MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Oily

3.6

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Best foundation I have ever used. Amazing coverage, lasts all day and makes your skin look flawless!

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

A cult classic. Everyones first foundation purchase was this baby here...LOL. This foundation is a staple and I can always go back to it when I want that super matte finish. This is THE matte of all matte's. Super dry but this sucker will stay on your face all day. Its transfer proof and does not breakup. It looks as good after 9 hours of wear as when you first put it on. I sometimes use this one as a base to mix with other foundation. For example, I'm into dewy finishes lately but I have oily skin. So, I might use this foundation to restrain the oils that surface throughout the day. I am in shade 47W which is an okay shade match. The thing that I HATE about this foundation is, it does not have a pump! Can be so messy at times or I end up wasting product and I hate that. The price point is a tad bit cheaper than other high end foundations. I keep this foundation around for nightly events usually or when I need to look super snatched...LOL.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

One of my favourite foundations in the world to this day. I am very pale but mac has a wonderful colour selection and i am still able to wear the right shade for my skin. I vary between oily and dry, depending on various factors, aka weather, health, diet and so forth, but i always love a matte finish - and i can always get it with this foundation. The only annoying thing is that the bottle doesn't come with a pump and the matching pump is more than most would cost. But either way, this foundation is well worth it. I have been using it for well over 2 years now, and even though my skin is very sensitive, it doesn't break me out or anything like that.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my go-to foundations. Never looks cakey, keeps me pretty matte, colour is spot on (NW 13 for winter and can go up to NW20 in summer). This is the perfect foundation for all seasons. Wish the pump came with the product. Wear time is pretty good, generally stays looking nice for 12 hrs despite my oily skin. There is a slight flashback so be wary! One of the only foundations that have never broken me out!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for a couple years now and it is my go to. I first went to Mac because I have a very fair complexion and at the time their shade range fit me best. I would consider it to be medium coverage but very easy to build onto. When it is set with a powder and spray it lasts all day and continues to cover everything. Only thing i dislike is that it comes with a screw off top and you have to purchase a pump separately from Mac.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my holy grail foundation. It's a solid medium to full coverage foundation. If you apply one pump, it stays medium and looks very natural. Two pumps gets you full coverage and looks amazing. My skin is very textured with pit scarring and this is one of the few foundations that makes my skin look its best. Another big reason why this is a HG for me are the compliments! I get so many compliments when I wear this, but not when I wear other foundations. I like to set this with a loose transculent powder (press and roll with a puff), buff Studio Fix powder on top, and set with setting spray for the ultimate beat face. The only downside to this foundation is that it doesn't have much oil control for my VERY oily skin. But honestly, I haven't found a foundation that has kept me shine free other than the Kevyn Aucoin sensual skin enhancer. I don't find that I break out from this either! I always come back to this foundation!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate to give one lippie & negative review about this cult foundation & MAC as a brand. But this is what I experienced with them..so, here I go! :)

About MAC:
- They have the rudest sales assistant EVER! How they speak to you, body languages, unwillingness to show products, and they alwaysss play with testers, ignoring you (now MAC counter in our biggest mall is closing down. Yay?!)
- They will give you side eye look if: you wear minimal makeup (yes I was looking for a new foundie), your makeup over the top than theirs (I have my makeup done by MUA, I was waiting for the party to start so I decided to strolling into makeup counters for killing time. The MAC sales assistant is talking behind your back. I heard them (something about eyebrows too bushy too. Thin eyebrows are on fleek back then!))
- Tester always runs out, especially lipstick
- Sales assistant (in the counter I visited) lacking knowledge about MAC products
- Sales assistant gave me wrong color of this Studio Fix Foundation (she gave NC42! When in MUFE I am Y235, around medium light/medium)

I use this Studio Fix Fluid about 10years ago. For a mere 2months then I tossed it (I gave it to my granny's maid)

What's GOOD about Studio Fix Fluid:
- Coverage (It covers my acne marks perfectly. I don't need concealer)
- Finishes (It's not matte or overly dewy on my combo skin. Just a right satiny finish)
- As far as I remembered, there's no whitecast (sorry I vaguely remembered, but it looks decent in photo (no flashback) albeit a bit orangey face compared to my chest/body)
- Pretty glass bottle

What's BAD:
- Bad color match (screw you sales assistant) NC42 gave me orange face!! Dust it with light colored powder didn't help. It just made me looking like powdered mochi. Dammit!
- The velvet cap easily got dirty
- No pumps. Pumps is expensive too
- I breakout horribly. I have all types of acnes (according to my dermatologist). Papules, pustules, cysts, and some nodules covered all my face! They put Algae on the ingredients whichhh years later (from other products with Algae in it too) I know I have bad reaction to Algae. After dermatologist visit, I tossed this foundie to the maid.

With acnes covering my entire face, this foundation definitely is NOT FOR ME. I steer out from foundie for a while after my dermatologist visit. It took me 4years to clear my acne...and with those rude sales assistant just NOPE. Yes, I still buy their lipstick, but from a private online shop :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation so much. I don't know why people hate on the smell of it, I love it and the color range is amazing! By far in my top 3! Coming in 2nd!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

There's a reason why this foundation has such a huge cult following - it's amazing! It's matte, medium to full coverage and creates a flawless base for almost all skin types. It is definitely more of an night time/event foundation as it is more heavy looking on the skin but honestly, I like it during the day as well! If you're into more full coverage glam foundations you will love this especially for night time. And an added bonus, It photographs exceptionally well!

The only downside to the Mac studio fix fluid is that it doesn't come with a pump which can make it ridiculously annoying. You can purchase a pump on the side but I think that's a major inconvenience, personally.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you like a full coverage flawless foundation you will LOVE Mac Studio Fix Fluid.
I have an oily T-zone, mild breakouts and this foundation lasts all day for me. I do notice it lasts longer when paired with my Mac Primer. This is basically a high end (better) version of Revlon Colorstay. So if you like that, you will love this. I wish the pump came with this foundation, but it's such a minor setback to how much I love this product. I will repurchase over and over =)