MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Oily

3.6

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation so much. I don't know why people hate on the smell of it, I love it and the color range is amazing! By far in my top 3! Coming in 2nd!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

There's a reason why this foundation has such a huge cult following - it's amazing! It's matte, medium to full coverage and creates a flawless base for almost all skin types. It is definitely more of an night time/event foundation as it is more heavy looking on the skin but honestly, I like it during the day as well! If you're into more full coverage glam foundations you will love this especially for night time. And an added bonus, It photographs exceptionally well!

The only downside to the Mac studio fix fluid is that it doesn't come with a pump which can make it ridiculously annoying. You can purchase a pump on the side but I think that's a major inconvenience, personally.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really like this foundation. I mix with a small amount of Weleda almond oil and gives a beautiful finish as can feel it can look a bit flat without, works great on my oily skin even with the oil added and got lots of compliments on how good my skin looked.
But I am nc35 and my first few bottles were great with a yellow undertone but the last bottle I bought is very orange and unwearable! Bought previously from Debenhams and the orange bottle directly from the mac website so definitely not fakes. Really not sure what happened but disappointed. Not sure I would buy again due to this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you like a full coverage flawless foundation you will LOVE Mac Studio Fix Fluid.
I have an oily T-zone, mild breakouts and this foundation lasts all day for me. I do notice it lasts longer when paired with my Mac Primer. This is basically a high end (better) version of Revlon Colorstay. So if you like that, you will love this. I wish the pump came with this foundation, but it's such a minor setback to how much I love this product. I will repurchase over and over =)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Great for oily skin, still need to blog midday but doesn't budge when you do. Full coverage, Mattifying but still a beautiful glow, little goes a long way, great price!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my favourite foundation for a couple of years but only after trying ELDW did I realise how bad this product is. I have oily skin and this foundation barely lasted until lunchtime, I found it easy to blend but would look incredibly orange. If you have oily skin like I do and want a long lasting, mattifying foundation, I wouldn't waste your money on this.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am 42 years old with an all over oily skin and large pores around the nose area. The central part of my face has a red tint to it too and my face is darker them my neck/chest. I have watery sensitive eyes.

See the drama?

I started using makeup two years ago and bought this foundation first. Love it. It goes on with great coverage and after I set it with my setting powder (100% silica of the Brazilian makeup brand Dailus) it pratically lasts me for 6 to 7 hours. After this some shine appears. However, I can't use it outside alone. I actually mix it with MUFE 128 (Y415, half in half). I am planning to buy it in NC44 and NW30 to mix so that i'll have only SFF.

Took one star for two reasons: 1) The color does oxidize. 2) The woman in the MAC store in Airport of Brasilia was not too friendly.

Although there was nobody in the store at the time, the woman didn't want to show me around for the available options and I had time to do it. I told her I was interested in the Studio Fix, but I didn't have that much experience with makeup so she could show me other options for my oily skin.

Obs.: Studio Fix liquid is not for the naked dry skin. In any case, moisturize is needed. Prepare your skin really well. Otherwise it will be cakey and show pores.

At the time, I also didn't know of the whole black woman x NC45. She, a BLACK WOMAN, gave me studio fix NC45 and that was that. Get going!

Unfortunately, at the store it was ok and some minutes latter I removed the spot where I applied it to travel. When I applied it at home to really test it, my face turned orange.... as in oraaaaaaaaaange. So, NC45 I'm not.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I love that i finally found my perfect colour match in this foundation. Always hated looking yellowy or face too dark for my body in pictures and this foundation has helped me with that. It would be better if you didn't have to buy the pump with it, (not that i was unhappy to buy the pump in itself) and then know you can't put the lid on over the pump. Because of travel i was scared to leave the pump head on even when it was turned to the off side in a travel bag but it is not nearly as convenient without the pump when applying makeup. Maybe a smaller or more accessible pump could be made to suit the lid or vice versa. Regardless of this, amazing colour range, dermatologist approved and non comedogenic. I can quite comfortably wear it on accutane treatment (for my oily skin) as long as i apply a moisturiser and primer first.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Definitely not for oily skin, cakey and didn't last through the day even with a primer underneath. also wish it had a pump

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have heard many good reviews about this product, so i thought i'd give it a try because the price of it wasn't bad at all. The foundation stays matte throughout the day, but it also has a luminous finish which i don't mind. But the coverage just wasn't enough for me. When I first applied it, it looked great! Throughout the day, my spots started peeking through and it was very noticeable along with the redness. I now mix it with my Tarte amazonian clay foundation and it has the best coverage with just the right amount of dewiness along with it. I would repurchase this foundation, as long as i have another product to mix it with.