MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

3.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

First, let me say the fact that you have to buy the pump separately is ridiculous.

This is the first time I've gone in for a 'high end' foundation. I wanted something that was light enough for my skin with enough coverage to hid my shame. In terms of coverage I'd call it medium, and the shade NC10 is a perfect match for me. It does seem slightly patchy really close up, but from a normal distance it looks great and wears well (haven't tested it long haul yet).
Unfortunate con: It smells horrid so bear that in mind.

I tend to apply foundation with my fingers and then blend out with a damp sponge... not sure if this is the best method for this foundation so will have to experiment.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product gave me the worst cystic breakout. I am in my twenties and had gotten my skin under control for years. This made me feel like a teenager again in a bad way. It also itched my skin so there must be ingredients in here I am allergic to. I read that it is the talc, which is in a lot of MAC products and makes sense because nothing from MAC ever worked out for me. If you have sensitive skin, beware.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I first bought this foundation after talking with a MAC beauty consultant and this is the foundation she recommended for my wants/needs: full coverage, concerns with oily skin. It does give full coverage and it cover imperfections well. It also lasts for me about 4-5 hours before becoming shiny, but it eventually always does and before the end of the day. It does oxidize to a shade darker, and moves and separate on me even with a silicone primer (maybe I'm doing something wrong). It's a good choice for people with imperfections or who need more coverage for other reasons. But, there are so many other choices out that I like better, even DS brands. I did give it 4 lippies because it does what it says, for the most part.

Pros: Color selection, full coverage, has SPF, though only 15, leaves a nice flat, but not dry matte finish

Cons: Scent, doesn't stay matte very long on my oily skin even with a powder setting and primer, doesn't come with a pump - you have to purchase that separately

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For reference: I am N15 with mostly dry but slightly combination skin - oily around immediate nose and slightly on forehead/chin. I am 33 years old with acne-prone skin around the chin/jawline which I treat with a prescription anti-acne product. Despite my acne-prone area, my foundations of preference tend to be dewy/glowy since the moisture helps to prevent fine lines/aging, and I can always target specific oil-prone areas with powder if need be. This foundation is cited as being non-acnegenic on MAC's website and did not cause extra acne for me while I used it.

To compare, my foundation go-to has been the dewy finish of L'oreal True Match Lumi in W1-2. I had thought I wanted something with more opaque coverage so I decided to try MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation. I deducted lippies for packaging because a pump should be included with the bottle for hygiene's sake rather than forcing clients to pay extra.

My application method is a layer of SPF moisturizer, followed by blending with the Real Techniques beauty sponge. I finished with MAC Pro Longer concealer and Laura Mercier translucent finishing powder. I touch up throughout the day with powder on nose approximately 3-4 times.

The foundation is advertised on the website as being oil-controlling and leaving a mattified effect. I think this foundation delivers what it promises on the website. The finish was *fairly* nice, it wasn't particularly awe-inspiring ("she has perfect skin!") but it wasn't as chalky as L'Oreal's classic True Match foundation ("she's definitely wearing foundation").

Ironically, even with my slightly oily T-zone, this foundation is too drying for me. I noticed that it was making the fine lines on my forehead become more pronounced because of its drying effect, and because it settled into those lines.

I have tried adding oil to this foundation to dilute/increase moisture. I have also tried not powdering my forehead. I have never had to do that before. Using both tactics, this foundation was still too drying for me.

I would recommend this product for someone whose face produces a lot more oil than mine, and who is looking for better quality than drugstore but not as expensive as comparable mattifying higher-end foundations from Marc Jacobs, Laura Mercier, Hourglass etc. Although the finish you get with those products would probably be more "skin" like.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It's a nice, medium coverage foundation. I got this one in NC15, which is actually a bit too dark for me. Now, in summer, I can get away with it, but I won't buy it again for the winter.
It stays on my face for at least 5-6 hours, without primer and powder. The two mayor problems that I had with this foundation are the smell and the break-out on my face. I've never had problems with any foundation, only with this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

My all time HG is Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk which is the most amazing foundation I've ever tried. But there are times in the summer when I need something more matte and Studiofix works fairly well. I'm NC15 and this foundation is a great match.

I use it with a MAC skunk brush which helps keep in from getting cakey. It's not as natural looking as the GA LS, but it's a little heavier coverage to neutralize my rosacea redness and the finish stays looking fresher for longer without even using powder. It does sometimes oxidize a bit darker which the GA Luminous Silk never does.

Nice, would be even better if it came with a pump because it's ridiculous to have to buy one.

I also have super sensitive dry skin and this has never caused a problem.

I love this foundation, it was my first Mac foundation and the first thing I really splurged on hehe, that was almost seven years ago. I got this in NC20, the blush gentle, and the mineralize powder in medium. I've never looked back....
I still wear this everyday if you apply it with a damp beautyblender it looks natural, but I prefer my fingertips after a light mist of Avene thermal water spray. I like the semi satin finish, I think it looks so beautiful in life and photos. The only down side is you have to exfoliate, and use moisturizer if you have dry skin like me. I like nivea in the blue jar or avene creams. When I first bought this I never moisturized or exfoliated and it never gave me any problems lol. I always loved it. I like it because it's so buildable, you can really get a full coverage or do a beautiful natural day time look.

I guess some people won't like it, but I would just recommend trying on several shades to see if you like it and don't be pressured by the sells person. I once bought a NW30 from a stupid Mac worker who thought they knew everything and I'm a NC20. When I use the wrong one it seriously looked orange and applied not the same, it looked cakey and weird....ughh *Shutters*. So I think that some shades are just off on color and formula.

I gave overall four rating because it worked for me and stays all days and won't transfer onto clothing. I also like the pumps you can buy so I gave packaging five stars. This is great for professionals if your doing weddings and stuff:) I've tried this on many people with excellent results. I've also never had problems with this breaking me out and I have somewhat sensitive skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Possibly one of the worst foundations I've ever used. Coverage was way too light and did a terrible job at evening out skin tone, the smell was HORRID (smelt like bad chemicals) with the scent lingering all day. and the bottle design was not functional at all. It was such a struggle to get foundation out - either a lot would come out all at once, or none would come out at all. Definitely not worth the high price tag. Never again!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

Hello,
I bought this foundation after much reviews on ig. And decided I'll try it. I was looking for a matte foundation for very oily skin. That was what I thought I needed. But to my surprise my skin turns out to be oily combo. I have oily areas as well as majority dry spots. So I got this foundation in NC42. I think it's a bit dark. But I make it work. The bottle is okay. You can buy the pump from the MAC store for easier use. I like that with a good primer it will last for a while without touch up. I'm thinking of trying something else. So I'm not sure if I'll repurchase this again. I recommend this to anyone that's looking for medium to full coverage foundation with yellow undertones. And oily skin.

I'm NC15 (a bit lighter than that but I can only use NC13 in winter and I don't wear makeup in winter much so I stick with NC15) and apply with a 132 Mac brush and I look airbrushed and photoshopped (cue screaming).

The coverage is fairly medium and it's a bit less of a matte finish than I would've liked (not quite satiny though) but I got so many compliments on my 'good skin' and 'natural glow' wearing this so I happy with it.

The in-built SPF15 factor claim may be a bit dubious however. I was viciously burned in a 3 hour car journey (stuck in traffic) on a semi-cloudy, occasionally sun peaking out from the clouds autumn day. I ended up lobster red and blistering. Use actual sunscreen, don't be fooled by the SPF15 claim.

This foundation layers ok with sunscreen, I clean and moisterise then put sunscreen (wait for it to dry), THEN primer, and finally this foundation and it looks great.

Putting finishing powder on it doesn't do much to mitigate the slight shininess of the finish and will make you look caked/less polished but when you go out into natural light, no one will notice.

Don't wear this under artificial lighting conditions however, once you pass the 3-4 hour mark, without any touch-ups YOU WILL GLOW AND NOT LIKE THE MOON OR A PREGNANT LADY BUT MORE LIKE THE COUNTER AT MCDONALDS THAT NEVER GETS CLEANED.

Try other foundations for more cover/longer lasting durability but this one is breathable for the skin (MY sensitive skin at least) and is very layerable (combine with other foundations).