MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my go-to foundations. Never looks cakey, keeps me pretty matte, colour is spot on (NW 13 for winter and can go up to NW20 in summer). This is the perfect foundation for all seasons. Wish the pump came with the product. Wear time is pretty good, generally stays looking nice for 12 hrs despite my oily skin. There is a slight flashback so be wary! One of the only foundations that have never broken me out!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for a couple years now and it is my go to. I first went to Mac because I have a very fair complexion and at the time their shade range fit me best. I would consider it to be medium coverage but very easy to build onto. When it is set with a powder and spray it lasts all day and continues to cover everything. Only thing i dislike is that it comes with a screw off top and you have to purchase a pump separately from Mac.

I got a tester at the Mac counter and don’t get it why nc20 in this foundation is so orange. NC20 normally suits my fair skin tone perfectly. Also it stinks (and feels) like wall paint. Sorry, no longevity can compensate this smell.

I decided to go for this foundation after reading the good reviews and having only bought drugstore foundation in the past, I decided to invest in a better quality foundation. After trying a sample, I was pleased with my result so I decided to buy one. However, the more I used it the less I liked it. It doesn't cover up my blemishes, it clings to dry patches and gets oily very quickly. It oxidises and doesn't last very long. Will not be buying again.

It's hard not to give this 5 stars. I've been looking for a foundation for a while that went well with my skin. I have tried so many different foundations within the last year I have almost given up. I found myself wondering into the MAC store one afternoon and asked one of the artists to help me find a good foundation. I have dry skin but I also tend to get pretty shiny through my T-zone. I have small pores and not too much that needs concealing. I had previously tried the waterweight foundation and it clung to pores and separated on dry spots. She brought this foundation out (along with a ton of other products to moisturize prior to application) and I loved it. At first I wasn't sold but the longer it sat on my face and started to set the more I liked it. The color she put on me seemed slightly too dark. My face neck and chest are quite a bit lighter than the rest of my body so I decided to go with just a shade lighter and WOW. The shade changed dramatically. I really don't know all of the shades offered but the one I have now is very very white. I am pretty pale anyway, I just added a little bronzer and color on the cheeks and it looks fine but I was shocked to see the dramatic difference in the two shades. It is very important to moisturize before using this foundation, it will stick to dry spots. I get dry around my nose and eyebrows so now I just apply face oil in those areas and moisturizer my face with a really good hydrating moisturizer and I’m set. I also use the Mac prep and set hydrating setting spray. Overall I think this is a really good foundation for everyone. It gets a little shiny but not anything uncontrollable, especially if you set it with a powder (if your really oily). The finish is a silky matte and it doesn’t feel heavy on the face. Oh and coverage is more sheer to maaaybe medium if you good at layering properly :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had NC25 match for the pro long wear concealer so I purchased the same shade online lol WTF it's so orangy and much darker than my usually shade. And it oxidizes. I agree that the coverage and the finish are good, so I tried to mix it with my lighter foundations and none of them went well with this foundation and the finish turned horribly cakey or broke down in minutes. So disappointed tbh

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This was my first ever "high end" foundation I purchased 8 Years ago, and throughout the years, I have tried many others, but always went back to this. Full coverage but not cakey . Looks nice in photos. The issue is , after having my bottle for a month, the shade is now orange and darker ! This never happened with my other bottles, so maybe MAC changed the formula . Disappointed. I have NW18 and it now looks like a NW25.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I bought NC25 a few months ago, honestly lol....I got shade matched at mac and I am super yellow, so i was like perfect usually NC's are perfect for my undertone and I want a medium-matte finish/coverage.
I went home and tried it out, I AM ORANGE GIRL LMFAOOO, all I thought was Alyssa Edwards saying to Coco Montrese ''look at fucking orange you look girl''. It doesn't last at all too, I only went to school and it was melting off my face, I live in Canada in -35 weather, and my skin wasn't even oily so why was it melting off, like I don't understand and girl it is thickkkkk it wouldn't even come out of the glass bottle you have to literally shake it onto your hand this 4 times before even a little comes out. I don't know, this foundation was a hot mess. Needless to say, i threw it into the garbage and only used it like 7 times. OH, also. It makes you break out like crazy because it is so thick. Like I like cake but damn girl. I recommend Milani conceal and perfect, keeps your oil under control, while providing a radiant finish and has olive+yellow undertones.. and its like $10 CAD

I have been using the studio fluid in NC15 since I was 16, it’s by far my favorite foundation that I have used (it is important to mention though that I have only tried 3 types on myself). I love that the coverage is medium-full. I do have to set it but that doesn’t bother me personally because I would powder over it either way. Applies flawlessly with a BB. My only complaints about this foundation are that it tends to attach to dry patches making them more noticeable & I’m also not a huge fan of the bottle, it’s not very practical. I really wish it had a pump because when you get to the bottom of the bottle it’s nearly impossible to get the remaining product out of it, so that’s kind of annoying. That being said, after I run out of the bottle I am using now I think I will try another top brand for comparison but I would definately recommend it to others and purchase it again.

Okay so honestly... I love this. I realize that MAC was the "It Girl" brand on YouTube back in the 2007-2012 days and a lot of people have moved onto other trendy makeup companies chasing the latest fads. But recently I decided to revisit good 'ol MAC and pick up a few of the cult classics. The artist at the MAC store matched me to the new shade NC10 which blended seamlessly into my porcelain skin. I am so thrilled that MAC created this beautiful pale shade that does not lean pink nor yellowy even though its an NC shade its one of the most neutral PPP shades I've ever come across. Nars Siberia is a little too yellow, KVD #41 is ghostly white with a pinky undertone, ELDW 1N1 Ivory Nude is a hair too dark etc... you get the point. Pale girls know that there is always something a little off about so many ivory shades on the market.

Studio Fix Fluid is a medium to full coverage foundation with a thick liquid consistency and a glamorous matte finish. The bottle doesn't come with a pump which is annoying but what else is new I guess. This foundation has a very skin-perfecting finish it makes you look like an airbrushed doll. I find its one of the few foundations that doesn't require a primer underneath but you do want to make sure you moisturize. The MAC artist explained that this foundation contains powder particles which makes it long lasting and lends to the beautiful finish that looks amazing in photographs. I have a combo/dry skin type and I prefer not to set my entire face with powder during the winter otherwise it looks too matte and chalky especially since I'm so pale.
Studio Fix Fluid lasts beautifully on the skin but I wouldn't say its one of those transfer-resistant, sweat-resistant, hurricane-resistant, tsunami-resistant foundations. There are days in my life where I need 6-8 hours of solid wear but not necessarily ultra concrete type of wear like ELDW. I don't always need my makeup to last 12+ hours on my face. I think this foundation is worth another try for people who want that flawless base and I love the fact its less expensive than other high-end brands.

EDIT: I still like this foundation and continue to use it regularly. However, I have noticed something peculiar. I bought another bottle in NC15 to mix in with the NC10 I already had. After a few weeks of having the bottle of NC15 it seems like the makeup in the bottle has oxidized and gone a little orangey, When I swatched the foundation on my hand it wasn't the fair golden shade I had purchased from the MAC counter. It has now changed color and is unwearable for me even if I mix it with NC10. I remember having the same thing happen to me last summer when I bought it in NC20 to match my fake tan and the shade was perfect --- after a month or so the foundation had gone darker and had an orange tint. What the hell is up with this?