MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily age: 36-43

3.6

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

1 lippie off for packaging coz it's pretty necessary to buy a separate pump. This is around $30+/- investment to your fdtn wardrobe & fdtn isn't something u wanna scrimp on I've found. I've got very extreme oily skin & I like a lot of coverage so I have the option of applying it/going over t-zone w a cream fdtn/applying HD powder (loose or pressed)/applying loose powder fdtn over the top/& my personal fave is to apply Studiofix powder fdtn over t-zone u never want to be over powdered so it's really only necessary to powder the t-zone very conservatively & I get photoshop results w those methods. NC15 is what I was diagnosed as way back when but its kind of too light but exchange is a hassle I will rebuy when j run out in NC20 or NC25 or somem I can make it work yanno? & it turns darker as the day goes on anyways lucky me huh then it's the right color haha it does oxidize beware! I use a MAC Sponge or MAC fdtn brush from holiday '15 collection to apply.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

DESCRIPTION OF ME ~ Light yellowy/olive complexion with a tendency to get redness on my cheeks and around my nose. MAC C2ish/NC20. Large pores, oily and prone to blackheads and occasional acne. Mid-thirties, some sun damage, (melasma) and fine creases on my forehead.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION~ "A modern foundation that combines a natural matte finish and medium, buildable coverage with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15 protection. Applies, builds and blends easily and evenly. Comfortable and long-wearing, helps minimize the appearance of pores and imperfections, giving skin a smoother, more flawless look and finish." From the site and well, I can't argue with that one bit. It does all those things!

PACKAGING~ Glass bottle, screw top, general pain unless you buy the pump which is essential and makes using this a breeze!

CONSISTENCY/TEXTURE~ Creamy, thick liquid foundation.

APPLICATION~ Pretty blendable actually. It's not a hard foundation to work with at all. I use it over a silicone primer.

FINISH~ The finish is matte but not cakey. I use powder because I like a refined-no-pore look but really, it doesn't need a whole lot of powder. Over a primer this will look natural. On lightly moisturized skin or no primer type base this might not look at well. It's a pro product to some extent and not meant to be used just out of the bottle. I use 1 pump, so, it really is a base. I'm not using this for total coverage or anything, that's what concealer is for. So, if you were to use more than 1 pump you might indeed end up with a bit of cake.

COVERAGE~ With one pump and if I use my fingers I get a naturalish medium coverage and a stippling brush (I'm currently using an ELF!) and 1.5-2 pumps and layer it can get pretty close to full. Not quite like an emollient foundation might but that's what concealer is for!

STAYING POWER~ With a good dusting of finishing powder it lasts all day without fail all day on my oily, dark pored skin.

SCENT~ It still smells like alcohol tbh and that's fine by me. It fades after it dries so not an issue.

COLOUR~ Ok, this is where MAC gets dicey or rather, other reviewers. I actually do NOT find MAC foundations "orange" like so many people seem to. You have the wrong shade if you do. NC is yellow based and being that our skin (dare I say ALL skin) is yellow to varying degrees, this is perfect and very well thought out makeup. Just got to a lighter shade than you think you might need! I find myself having to go darker in drugstore brands because it's only the dark shades that aren't darn pink. :| Also, it's not "oxidizing" you are using the wrong shade!! And, if NC15 "oxidizes" it's because MAC's lightest colour is not light enough for some people. So, that said, NC20 is perfect for me.

OTHER NOTES~ To those saying it breaks you out, it is unfortunate. As far as I can tell any thick foundation like this might have the tendency to. So, it's not the foundation it's your skin, ladies. If I stopped wearing makeup I'm pretty sure I would never breakout. It's not going to happen (for me) I adore makeup so I live with the occasional breakout and I do not blame my makeup. Even if I used something rich and oily like MAC's full coverage (grease pot basically) I would not BLAME the makeup. That stuff is not intended for every day use, it's occlusive to a large degree, of course it's going to break me out! I still break out once in awhile and I don't think this foundation has anything to do with it other than that's the nature of makeup.

OVERALL~ I've used this foundation exclusively for over 2 years now and repurchased many times I adore it. If you are oily and want a long lasting foundation and love yellowy shades, this is a wonderful option. I have just ordered Estee Lauder's Double Wear on a whim because I think I'm in the mood to play around. I have 3 backups of this foundation though and have no intention of trading or getting rid of them.

Thank you Seclusae2 giving me permission to use your great reviewing format.

INGREDIENTS~ ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Octinoxate 2.50% Other: Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Algae Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lethicin, Hydrogenated Lethicin, Xanthan Gum, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Laureth-7, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Chloroxylenol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben [+/- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to say that this is one of the best foundations that I have tried. It goes on smoothly and provides a great coverage. The shade NC 35 blended well with my skin tone. Originally, we got this foundation for my sister but then I tried it and then kept it. It stays on for a long time but if I want to prolong the coverage, I would use the MAC Studio Fix in powder on top of this foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have used this foundation for 5 years and love it. It provides excellent coverage in the areas that I need it and sheer coverage in the areas where I don't. I am surprised to read it has caused break outs for some, I have extremely sensitive skin and have never had an issue.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Once again MAC gets props for color selection. Oil control and mattifying problems are my top priority when looking for liquid foundation which is now my staple. I like SF Matte more than other brands because I can live w/the color. It wears sheer but is buildable, doesn't oxidize and does run lighter than the powder versions of MAC. With Blot Powder over this it is quite nice and lasts all day. Expecting anything to be there from 6am till 10pm is just asking way too much so I stopped and am happy that I look great till 5pm when I do a quick touch up before facing the man of my dreams who thinks I look like a beauty queen w/o MU.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So far so good,, i am a can of OIL!!! You have to apply this foundation properly. this foundation i dont recomment setting with mac powder if your super oily, i will oxideze and melt off your face. I am not new to this i gave up on mac for years. ive been testing this one for a week and found that mixed with MOM and my foundation stick, this stays matte and also i set with a diffrent powder. currently Loreal or Ben NYe powder.
you can find me on youtube for updates under channel-fearless femme

i put this on at 630am its now 1pm and im not shiny yet (its a miracle) lets c how long i can go.... i wil blot with Iman blot powder or Clinique stay matte powder. Im n sunny south florida and work 10 hr days with 2 hours out side. so ther will be an updte..

The girls in the store cant tell you how to apply this, its trial and error. and trust i have been orange face plenty of days to get right.. now my face is beat!!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Loved the way this foundation looked on my skin, loved the coverage and the color match was great...BUT, it broke me out after 2 days of wearing it. Nothing negative to say about it other than it just didn't work with my skin type.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I haven't broken out at all & I have the most sensitive skin EVER! I don't understand why people with dry skin are buying this product as it is meant to be a MATTIFYING product. You do not use matte products with dry skin. How hard is that to understand? Do your research before investing your money in high end products. As for this foundation, fantastic coverage. Not cakey. Not streaky. Perfect. I'll switch back & forth between SFF & RCS as both are wonderful.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is by no means a bad product. At least, Mac knows what real skin looks like, and there is no way you won't find a shade to match your skin! However, beware: NC35 of ProLongwer does not look the same with NC35 of Studio Fix as I found out. To me, the ProLongwer looks way more flattering/yallow based.
Staying power is OK but not what I expected. I actually have to use powder after 3-4 hours, while, quite frankly, I hardly use any when I use the ELDW... The other annoying thing is that it tends to sit on pores like hell and make them look larger (and mine are huge anyway, they don't exactly need a foundation to make them more visible!) To be honest, this really put me off this foundation for good. I prefer the ProLongwer (which also seems to last more than Studio Fix) though the Studio Fix has better coverage than the Prolongwer. It's a shame really! I really-really wanted to love this foundation. Oh, and what's this thing with the pump being sold separately? Honestly! At 2014 there are still foundations in bottles sold without a pump! (and I am looking at you too ELDW!! It's not just good changing formulations and shades, do something about packaging as well!)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HG!!!! Finally! I can't believe I haven't tried this before. I have used the studio fix powder and liked it but still me oily. I purchased this with the MAC blot powder and after a long day skin looks flawless! No oil! I've tried every matte foundation powder and liquid foundation out there from drug store to $$$$$ and this is by far the best!!! My only complaint is the bottle I wish it were a pump :).

I changed my review after using it for a month it started making my skin look dull. It did provide matte coverage but I like a more natural look and It felt too thick on my skin.