MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily age: 19-24

3.2

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am on my 8th bottle of this foundation. I have tried every single foundation out there and I have never found another foundation I have so much as even liked. I have extremely, extremely oily skin that other foundations look dreadful on. I find once I use primer, powder and setting spray I only need to touch up once with powder and this looks good all day. I have found other foundations that last slightly better (i.e. double wear), but just don't look nice or flattering. I find studio fix looks amazing on the skin. It's perfect for a more natural everyday makeup, or else for nights out I apply two layers and its flawless.

Update: When I first wore this without primer or powder, it used to become so oily and literally wipe off my face within hours. Now, I rarely moisturise my skin (sounds weird but when my skin is so oily, taking this out of my routine has made a big difference). I use benefit the porefessional under this foundation and Laura Mercier translucent as my powder and it seriously lasts all day long. I live in Ireland so heat is not a factor at all haha, but every single other foundation (bar double wear) will not last on my skin, even with primer and powder. LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have tried this foundation twice on my face and no able to write an clear review. I love it. I have extremely oily skin and this is perfect. I use Revlon Colorstay before but it's thickness was too much for my skin. So I tried a sample of the the Studio Fix. I Love It. All I need is a one pump and covers my whole face with all my acne scars. It lasts all day over 8 hours with very minimal shine on my nose. Did NOT break me out either

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I've tried just about every foundation out there because I couldn't find one that looked good on my skin - until I came across the Studio Fix Fluid. I like full coverage, and that's just what this stuff does. I wear it with Glamoflauge concealer and Studio Fix Powder for a flawless look that lasts all day. Just a tip...if you have oily skin like me, you're gonna want to use milk of magnesia as a base, or else you'll be blotting your face all day.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily, acne prone skin so here is a list of my pros and cons:
Pros:
Medium to full buildable coverage
flawless coverage
Don't have to use powder to touch up as often
Great staying power
Keeps oilyness under controll
Great choice of shades
A little goes a long way
Doesn't look caked on
Looks fine in photos
Great price

Cons:
I did have a small breakout after using this for about two weeks but then my skin seemed to get used to the product. After about a month of use I hardly get any breakouts. (however please not that I did switch my skincare products at the same time as I started using this).
- Bottle! I'm going to purchase the pump as it is hard to get the produtct out.

I'd recomend if you like a medium to full coverage but don't like foundations like Estee Lauder Double Wear etc. This is a little more breathable than that whilst still looking flawless. It also lasts a lot longer during the day than Chanel Mat Lumiere.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I actually really LOVE this foundation,I got compliments on how smooth my face looked,works great coverage,great oil-control,I am usually an NC30 but got it in NC25 because it oxidizes,& I didnt breakout at all

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Mac's studio fix fluid is a product that i will most definetly repurchase. It stays matte all day long. I apply my makeup at around 7am and i take it off at around 7-8pm. The first time i purchase this product i broke out with 7-10 cystic pimples on my face. I went back to the the mac mua and i told her what was happening and we pin pointed that i wasn't washing my brushes with something that would clean it properly. At the time i was using baby shampoo. Now i am using dawn dishsoap and since i retried it again i have not had 1 single pimple from using it. This is my hg foundation. I have it in two colours NW45 and NW55. Mixing those colours gives me the exact shade that i am because NW50 was looking a bit ashy and NW45 was too light. I got very dark this summer. I like the ability to have control in mixing my colours. Therefore this is a product i will definitely be repurchasing for a very long time.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have used this foundation since I was 16, (This is when I first started using 'premium makeup' ) I have strayed from this foundation but find myself coming back to it again and again. This is why I have awarded it 5 lipsticks. I find that the foundation is best applied with the MAC 187 brush (instead of my usual foundation brush #190 or #191) as it stops it becoming 'mask' like and looks incredibly flawless. I always use my Mac mineralize skinfinish natural to set the foundation for the day, I wouldnt recommend this if you have dry or sensitive skin as I think it may look un-natural looking and heavy on the skin. This does last all day but I do touch it up often with the mineralize powder to combat shine, one of the downfalls of oily skin. For reference my colouring is olive so I use NC45 which is perfect but as with foundations I highly recommend that you visit the makeup counter for a consultation and some samples which you can try in direct daylight to get the perfect match day or night, as many people use the NW range instead of NC and vice versa ( I know this as I used to use NW after just impulse buying) Highly recommended if you want good coverage and a long wearing finish and buy the pump as this controls the amount you use. x

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. You must use a foundation brush to apply it, otherwise it looks fake and you can tell you are wearing a foundation. I have some scars from previous acne, and this is the only thing that covers them up. People tell me all the time how nice my skin is. HA! If only they seen it without this fluidline.
I breakout easily, but have not with this product and I have been wearing it for years.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Got this in a sample kit after a MAC class. They never bothered to give this to me in a matching shade, so I have this super light shade. I never waste anything, so I decided to use this as a concealer and under my brows. It seems quite light and non-cakey. Not bad, might actually try it in my actual shade!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

sigh... i love this foundation so much ... you have no idea. This had literally changed the way i thought about myself. I shall explain.
So for years i had suffered from extreme acne that had occurred during a young age and was passed to me from my father's side. I tried to cover it up with so many things and for years i had suffered from scars... and i thought nothing would cover it up until i found this. I didn't even need a concealer, this foundation is amazing. It made me look and feel beautiful, and i was so happy. The coverage is full, it blends like a dream, covers everything, goes on smooth, matte and makes you look flawless. And now the CONS.... it has harsh ingredients that make most women, even those without sensitive skin, break out massively. This product irritated my skin so much... for a while i couldn't even feel any clear parts of my forehead because it was so wrought with acne... it was only recently that i switched to mineral makeup that i've gotten my face back... but honestly... if you can use this and it doesn't break you out, you are so lucky, because this foundation is just beautiful and i really wish i could use this...
i bought a bottle even though it breaks me out... i used it for a special occasion and i wore it 5 hours. i went home and washed it out and i had TWO CYSTIC ACNE on my cheek. Thats how bad this product is for me. Now theyre gone because i haven't use it in a while and i load my face up with alot of skin care products. Also, i don't think this product is very good for the summer time. Its very thick and WILL MELT off of your face. I have to retouch this foundation every 2-3 hours or my face will look like a melting mess, i am not exaggerating. But despite all of these cons... i will probably repurchase because this product is the only foundation that is my PERFECT shade match and it just smoothes out everything... sigh...