MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.5

Oh mac. What am i going to do with u?
I have normal skin type and oily on my nose. I have a job that rarely lets me touch up. And i wear my foundation on adverage 10hours a day.

The climate i singapore is always humid. I put on this foundation and i didnt look like i had a good make up day for some reason. I powdered with rcma no color powder lightly. Over my face. Went about my day.

I notice after 6 hours my face actually looks shiny. Nothing a blot wont help. What bothers me is it settles in super fine lines all over my forehead.

And my pores. Omg. I never notice them like i did today. It was like theyre screaming at me "LOOK HERE!" I did applied this with a flat top kabuki brush. I shall give it another shot and this time with a beauty blender.

For now tho. I dont quite like it. Another disappointment from all the hype.

Recently i got my hand on mac studio fix fluid SPF15 NW18..i really like this foundation..it long last for all day its have matte finish medium coverage..i have a combination skin my T-Zone is oily and other part is normal.when i wear other foundation at the mid day my T-Zone looks so shiny beacause of oily T-Zone but when i use this foundation it looks all day matte.i really love this foundation how well it works on my skin..easy to blend,nice coverage,matte finish,long lasting...
i will repurchase this foundation <3 love love this

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

MAC foundations get talked about a lot, but I have really disliked every one that I have tried, though none as much as Studio Fix Fluid. First of all, why does it have to smell SO BAD? I have never tried another foundation that is this stinky, even from cheap brands like Wet n Wild. I don't think it looked very nice on the skin either, but instead was cakey and unflattering. Like all MAC foundations, it oxidized so badly on me that I looked super freaking orange. I don't think it is worth the price or the hype, especially for fairer skin tones that want to avoid oxidization.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for about a year now and I always go back to it. I love the texture and the coverage. There's so many shades you are gaurenteed to find your match. However, it's not as that great during the summer heat. It tends to melt off and at the end of the day the only thing that stays put on my face is my concealer. I have oily skin so I would recommend this for fall-spring but not the summer time.

One of my holy grail foundations! NC10 is a perfect shade and SFF doesn't oxidize, which is a miracle for my combo/oily and very pale skin. The coverage is a solid medium but can be built up to almost full. I mix this with a BB cream to get a more natural, lighter coverage. I set with a translucent powder and All Nighter Spray, and my makeup lasts a good 10-12 hours. I wish it came with a pump (I mean, really MAC?) but the small, no nonsense packaging is great for a small bathroom.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I use NC50. You can use it on top of moisturizer for a less heavy look and for more coverage, apply thickly.

Doesn't live up to the hype. Goes patchy, oxidises and rubs off easily. Looks Cakey and the lack of pump on the bottle annoys me. I hate wasting make up so I'll consider using the bottle on nights out in the dark where it only needs to last a few hours and nobody can see me close up.
I used a good primer and setting powder so I don't know why it was so terrible on my skin.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

👎
Ok girls, so my skin is combo, dehydrated and sensitive. And to make it short, I hated this. First, I don't think the colour blends well. I tried different shades and couldn't find one that looks natural. Nw20 was the closest (I'm neutral) but still looks like I'm heavily madeup even if I only use a drop of the stuff.

I didn't like it bc
- It's really thick
- Coverage is higher than I wanted (I prefer to go for medium coverage)
- I couldn't find a shade that looks natural on me
- BREAKS me out bad!!!!!! (And my skin isn't even acne prone). Whenever I use the next day I get huge whiteheads that take forever to go away.
- Not a fan of the smell

Having said this, I got it bc a friend of mine uses it and she's delighted. Her skin type is normal/dry and it hasn't broken her out and it looks really natural on her. So... idk what to say. But I'm passing this on to her bc my skin doesn't like it.

I had high expectations for this foundation and they were definitely not met, but let's start with the positives. The colour is almost perfect which is hard to find when you're quite fair skinned, It has spf 15 which is a bonus and it managed to keep my oily t-zone in check. Now on to the negatives, the packaging is bland and you have to buy a separate pump for it which for the price it should come with a gold one, the product doesn't like to come out easily but maybe that's just my bottle, and the coverage while full it wears off within 6 hours. Overall for the price I would not buy again but it's also not the worst foundation I've used.