - you really need to make sure it is thoroughly cleansed off the face, because it is truly long-wearing. So far, I haven't broken out, but then again, I don't wear full makeup every day, and when I do, I really try to do a thorough job in cleansing. My only criticism of this product is that it does not include a pump dispenser, which I feel is a necessity for product metering and sanitation. I did buy the pump separately, (for $4) but it is rather annoying that MAC does not simply include one by default. 1.5 pumps is just about the right amount to cover my whole face, 1 pump when mixing with moisturizer to sheer it down. Not yet my HG (I don't think I will ever find an HG foundation), but will keep repurchasing while I keep searching.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using Clinique for well, what seems like forever. However, I need something that is made for oily skin as my Clinique is not helping to control oil. This is the product for me.Especially for summer.

Pores: Appear Smaller
Shine: At bay, can be easily blotted to look great again.
Staying power: Absolutely
Color: Stays true, no orange. Does get a little bit brighter after it is on for a little while. It looks a little pale at first, but quickly 'warms' up.
Adding more: Is buildable, does not leave lines around jaw.
Blends: Perfectly.
Pump: Going to buy it - can't figure out why I did not already buy it.
Love this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The only foundation I would recommend from mac, bc mac is notorious for their foundation having bad ingredients and making people break out. The best thing about this foudnation is that you only need a little to only cover whatever you need. This conceals any acne scar redness with no problems, I never pour any out just use what on the cap and around the top of the bottle. I really dont suggest using this all over bc it has a really matte texture and if you use it all itll look cakey no matter what. Even when I just use it just a little on my face, I like my foudnation better after 30 min bc its not as matte. and I have a bit of a glow from myself. This is why I love this foudnation when im in a rush its easy to put on( just w/ my fingers like concealer) it doesnt really need a setting powder bc cause its so matte and has a really good staying power< just try it on your hand. My foudnation routine is I use a powder foundation( shiseido powdery foundation) Buff it on w/ a kubuki brush, then using my hands or a regular foudnation brush I dab it on my acne spots and under my eyes. Then I use a *little* powder to set it. Its very nice and fast. I would recommend this routine if you wanna cover acne. I actually dont have that much acne anymore, but I like doing my foudnation this way cause it always lasts all day(excluding a few powder touch ups) I'm actually going to repurchase another one today cause i like it so much! get it if you want fast foudnation you dont have to set, that has incredible coverage and lasting power!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Once again MAC gets props for color selection. Oil control and mattifying problems are my top priority when looking for liquid foundation which is now my staple. I like SF Matte more than other brands because I can live w/the color. It wears sheer but is buildable, doesn't oxidize and does run lighter than the powder versions of MAC. With Blot Powder over this it is quite nice and lasts all day. Expecting anything to be there from 6am till 10pm is just asking way too much so I stopped and am happy that I look great till 5pm when I do a quick touch up before facing the man of my dreams who thinks I look like a beauty queen w/o MU.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like the coverage, the creaminess, the match to my skin tone (NW20).

It blends well and I like how a little can go a long way, yet you can also control so that you don't have the 'too much make up look."

I really like the pump and the jar it comes in is solid and easy to carry in my daily make up bag.

BUT... it stinks to high heavens; I wondered what was smelling like gas or oil and I finally realized, it was me! UGH! So bummed about this because it really is gross. Why can't MAC fix this already?

I will continue to use it and mix with my Giorgio Armani. Just another spray of perfume and some setting spray and I'm off.

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

I've been using Nars Sheer Glow (matched to Punjab) and felt it was too yellow for me. I got a gift certificate to Nordstrom so I decided to try MAC foundation, I've heard a lot about it. I wasn't happy the Sheer Glow didn't have SPF, so Studio Fix seemed to be the right match for me. I have never been able to tell if I'm NW or NC, I don't know, my veins look bluey green. I sometimes look yellowish but I'm also pink. I was matched to NW20, it seems to match my skin very well, better than Nars. I don't have the yellowish tint Nars gave me. Studio Fix does smell like paint but the smell doesn't last long, and it does feel a bit more cakey than Nars, but not by much. Yes, it's a pain I had to buy the pump, but Nars doesn't come with a pump either. Nars is more liquid so I didn't need the pump, Mac is thicker so the pump is definitely necessary. My skin does look nice and the foundation, after setting with BE Mineral Veil, seems to have lasted most of the day. No acne or outbreaks. I'm going to give it some time and see if I end up liking Mac better, but so far it seems to be better for me than Nars, just based on color alone.

Edit: I've been using it awhile, always with a primer under, and no breakouts. I have to be careful applying or it looks cakey and fake, so a light hand is best, and I use a foundation brush, not fingers or sponge. I need to stipple it on my nose or I get big streaks. It rubs off fairly easily so I usually have to redo my nose at lunch, since I have allergies and use kleenex for a drippy nose in the spring/summer. I've mixed it with sunscreen to make a tinted moisturizer (I use the cheap Trader Joe's 30 SPF) and it worked out fine, and much cheaper than Laura Mercier! I'll continue getting this product, I really like it.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I was a little wary after reading many stories of breakouts, but so far - I've been using it for about two months now - I've only had my usual occasional blemishes. I'm about NC20, though NC20 is a bit darker, NC15 matches my neck better but is a bit too light on the face, and NW15 is a bit too orange. Maybe I'll end up buying NC15 too and mix them. It has really good coverage, but if you moisturize your skin enough it can look pretty natural. I really like preparing my skin with Illamasqua Matt primer (I think they work well together in keeping the oil at bay) and apply SFF with Illamasqua Blusher brush 1, setting it with a light dusting of loose powder. Two pumps are enough and at the end of the day it's still there. I still dream of THE perfect foundation, the one that 1) really looks like skin, 2) makes pores invisible, 3) doesn't melt like butter on my combination/oily skin, 4) matches my skin color perfectly, but until I find it this will be my foundation. Edit: Though I think in the meantime I've found my HG foundation in MUFE HD Invisible cover in 115, I still think SFF is a great foundation. I recently bought NC15 and started mixing the two shades in a little pot. It's not a big deal, maybe 1 minute more in my makeup routine. And the colour is much more balanced this way. I also started using it with Illamasqua Satin primer, since my skin has been drier lately. I think that Matt primer and SFF work well if you're really oily,otherwise SFF already has a pretty matt finish. So, if you are not that oily, the Satin primer is much better as a finish, more natural.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a more fuller coverage foundation that gives a perfect matte finish.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I like this foundation, but it is not my favorite. Its a beautiful foundation, it leaves a nice matte finish, but it is very heavy, and I find it kind of hard to blend unless I use a brush. I do really think this is good for a full coverage makeup, but it is too much for my everyday use.