MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had NC25 match for the pro long wear concealer so I purchased the same shade online lol WTF it's so orangy and much darker than my usually shade. And it oxidizes. I agree that the coverage and the finish are good, so I tried to mix it with my lighter foundations and none of them went well with this foundation and the finish turned horribly cakey or broke down in minutes. So disappointed tbh

I have been using the studio fluid in NC15 since I was 16, it’s by far my favorite foundation that I have used (it is important to mention though that I have only tried 3 types on myself). I love that the coverage is medium-full. I do have to set it but that doesn’t bother me personally because I would powder over it either way. Applies flawlessly with a BB. My only complaints about this foundation are that it tends to attach to dry patches making them more noticeable & I’m also not a huge fan of the bottle, it’s not very practical. I really wish it had a pump because when you get to the bottom of the bottle it’s nearly impossible to get the remaining product out of it, so that’s kind of annoying. That being said, after I run out of the bottle I am using now I think I will try another top brand for comparison but I would definately recommend it to others and purchase it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This was my holy grail foundation 10 years ago- but I am no longer 21 and since then, many other great foundation brands have arisen.

Thick coverage, amazing if you have scars and blemishes. However I used to break out in spots often from this product due to its consistency. In hot weather it would feel heavy. My skin was oily and I would need to powder a lot with this despite its full coverage. Having said that, I would buy again as it is good coverage if my usual products are out of stock as it is a safe bet.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

My new HG.

Before i say anything i just want to praise the pricing cause this looks just as good as a foundation twice or three times its price and stays on longer too.

This foundation is definitely a strong medium to full if you layer it and the best part is that it looks amazing in pictures. Thats the one thing that makes it better than any other foundation i own. Its finish is beautiful as well so another bonus there.

Edit: I can't believe how far a little bit of this ends up "gliding" across your face. It's incredible. I didn't realize how amazing this foundation was until I tried others for a while and then applied this again today and was FLOORED at how amazing it was. I would prefer this 100x over the Nars one I tried, the urban decay (although that one stays on for a long time and does look quite flawless), the mufe HD, kat von d, YSL all hours etc. I don't know how long a bottle lasts for other people but at 34 CAN I'm not complaining just because of how beautiful it is and how it stays on all day without a primer, without powder-although powdering your face will help a loot.
Honestly before you even read the rest of this review just go try it like....I now know why I kept buying different foundation after foundation before. I hope MAC sells this forever.

I have oily skin and it keeps a lot of oil at bay even 7 ish hours later. People always xomment on how oily my skin is when i use other foundations so this just makes this better for me.

Im an nc42 and the color does come off more yellow compared to my nars or luminous silk but it looks really good regardless.

Im trying so hard to contain my excitement about this product but i feel like ive finally come across the best foudnation and possibly only foundation im goimg to be using from now on.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Very average foundation.
Initially when i bought it, it worked alright (and the hype around mac make me like it).
But, as I used it I realized it's drying, sticks to dry patches, dull and does nothing spectacular. (For reference, I have oily skin. I cannot imagine dry skinned women wearing this).

I have switched to other foundations now, but search for HG continues...

Pros:
Great coverage
Long wearing

Cons:
The colour range in the palest none really seemed to match me
Not great on dry skin at all

NC 15 in winter. NC25 in summer. Have been using this product for 4 years now and it's def HG for me! Coverage is a good medium but you can build it up. Color never oxidizes. Finish is natural matte. Lasts all day. Really a beautiful and reliable foundation. I have combo acne prone skin and this has NEVER irritated my skin or caused breakouts. I just love it and wear it everyday. I set it with L'Oréal infallible matte powder and this combo is gorgeous. Make sure skin is exfoliated and moisturized prior to application. I believe that's the key to allowing this product to really work its magic. Love!

Always lasts the whole day on me whether I wear powder or not, some people hate the smell but weirdly enough I like it. Doesn't break me out, amazing coverage :)

In a few words, this foundation does not stay put, does not always dry matte, gets greasy, gets cakey, fades, and also it broke me out.
So this was my first ever high-end foundation, and when I first got it about a couple years ago, I was excited. I would actually use it pretty often (I did not reach for it everyday, I didnt want to waste my expensive product for school), and I used to love it. At this point I have to mention that I have oily skin, especially on my nose and the area around it, some random dry patches, a lot of acne scars and also occasional breakouts, as well as a couple permanent pimples and large pores on my nose. My skin is, in general, pretty bad, so I loved this foundation for the coverage it offered. However, after my break from foundations for the sake of (lightweight, effortless and quick makeup), I actually feel like I must have been blind to like this foundation. First of all, it says it has a matte finish, but it never actually dries down on my skin, unless I set it with powder. Second, it says it stays matte and controls oil, but just a few hours after putting it on it gets greasy, cakey and it fades away, resulting in my acne scars becoming visible. Also it creases under my eyes. Last but certainly not least, the worst of all the cons: it broke me out. I finally managed to make my skin look good and vanish my pimples literally today, no joke, I woke up and my skin looked pretty good. No pimples, no dry patches... And then I had a special event this afternoon and I decided to treat myself and wear my expensive foundation. I WISH I had gone with my 3€ essence concealer! When I got home and removed my disaster of a foundation, I could see a bunch o white bumps and some red pimples that didnt exist before. This is not the first time something similar happens, so I figured it is because of the foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After wearing this foundation for almost a year, sporadically, I finally threw it out. This was my very first non-drugstore foundation and it was totally not right for me.

The MAC SA recommended this even though I had dry skin because I wanted a fuller-coverage foundation. This made my face actually burn when I applied it and dried my skin out so bad my face and any acne spots would hurt during the day. I have since NEVER had any issue with any other drugstore or high-end foundations before or since. There is something in this that is just bad for sensitive and dry skins.

Once I got this on my face, I found it cakey when applied with a brush and patchy with a sponge. It let a lot of my redness show through in patches and I don't have that much redness. With a sponge, I also find when it's applied with a sponge, it sticks to the sponge and quickly creates this weird dry, sticky, hard shell on it that makes it almost impossible to blend the rest of it in.

The final nail in the coffin for me is the packaging. This has been around for however long and it's the only MAC foundation without a pump. For how much this costs, it should at least have a way of dispensing it that isn't pouring it out onto your hand.

HARD pass. I literally have no idea how some people are able to use and love it.