MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.5

Doesn't live up to the hype. Goes patchy, oxidises and rubs off easily. Looks Cakey and the lack of pump on the bottle annoys me. I hate wasting make up so I'll consider using the bottle on nights out in the dark where it only needs to last a few hours and nobody can see me close up.
I used a good primer and setting powder so I don't know why it was so terrible on my skin.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

👎
Ok girls, so my skin is combo, dehydrated and sensitive. And to make it short, I hated this. First, I don't think the colour blends well. I tried different shades and couldn't find one that looks natural. Nw20 was the closest (I'm neutral) but still looks like I'm heavily madeup even if I only use a drop of the stuff.

I didn't like it bc
- It's really thick
- Coverage is higher than I wanted (I prefer to go for medium coverage)
- I couldn't find a shade that looks natural on me
- BREAKS me out bad!!!!!! (And my skin isn't even acne prone). Whenever I use the next day I get huge whiteheads that take forever to go away.
- Not a fan of the smell

Having said this, I got it bc a friend of mine uses it and she's delighted. Her skin type is normal/dry and it hasn't broken her out and it looks really natural on her. So... idk what to say. But I'm passing this on to her bc my skin doesn't like it.

I had high expectations for this foundation and they were definitely not met, but let's start with the positives. The colour is almost perfect which is hard to find when you're quite fair skinned, It has spf 15 which is a bonus and it managed to keep my oily t-zone in check. Now on to the negatives, the packaging is bland and you have to buy a separate pump for it which for the price it should come with a gold one, the product doesn't like to come out easily but maybe that's just my bottle, and the coverage while full it wears off within 6 hours. Overall for the price I would not buy again but it's also not the worst foundation I've used.

My go to foundation!

This is my second bottle after I ran out of the last one a year ago. I bought but never finished about 5 foundations in the meantime and I just had to get back to this one. Great foundation, it does what is says and has an impressive colour range. NC15 matches my skin colour beautifully. I do have to moisturise my skin very well and I need a primer to keep the foundation in place, but after setting it with a powder, this foundation isn't going anywhere. A tip received from a beauty blogger is to use a tiny bit of translucent powder on top of the primer, underneath the foundations. It works wonders and keeps my skin matte for a good 12 hours. I use a wet beauty blender so the foundation is a little less thick on my skin and it blends wonderfully.

Though I read some of you saying that it causes break outs, it's not what I experienced. I have a very oily T zone with huge pores that tend to clog, but I haven't encountered a pimple other than on the usual spots. Because of the foundation's thickness, it does need proper cleaning after using it (which is why I use cleaning wipes, miccelar water AND washing it afterwards).

1 lippy less because you have to buy the pump separately. That's about the only ridiculous thing about this MAC foundation.

For the longest time Mac didn't have a foundation light enough for my skin. I stopped at a Mac Counter about a month ago for some lipstick, and saw a foundation on their shelf that looked really similar to the foundation I normally wear. I asked to try it on, and it matched perfectly! It was NC10. Normally I don't like matte foundations, but I do tend to get a bit oily during the summer so I decided to give this foundation a go. It was on sale too!

Now I am someone who has pretty clear skin, except for redness and the occasional closed comedone. I never get active breakouts, and I have yet to find a product that causes me to break out. Holy crap, this foundation. I look like I'm going through puberty again. I have tons of pimples all over my face, which I now have to figure out quickly how to get rid of them because my wedding is in a month.

I also hate the smell of this foundation, it smells like chemicals! It's also really cakey and caused my skin to look dull and aged.

I will never purchase this foundation again!

ACNE:
I read lots of reviews saying that this foundation would break me out especially because I have acne-prone skin and it gets easily irritated. I am on my 4th day of using it and my acne is just the same as it always was if not better (but that is because I am using the body shop tea tree oil line which has cleared me a lot). Another plus to this foundation is that there is SPF15 and SPF is supposed to be great when protecting acne and avoiding scarring. I put this on around 6am and take it off around 12 hours later and remains good all day. YOU MUST REMOVE FOUNDATION PROPERLY OR YOU WILL BREAK OUT. I remove with a cetaphil wipe and then wash my face, use a toner, moisturize, and then put tea tree oil treatment on after.

PACKAGING:
The glass bottle is inconvenient for traveling and you need to pay separately for the foundation pump. It is also pretty pricey but works well so I can overlook that.

I used this years ago and I liked the finish . It's very concentrated so start off with a bit. I like that it gives that perfected look. If I were to try it again I'd like to see if they have a more neutral shade NC is too yellow NW is ok on me.

This foundation stays on my skin no more than 3 hours and i don't have oily skin.it feels very heavy on the skin.

I really love the consistency of this foundation and the way it feels on my skin. It has great coverage and builds up well. I really like it as it is one of the few foundations that won't break me out. However, I find it extremely hard to match a MAC foundation to my skin. They are all either too yellow or too pink for my skin and I find it very frustrating.