MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.5

This is my second bottle after I ran out of the last one a year ago. I bought but never finished about 5 foundations in the meantime and I just had to get back to this one. Great foundation, it does what is says and has an impressive colour range. NC15 matches my skin colour beautifully. I do have to moisturise my skin very well and I need a primer to keep the foundation in place, but after setting it with a powder, this foundation isn't going anywhere. A tip received from a beauty blogger is to use a tiny bit of translucent powder on top of the primer, underneath the foundations. It works wonders and keeps my skin matte for a good 12 hours. I use a wet beauty blender so the foundation is a little less thick on my skin and it blends wonderfully.

Though I read some of you saying that it causes break outs, it's not what I experienced. I have a very oily T zone with huge pores that tend to clog, but I haven't encountered a pimple other than on the usual spots. Because of the foundation's thickness, it does need proper cleaning after using it (which is why I use cleaning wipes, miccelar water AND washing it afterwards).

1 lippy less because you have to buy the pump separately. That's about the only ridiculous thing about this MAC foundation.

For the longest time Mac didn't have a foundation light enough for my skin. I stopped at a Mac Counter about a month ago for some lipstick, and saw a foundation on their shelf that looked really similar to the foundation I normally wear. I asked to try it on, and it matched perfectly! It was NC10. Normally I don't like matte foundations, but I do tend to get a bit oily during the summer so I decided to give this foundation a go. It was on sale too!

Now I am someone who has pretty clear skin, except for redness and the occasional closed comedone. I never get active breakouts, and I have yet to find a product that causes me to break out. Holy crap, this foundation. I look like I'm going through puberty again. I have tons of pimples all over my face, which I now have to figure out quickly how to get rid of them because my wedding is in a month.

I also hate the smell of this foundation, it smells like chemicals! It's also really cakey and caused my skin to look dull and aged.

I will never purchase this foundation again!

ACNE:
I read lots of reviews saying that this foundation would break me out especially because I have acne-prone skin and it gets easily irritated. I am on my 4th day of using it and my acne is just the same as it always was if not better (but that is because I am using the body shop tea tree oil line which has cleared me a lot). Another plus to this foundation is that there is SPF15 and SPF is supposed to be great when protecting acne and avoiding scarring. I put this on around 6am and take it off around 12 hours later and remains good all day. YOU MUST REMOVE FOUNDATION PROPERLY OR YOU WILL BREAK OUT. I remove with a cetaphil wipe and then wash my face, use a toner, moisturize, and then put tea tree oil treatment on after.

PACKAGING:
The glass bottle is inconvenient for traveling and you need to pay separately for the foundation pump. It is also pretty pricey but works well so I can overlook that.

I used this years ago and I liked the finish . It's very concentrated so start off with a bit. I like that it gives that perfected look. If I were to try it again I'd like to see if they have a more neutral shade NC is too yellow NW is ok on me.

This foundation stays on my skin no more than 3 hours and i don't have oily skin.it feels very heavy on the skin.

I really love the consistency of this foundation and the way it feels on my skin. It has great coverage and builds up well. I really like it as it is one of the few foundations that won't break me out. However, I find it extremely hard to match a MAC foundation to my skin. They are all either too yellow or too pink for my skin and I find it very frustrating.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used to wear this foundation a lot but then dewy foundations became more popular and that's what I've alwAys gone for since.
I bought it recently for makeup artist kit and decided to try it a few times to familiarize myself with this product and I hate it. It has so many good reviews on here but I find for my skin which can be a bit dry it emphasizes those areas even when used with a primer and feels very cakey. My skin also breaks out so bad after using it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this foundation in the shade NC42. I have a south Asian skin tone and combination skin. I have uneven skin tone and acne scars as well as dark circles. I like to have a foundation that I can put on in 5 min before work without having to spend too much time on it. I'm udually in a rush with the school run etc.

I'm happy to say I found this really easy to wear and the colour matched my skin perfectly. The warm under tones made me glow. I always have trouble finding the correct shade but MAC never let's me down. I have also had MAC studio Sculpt and MAC Matchmaster in No5. I felt studio sculpt made me shiny and match master would only work well when I had a perfect base and took time.

This foundation was not drying and blended really well. It's buildable coverage. It gives a pretty smooth finish. The only thing I didn't really like is that it didn't have a pump, so I felt that more product was released than what was needed so it was wasted. I did buy a separate pump so it wasn't too bad after that.

Overall a a good buy!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm a fan of this foundation. I have this in the shade NC45, and I never have purchased the pump that is sold separately for this because I honestly can't be bothered. I apply this with a beauty blender, and it provides me with medium coverage. I tend to mix it with L'Oreal's True Match (Creme Cafe) foundation so I can get a better colour match. After application, my skin looks immaculate. I may have to go in afterwards with concealer to cover my acne scarring, but it's very little. My only issue with this is, if I don't use a good primer with this, my T-Zone gets hella shiny after a few hours. However, I've been using this since I was 17, and it has always been one of my top choices.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

For the price, this is not something I will purchase again. I have combo skin and my T zone is super super oily at the end of the day with this foundation, in a way that hasn't been much of an issue with other products. I also don't find it lasts very long. If this was a drug store brand that cost $10 then maybe I would but its $30 in canada.

I find other drug store products to work just as well if not better than this therefore, I don't want to spend $30 on something if I can get better quality for much cheaper.