MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.5

For the longest time Mac didn't have a foundation light enough for my skin. I stopped at a Mac Counter about a month ago for some lipstick, and saw a foundation on their shelf that looked really similar to the foundation I normally wear. I asked to try it on, and it matched perfectly! It was NC10. Normally I don't like matte foundations, but I do tend to get a bit oily during the summer so I decided to give this foundation a go. It was on sale too!

Now I am someone who has pretty clear skin, except for redness and the occasional closed comedone. I never get active breakouts, and I have yet to find a product that causes me to break out. Holy crap, this foundation. I look like I'm going through puberty again. I have tons of pimples all over my face, which I now have to figure out quickly how to get rid of them because my wedding is in a month.

I also hate the smell of this foundation, it smells like chemicals! It's also really cakey and caused my skin to look dull and aged.

I will never purchase this foundation again!

ACNE:
I read lots of reviews saying that this foundation would break me out especially because I have acne-prone skin and it gets easily irritated. I am on my 4th day of using it and my acne is just the same as it always was if not better (but that is because I am using the body shop tea tree oil line which has cleared me a lot). Another plus to this foundation is that there is SPF15 and SPF is supposed to be great when protecting acne and avoiding scarring. I put this on around 6am and take it off around 12 hours later and remains good all day. YOU MUST REMOVE FOUNDATION PROPERLY OR YOU WILL BREAK OUT. I remove with a cetaphil wipe and then wash my face, use a toner, moisturize, and then put tea tree oil treatment on after.

PACKAGING:
The glass bottle is inconvenient for traveling and you need to pay separately for the foundation pump. It is also pretty pricey but works well so I can overlook that.

I used this years ago and I liked the finish . It's very concentrated so start off with a bit. I like that it gives that perfected look. If I were to try it again I'd like to see if they have a more neutral shade NC is too yellow NW is ok on me.

This foundation stays on my skin no more than 3 hours and i don't have oily skin.it feels very heavy on the skin.

I really love the consistency of this foundation and the way it feels on my skin. It has great coverage and builds up well. I really like it as it is one of the few foundations that won't break me out. However, I find it extremely hard to match a MAC foundation to my skin. They are all either too yellow or too pink for my skin and I find it very frustrating.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used to wear this foundation a lot but then dewy foundations became more popular and that's what I've alwAys gone for since.
I bought it recently for makeup artist kit and decided to try it a few times to familiarize myself with this product and I hate it. It has so many good reviews on here but I find for my skin which can be a bit dry it emphasizes those areas even when used with a primer and feels very cakey. My skin also breaks out so bad after using it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this foundation in the shade NC42. I have a south Asian skin tone and combination skin. I have uneven skin tone and acne scars as well as dark circles. I like to have a foundation that I can put on in 5 min before work without having to spend too much time on it. I'm udually in a rush with the school run etc.

I'm happy to say I found this really easy to wear and the colour matched my skin perfectly. The warm under tones made me glow. I always have trouble finding the correct shade but MAC never let's me down. I have also had MAC studio Sculpt and MAC Matchmaster in No5. I felt studio sculpt made me shiny and match master would only work well when I had a perfect base and took time.

This foundation was not drying and blended really well. It's buildable coverage. It gives a pretty smooth finish. The only thing I didn't really like is that it didn't have a pump, so I felt that more product was released than what was needed so it was wasted. I did buy a separate pump so it wasn't too bad after that.

Overall a a good buy!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm a fan of this foundation. I have this in the shade NC45, and I never have purchased the pump that is sold separately for this because I honestly can't be bothered. I apply this with a beauty blender, and it provides me with medium coverage. I tend to mix it with L'Oreal's True Match (Creme Cafe) foundation so I can get a better colour match. After application, my skin looks immaculate. I may have to go in afterwards with concealer to cover my acne scarring, but it's very little. My only issue with this is, if I don't use a good primer with this, my T-Zone gets hella shiny after a few hours. However, I've been using this since I was 17, and it has always been one of my top choices.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

For the price, this is not something I will purchase again. I have combo skin and my T zone is super super oily at the end of the day with this foundation, in a way that hasn't been much of an issue with other products. I also don't find it lasts very long. If this was a drug store brand that cost $10 then maybe I would but its $30 in canada.

I find other drug store products to work just as well if not better than this therefore, I don't want to spend $30 on something if I can get better quality for much cheaper.

I feel like people either love or hate this foundation. Personally, I am really enjoying it. It's very smoothing and it glides onto my skin really nicely (for reference I pair it with a la base Lancome primer). It's also a high coverage foundation, which I appreciate because it means I don't have to add much concealer afterwards! It also stays put all day (however I do use a UD setting spray so maybe that plays a part in it). As for the whole oxidizing problem a lot of people talk about, I haven't found that personally.
I also like this foundation because it does give a glow but it's not too greasy and tacky like some glowy foundations, which is good because my skin does get oily throughout the day.
All in all, I really like it and would recommend for all skin types really!
The worst part about this product has to be the packaging, an absolute nightmare to get it out with no pump due to the thick consistency, other that, all good!