MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.5

I decided to go for this foundation after reading the good reviews and having only bought drugstore foundation in the past, I decided to invest in a better quality foundation. After trying a sample, I was pleased with my result so I decided to buy one. However, the more I used it the less I liked it. It doesn't cover up my blemishes, it clings to dry patches and gets oily very quickly. It oxidises and doesn't last very long. Will not be buying again.

Okay so honestly... I love this. I realize that MAC was the "It Girl" brand on YouTube back in the 2007-2012 days and a lot of people have moved onto other trendy makeup companies chasing the latest fads. But recently I decided to revisit good 'ol MAC and pick up a few of the cult classics. The artist at the MAC store matched me to the new shade NC10 which blended seamlessly into my porcelain skin. I am so thrilled that MAC created this beautiful pale shade that does not lean pink nor yellowy even though its an NC shade its one of the most neutral PPP shades I've ever come across. Nars Siberia is a little too yellow, KVD #41 is ghostly white with a pinky undertone, ELDW 1N1 Ivory Nude is a hair too dark etc... you get the point. Pale girls know that there is always something a little off about so many ivory shades on the market.

Studio Fix Fluid is a medium to full coverage foundation with a thick liquid consistency and a glamorous matte finish. The bottle doesn't come with a pump which is annoying but what else is new I guess. This foundation has a very skin-perfecting finish it makes you look like an airbrushed doll. I find its one of the few foundations that doesn't require a primer underneath but you do want to make sure you moisturize. The MAC artist explained that this foundation contains powder particles which makes it long lasting and lends to the beautiful finish that looks amazing in photographs. I have a combo/dry skin type and I prefer not to set my entire face with powder during the winter otherwise it looks too matte and chalky especially since I'm so pale.
Studio Fix Fluid lasts beautifully on the skin but I wouldn't say its one of those transfer-resistant, sweat-resistant, hurricane-resistant, tsunami-resistant foundations. There are days in my life where I need 6-8 hours of solid wear but not necessarily ultra concrete type of wear like ELDW. I don't always need my makeup to last 12+ hours on my face. I think this foundation is worth another try for people who want that flawless base and I love the fact its less expensive than other high-end brands.

EDIT: I still like this foundation and continue to use it regularly. However, I have noticed something peculiar. I bought another bottle in NC15 to mix in with the NC10 I already had. After a few weeks of having the bottle of NC15 it seems like the makeup in the bottle has oxidized and gone a little orangey, When I swatched the foundation on my hand it wasn't the fair golden shade I had purchased from the MAC counter. It has now changed color and is unwearable for me even if I mix it with NC10. I remember having the same thing happen to me last summer when I bought it in NC20 to match my fake tan and the shade was perfect --- after a month or so the foundation had gone darker and had an orange tint. What the hell is up with this?

This is my current favourite foundation but it does have some cons. The coverage is good, it doesn't accentuate my pores as much as other foundations, and it feels comfortable on the skin. I need to powder this though, or it looks shiny. When set this looks amazing, but you definitely will need to blot and powder through the day if you're oily. It doesn't crease or break up on me and it doesnt oxidise or have flashback. I unfortunately got a shade which is a bit light for me, but I find the shade range awesome and they're realistic shades (not ridiculously orange, pink or grey). I've heard of people breaking out from this foundation but that's never been a problem for me... it's pretty much as close to perfect as I can get.

This is the best foundation I've found so far. it has heavy yet natural-looking coverage (once it sets) that lasts for most of the day. I usually have trouble finding a foundation that is light enough for my skin and doesn't make it look orange but this foundation fits the bill (my shade is NW10, the lightest one). However, this foundation does dry out my skin some so I have to be very diligent about moisturizing before and after wearing it. I would also prefer if it had a pump.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

NEW HOLY GRAIL. I'm a MAC loving girl and I've used the lipsticks but I'm sad I didn't discover this sooner.

This gives you a completely even toned look, so glam, natural and model-like. Just gives the skin a really healthy, flawless effect, which photographs well too. It's matte in the best way imaginable...a natural, vibrant, non-flat kind of matte. And it doesn't oxidize - unbelievable!

Unlike a lot of other foundations, it actually lives up to all it claims. Gorgeous shade range. I'm so happy to have found my exact shade in this range (NC25). It's the closest to my skin tone I've found yet. Paired with my Shiseido Lacquer Gloss in Baby Doll, this creates such a healthy, natural, flawless look, exactly what I was looking for!

This is a classic!

I dig this foundation it last a long time. Good color selection. If you have dry skin like me make sure you moisturize and prime. I find the best way to apply it is with a sponge. The smells is kind of funky but it goes away also I wish it came with a pump but you can't win em all.

I am fair skinned with blong hair. I have some acne scars on the chick and this foundation covers it as long as my pores. It doesn't look heavy and doesn't need powder (I have combination skin and I get oily on the Tzone. I would reperchase it again.

Buildable coverage is a plus. But a verry Confusing shade range and I am Turned off by the smell. I could have liked this founation but I cant give it more than a 3 because of the smell. Its too much.

Oh mac. What am i going to do with u?
I have normal skin type and oily on my nose. I have a job that rarely lets me touch up. And i wear my foundation on adverage 10hours a day.

The climate i singapore is always humid. I put on this foundation and i didnt look like i had a good make up day for some reason. I powdered with rcma no color powder lightly. Over my face. Went about my day.

I notice after 6 hours my face actually looks shiny. Nothing a blot wont help. What bothers me is it settles in super fine lines all over my forehead.

And my pores. Omg. I never notice them like i did today. It was like theyre screaming at me "LOOK HERE!" I did applied this with a flat top kabuki brush. I shall give it another shot and this time with a beauty blender.

For now tho. I dont quite like it. Another disappointment from all the hype.

Recently i got my hand on mac studio fix fluid SPF15 NW18..i really like this foundation..it long last for all day its have matte finish medium coverage..i have a combination skin my T-Zone is oily and other part is normal.when i wear other foundation at the mid day my T-Zone looks so shiny beacause of oily T-Zone but when i use this foundation it looks all day matte.i really love this foundation how well it works on my skin..easy to blend,nice coverage,matte finish,long lasting...
i will repurchase this foundation <3 love love this