MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by hair type : Other

3.5

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

👎
Ok girls, so my skin is combo, dehydrated and sensitive. And to make it short, I hated this. First, I don't think the colour blends well. I tried different shades and couldn't find one that looks natural. Nw20 was the closest (I'm neutral) but still looks like I'm heavily madeup even if I only use a drop of the stuff.

I didn't like it bc
- It's really thick
- Coverage is higher than I wanted (I prefer to go for medium coverage)
- I couldn't find a shade that looks natural on me
- BREAKS me out bad!!!!!! (And my skin isn't even acne prone). Whenever I use the next day I get huge whiteheads that take forever to go away.
- Not a fan of the smell

Having said this, I got it bc a friend of mine uses it and she's delighted. Her skin type is normal/dry and it hasn't broken her out and it looks really natural on her. So... idk what to say. But I'm passing this on to her bc my skin doesn't like it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

God knows I've tried with this foundation. The Estée Lauder ones keep me matte all day. This one is literally like adding oil to my face by the hour. I use a matte primer, then the foundation, then bake with a loose powder, THEN add studio fix powder and it still ends up a horrific oily mess by 11am. Truly awful and certainly not for oily skin. I'll stick to my trusty Lauder, should of know better.

I used this years ago and I liked the finish . It's very concentrated so start off with a bit. I like that it gives that perfected look. If I were to try it again I'd like to see if they have a more neutral shade NC is too yellow NW is ok on me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

First of all, I have a love and hate relationship with this product. However, with the proper skin prep and letting all your moisturizer and primer set properly (moisturizer = 15 mins, primer = 5 mins) the finish that you will get from this foundation is amazing. It will give you a demi matte almost satin finish.

If you have a slightly oily t-zone and normal everywhere else then this foundation was made for you. People complain about how cakey this foundation is and I say you have to apply the product in small sections and always start with 1 pump.

Application method: Beauty Blender
Primer: Too Faced Primed and Poreless
Setting Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte (just in the centre)
Setting Spray: Skindinivia Finishing Spray (oil control)

The most beautiful finish ever! Definitely will repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was the first high end foundation I ever bought back when I was 13 and 8 years later it is still one of my HG foundations. I know this foundation gets a lot of hate but I find it great for days I want a full coverage look that will last for the day. This isn't a light foundation and you will feel it on your skin. I do dislike the paint smell and wish it came with a pump but this is a trusty reliable for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The match for me was perfect on this foundation - NW13 - I did not find it to have a matte finish but Demi matte/satin finish and looked stunning, I don't know if it was this particular shade but I didn't have a huge problem with oxidisation. Scent-wise it did have a slight paint smell but this didn't really both me. Like others say it photographs so beautiful.

Unfortunately it broke me out like nobody's business. I tried this on three occasions as the first I thought it might have been the new sunscreen I used. The second I tried in conjunction with my regular foundation. But yesterday I used it on its own, and as always my face was itchy and it bought every pimple under my skin (most which wouldn't have formed) to a very angry agitated head.

I have given this three lippies because it still does look beautiful. Makeup is very personal and works different for everyone but keep in mind that if you have very sensitive skin or acne prone skin then please get a sample before buying this I'll be returning today.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was my first MAC foundation ever. I chose this one because it is supposed to control oily skin, and I already had the Studio Fix Powder, which I love. The mua matched me with an NC20, which wasn't weird to me, since I use the same shade with the powder and it fits me perfectly. And even when most people dislike the smell, I somehow like it.
Than being said, while sometimes it went just flawlessly on my skin, other days it was a nightmare for me. Turns out the NC20 was suddenly too dark and yellow for my skin tone, an it didn't totally controlled my oily zones because I had to apply more than necessary to work it out. I ended up giving it away, but I guess maybe an NC15 would work. I'm currently using the matchmaster foundation, but I might repurchase this one in the future and give it another try.

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Felt very heavy on my face all day..made my face look oily..did not like it

This foundation is for all skin types. I have combination skin and this foundation stays on and last all day. I wore it for 12 hours and it didn't budge. My skin looks flawless in this foundation. It doesn't oxidize. It feels smooth and not cakey on the skin. It is matte and medium to full coverage. I love the finish and coverage it gives. The price is not bad at all and they have 35 shades to choose from. The only con is this is doesn't have a pump but I'm in love!! I have a review on this foundation so you can see how it looks and wears on the skin and how it looks in pictures and natural lighting. Take a look for yourself

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My HG foundation. This makes my skin so perfect and evened out.

I have dry skin and I know this is intended for oily skin. However, I will always use MAC's Studio Care Cream and Too faced primed and poreless primer and voila - amazing skin.

My preferred way of applying this foundation is with a flat top kabuki or any buffing brush. I believe that the more you buff this on your skin the more it makes the application flawless. I would sometimes spray my brush with fix+ to help with blending.