MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

3.5

After trying this foundation several times I finally threw it away, practically full. This was my very first higher-end foundation and it was totally not right for me.

The MAC SA recommended this even though I had dry skin because I wanted a fuller-coverage foundation. This made my face actually burn when I applied it and dried my skin out so bad my face and any acne spots would hurt during the day. I have since NEVER had any issue with any other drugstore or high-end foundations before or since. There is something in this that is just bad for sensitive and dry skins.

Once I got this on my face, I found it cakey when applied with a brush and patchy with a sponge. It let a lot of my redness show through and I don't have that much redness. With a sponge, I also find when it's applied with a sponge, it sticks to the sponge and quickly creates this weird sticky, hard shell on it that makes it almost impossible to blend the rest of it in.

The final nail in the coffin for me is the packaging. This has been around for however long and it's the only MAC foundation without a pump. For how much this costs, it should at least have a way of dispensing it that isn't pouring it out onto your hand.

HARD pass. I literally have no idea how some people are able to use and love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product gave me the worst cystic breakout. I am in my twenties and had gotten my skin under control for years. This made me feel like a teenager again in a bad way. It also itched my skin so there must be ingredients in here I am allergic to. I read that it is the talc, which is in a lot of MAC products and makes sense because nothing from MAC ever worked out for me. If you have sensitive skin, beware.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I first bought this foundation after talking with a MAC beauty consultant and this is the foundation she recommended for my wants/needs: full coverage, concerns with oily skin. It does give full coverage and it cover imperfections well. It also lasts for me about 4-5 hours before becoming shiny, but it eventually always does and before the end of the day. It does oxidize to a shade darker, and moves and separate on me even with a silicone primer (maybe I'm doing something wrong). It's a good choice for people with imperfections or who need more coverage for other reasons. But, there are so many other choices out that I like better, even DS brands. I did give it 4 lippies because it does what it says, for the most part.

Pros: Color selection, full coverage, has SPF, though only 15, leaves a nice flat, but not dry matte finish

Cons: Scent, doesn't stay matte very long on my oily skin even with a powder setting and primer, doesn't come with a pump - you have to purchase that separately

ACNE:
I read lots of reviews saying that this foundation would break me out especially because I have acne-prone skin and it gets easily irritated. I am on my 4th day of using it and my acne is just the same as it always was if not better (but that is because I am using the body shop tea tree oil line which has cleared me a lot). Another plus to this foundation is that there is SPF15 and SPF is supposed to be great when protecting acne and avoiding scarring. I put this on around 6am and take it off around 12 hours later and remains good all day. YOU MUST REMOVE FOUNDATION PROPERLY OR YOU WILL BREAK OUT. I remove with a cetaphil wipe and then wash my face, use a toner, moisturize, and then put tea tree oil treatment on after.

PACKAGING:
The glass bottle is inconvenient for traveling and you need to pay separately for the foundation pump. It is also pretty pricey but works well so I can overlook that.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

God knows I've tried with this foundation. The Estée Lauder ones keep me matte all day. This one is literally like adding oil to my face by the hour. I use a matte primer, then the foundation, then bake with a loose powder, THEN add studio fix powder and it still ends up a horrific oily mess by 11am. Truly awful and certainly not for oily skin. I'll stick to my trusty Lauder, should of know better.

I used this years ago and I liked the finish . It's very concentrated so start off with a bit. I like that it gives that perfected look. If I were to try it again I'd like to see if they have a more neutral shade NC is too yellow NW is ok on me.

This foundation stays on my skin no more than 3 hours and i don't have oily skin.it feels very heavy on the skin.

LOVE IT .....TRIED EVERYTHING LOVE IT ..MAC IS TRIED AND TRUE BEAUTY

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my favourite foundation for a couple of years but only after trying ELDW did I realise how bad this product is. I have oily skin and this foundation barely lasted until lunchtime, I found it easy to blend but would look incredibly orange. If you have oily skin like I do and want a long lasting, mattifying foundation, I wouldn't waste your money on this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was recommended this product by my Mac representative, as I was looking for something with full coverage and designed for oily skin. Straight after application it looks incredible, it has a gorgeous nice matte glow, however I found this foundation to last around two hours before it started to shine and bring oil to the surface. After a whole day the foundation was all but non existent. My skin broke out so bad after around two days use, everywhere that I had applied the product.