MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive age: 36-43

3.6

This foundation is absolutely fantastic, but it takes a little work to get it right. You must practice good skin care to get the most out of it! Exfoliating makes any foundation look better and since this is med-full coverage, it's a must! Primer can help with any textural issues you may have. The application is important too; if you try it several ways, you'll find something you like. I use the Beauty Blender (damp) for natural coverage, or the Sigma F82 for more coverage. I think the reason this breaks a lot of people out is that they aren't removing it properly! Treat this like a long-wearing product and remove it with a cleansing oil or balm FIRST before you use your regular face wash. Otherwise, you're probably leaving makeup behind every night. Like I said, it takes work, but if you practice good skin care and the right application techniques, this foundation can look amazing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation is fantastic!!! I put off buying this, but after reading some good reviews here, I caved! So glad I did, too! People are right about the colors, though. I find that Studio Fix Fluid runs darker than the Select Foundation, and I had to go a shade lighter- from NC30 to NW25- for a PERFECT match. I think this is MAC's best foundation formula yet! My skin looks great with this foundation, and the color is a perfectly natural match on me. I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!! It lasts all day and doesn't streak, fade, or settle into any creases on my face! MAGNIFICENT!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! :o) continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I've gotten a few samples of this foundation and so far, so good. I've normally stayed away from MAC's liquid foundations as I wasn't too impressed with the formulas but I like the SF liquid foundation.
It gives sheer to medium coverage and a semi-matte finish, plus the SPF15 is great. I'll definitely buy a full-size bottle when I have the chance.
EDIT 11/13/06: I still like this foundation but it can be a wee bit on the heavy side. Still a good product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

My all time HG is Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk which is the most amazing foundation I've ever tried. But there are times in the summer when I need something more matte and Studiofix works fairly well. I'm NC15 and this foundation is a great match.

I use it with a MAC skunk brush which helps keep in from getting cakey. It's not as natural looking as the GA LS, but it's a little heavier coverage to neutralize my rosacea redness and the finish stays looking fresher for longer without even using powder. It does sometimes oxidize a bit darker which the GA Luminous Silk never does.

Nice, would be even better if it came with a pump because it's ridiculous to have to buy one.

I also have super sensitive dry skin and this has never caused a problem.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Nothing amazing, in my opinion. My makeup artist cousin used this for my engagement party celebration. She used NW20, which was a decent match for me.

Personally I think it was too heavy for my liking. I do not have to cover up acne scars, am not prone to break-outs & I don't have hyper pigmentation.

I am reddish on my cheeks & it covered up that well. But so did other more lightweight foundations.

Within a couple hours I was shiny and my foundation looked cakey.

A foundation has to be amazing for me, or I just never use it/buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After many quest for best coverage, flawless foundation from drugstore to high end department, tried chanel foundation, itchy and burns, bobbi brown foundation, itchy and burns due to my high sensitive skin. I was so disappointed because I wanted to buy and stick to one foundation and not want to shop again and again with sad face after foundation being tried on and my skin doesnt like it at all. Went to MAC store (not in mall, it's exculsive mac store) and talked with SA about my concerns on sensitive and acne prone skin. She matched me NW20, even though the color looks off with yellowish color in bottle, but when applied on my face, OMG it went on flawless and color matched! I couldn't believe it. I asked for two weeks sample since I wanted to make sure it wouldn't break my skin out like many ladies mentioned in this review. I am so nervous about it. But after watching on youtube, some ladies mentioned to put on hourglass primer or cover fx primer then putting on mac foundation, it didn't break them out at all. So I went and got hourglass primer as a sample to test out. My husband said wow, it really looked so fabulous on me, so smooth, flawless! I do not have flawless skin at all, it's oily, untone, red spots, and post acne scars. I am almost 40 years old, I was never satisfied how any foundation looks on me until this one. I do like Armani G Luminous foundation, but their colors are limited and broke my skin out. So I gotta to try this. So, I am on trail right now, cross my fingers! I will come back in two weeks to post my update feedback on this foundation....

The product is fine, but after trying it on one side of my face, using MAC's 187 brush and Revlon color stay on the other side with a cheaper stippling brush I could barely tell a difference.

I asked my husband (bless his heart for dealing with my makeup addiction) to look at my face in the bathroom lighting and then at the window for natural lighting. Both times he picked the Revlon side saying it looked "softer and more natural" - that's all it took to have me pass on the MAC.

Still love both with MAC's ladyblush!!

This foundation is ok, I bought nc15 as im very pale and I just about get away with the no tide line around my jaw area looking orange. Covers ok, lasts ok, pump I bought for it was ok, the only problem I have with this foundation is that around my eyes it looks absolutely terrible. I have a few lines, (laughter lines that is) and my gosh does it show them up, which is a shame because I really do like it otherwise. I think I would buy it again but I will try to find a nice concealer to put under my eyes instead. Just a quick note I originally sampled the nw15 and it made me look very orange so I would suggest that if you are pale then stick to the nc15 as its less orange and more yellow toned.