MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily

3.4

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing Foundation for oily skin!! But i would not buy it again beacuase of the animal testing.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

God knows I've tried with this foundation. The Estée Lauder ones keep me matte all day. This one is literally like adding oil to my face by the hour. I use a matte primer, then the foundation, then bake with a loose powder, THEN add studio fix powder and it still ends up a horrific oily mess by 11am. Truly awful and certainly not for oily skin. I'll stick to my trusty Lauder, should of know better.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I had oily skin when I first purchased this foundation in November & when I first used it I hated it because it was so dry!! But I mixed it in with some enhancer drops and I loved it! Now however it's made my skin SO oily, I do wear it everyday and have since then. This foundation has never broke me out but it has definitely made my skin the oiliest it's EVER been. Now with a primer and setting it, it doesn't last more than 2 hours :(

Great colour and coverage however not long lasting and has made my skin oiler

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was recommended this product by my Mac representative, as I was looking for something with full coverage and designed for oily skin. Straight after application it looks incredible, it has a gorgeous nice matte glow, however I found this foundation to last around two hours before it started to shine and bring oil to the surface. After a whole day the foundation was all but non existent. My skin broke out so bad after around two days use, everywhere that I had applied the product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am on my 8th bottle of this foundation. I have tried every single foundation out there and I have never found another foundation I have so much as even liked. I have extremely, extremely oily skin that other foundations look dreadful on. I find once I use primer, powder and setting spray I only need to touch up once with powder and this looks good all day. I have found other foundations that last slightly better (i.e. double wear), but just don't look nice or flattering. I find studio fix looks amazing on the skin. It's perfect for a more natural everyday makeup, or else for nights out I apply two layers and its flawless.

Update: When I first wore this without primer or powder, it used to become so oily and literally wipe off my face within hours. Now, I rarely moisturise my skin (sounds weird but when my skin is so oily, taking this out of my routine has made a big difference). I use benefit the porefessional under this foundation and Laura Mercier translucent as my powder and it seriously lasts all day long. I live in Ireland so heat is not a factor at all haha, but every single other foundation (bar double wear) will not last on my skin, even with primer and powder. LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation. im on my 4th bottle. my shade is nc35. i love how this foundie covers my acne scars without looking too cakey. i use flat brush to apply my foundie. i applied my benefit porefessional first then i use this foundie. love love it. the only down side is u hv to buy the pump separate. u can buy one pump (available at MAC). i love this and i definetely will buy again n again !

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Great foundation for slightly oily skin. I have extremely oily skin so I tend to oil up a few hours after but that's with most foundations I use! This foundation however gives a super flawless finish and oil isn't super oily, but rather a nice glow :) Wish it came with a pump though cause that's an extra $8 on top of $50 🙃

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally I purchased MAC Foundation. I never wanted to buy MAC Foundie because I remember my sister told me that MAC is for an adults and whatsoever.

This is my first impression. I bought this just 3 days ago.
So last night, I came home little bit late. I'm reached home and suddenly I fell a sleep. In the morning, I was like "Damn! I slept with makeup on zzz". Then I get off my bed and gotta clean my makeup. As I stare at the mirror I cannot believe that my face still perfect. No oily. No creasing. Flawless. And I'm feeling like Yoncé, Woke Up Like Thizzz!

I am struggling with my oily skin. I have tried so many foundation and primer. I tried a lot of skin care too. This foundation is amazing. It's light on my skin. I use MUFE Primer or Benefit Porefessional right before it and spray UD's Oil Control Spray.

It's quite expensive but I see the quality over it. But since this is my first time buying MAC Foundation, I wonder why they separated the pump?

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

1 lippie off for packaging coz it's pretty necessary to buy a separate pump. This is around $30+/- investment to your fdtn wardrobe & fdtn isn't something u wanna scrimp on I've found. I've got very extreme oily skin & I like a lot of coverage so I have the option of applying it/going over t-zone w a cream fdtn/applying HD powder (loose or pressed)/applying loose powder fdtn over the top/& my personal fave is to apply Studiofix powder fdtn over t-zone u never want to be over powdered so it's really only necessary to powder the t-zone very conservatively & I get photoshop results w those methods. NC15 is what I was diagnosed as way back when but its kind of too light but exchange is a hassle I will rebuy when j run out in NC20 or NC25 or somem I can make it work yanno? & it turns darker as the day goes on anyways lucky me huh then it's the right color haha it does oxidize beware! I use a MAC Sponge or MAC fdtn brush from holiday '15 collection to apply.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

So far probably the best foundation I have tried. The oil control is good enough (I still need to blot throughout the day), you can also powder and doesn't look cakey. It didn't cause me any breakouts (surprisingly, considering this is a heavy coverage foundation), and overall has good staying power.
What I don't like about this is the coverage - it's really heavy, and I prefer medium coverage foundations which look more natural, but all the other ones tend to fade away throughout the day. Another thing I hate are the shades. I have tried all the lightest shades and the closest match I found is the NW10, but it makes my skin look incredibly dull and ashy. It does oxidize - by the end of the day it looks one shade darker.