MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Normal

3.8

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have repurchased this product several times. It was my go-to foundation until I found more affordable drug store brands which perform just as good if not better. I still like it a lot but for now I have found other ones that I like more. It definitely applies well and NC45 matches me perfectly however I don't like the fact that it has no pump and I also don't really like that it has SPF seeing as though I wear it not just at day but also at night. I still recommend it for purchase if one is looking for a MAC foundation.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love this foundation. I wear the shade NC15 and it's a great match for my skin. I got colour matched by one of the artists at the counter, and I would definitely recommend getting matched the first time you buy this product. Studio Fix has a full coverage that doesn't look cakey at all. One layer provides excellent coverage in my opinion. I like to apply with my fingers, using approximately one and a half pumps and it covers my whole face perfectly. It has a matte finish and makes my skin look flawless. This foundation is transfer-proof and lasts all day. It does not fade or separate throughout the day and it does not make my skin oily. My skin is normal-dry and it doesn't dry out or irritate my skin at all. However, this foundation is not hydrating, nor does it claim to be. This foundation would most suitable for normal-oily skin, those with extremely dry skin may wish to try a more hydrating formula. I really like this foundation, it gives a flawless effect to the skin. It really is a classic. If you need a MAC foundation and have never used the brand before, this one is a great one to start off with. A+

Great Buildable coverage, I love the texture but sadly it does not go well with my skin it breaks me out horribly. :(

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

So Mac was my first "high end" foundation, back when I was 20 or so, and I was very underwhelmed. I was under the impression that "nc" meant "natural cool" and so I was quite displeased with the dark orange that "nc15" gave me. For years I went around telling people how much I hated Mac, and how badly it oxidizes and how their colors aren't light enough. Finally, my coworker (who also works as a MU at Mac) told me that "nc" basically means "not cool," and "nw" means "not warm." Way to be confusing, Mac! So upon her advice, I ordered "nw10" from the website and oh... My gosh. The perfect, starkly pale pink-toned full coverage foundation I always wanted (and needed, to match my neck) does exist! This did not turn orange, and I have NO PORES with this stuff. I've been using lorac's Np1 for years, and I loved everything about it except for the sheer-medium coverage. I like my skin to look really even and smooth (don't we all) and because I have facial redness, nothing ever quite covered and matched at the same time. Plus, at the end of the day, my LORAC foundation gave me major shine around the nose, and cracking around the mouth, but with Mac, my foundation looks as flawless now, as it did when I put it on 12 hours ago. I'm so happy, now. I believe in Mac again!

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Felt very heavy on my face all day..made my face look oily..did not like it

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is definitely among my favourite foundations. I'm in the shade NC 35 in the summer and NC 30 in the winter.

Pros:
- Great colour range
- Long lasting
- Medium build-able coverage
- Suits mature skin (my mother loves it)

Cons:
- A bit pricey
- Tends to oxidise (nothing that can't be fixed with some powder)
- No pump (a separate one could be bought)

I moisturise, put on primer and wait for it to set. Then, I apply this foundation with a foundation brush and tap it into my skin. I apply my Pro Long-wear concealer and set everything with MAC's sheer pressed powder. Then, I apply MAC's hydrating mist on top which takes about a minute to dry. It gives me the most gorgeous, luminous look ever. On my third bottle currently.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'll keep this short and to the point, purchased this foundation twice in two different shades. When I purchased SFF I wanted a flawless face, and to some degree it gave me that. This foundation was amazing for going out at night. It gave me an airbrushed finish and it was my go to clubbing foundation. During the daytime and in direct sunlight it looked really fake, I looked like I had really thick makeup on. I finished one bottle and am working on the second bottle, after that I will not repurchase. I since then have tried other foundations that offer full coverage and do not look so thick, I think it all comes down to personal preference. If you're looking for a natural looking foundation I wouldn't recommend this however if you want/need a lot of coverage then I would say ask for a sample before purchasing the full size. Also I found that this foundation oxidized and ran very orange, never found a perfect color match. I have olive skin if that helps!

Long story short:
Not happy with it because it was too thick and cakey looking plus oxidized and ran too orange for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation is very thick and cakey so it should stay on a lot longer than it actually does. I found that after a few hours it would start to go patchy and sink into dry patches on my skin even when i had applied primer and setting powder. The shade was also completely off, i was matched to NW25 in the mac store and it made me far too orange looking!! My skin tone is more of a neutral and i prefer to wear cool toned makeup as i self tan, i told the mac worker this but she said the NW25 was perfect. Ive now realised that i should have been matched to NC20/25 but even with the right shade i would not purchase this foundation again, it only lasted me around 3 months which i would not expect from a high end brand, i have many foundations from drugstore that last much longer. Also it completely broke me out, the thick cakey consistency of the product completely blocks the pores and is very hard to remove. Lastly, the bottle does not contain a pump, meaning it is very difficult and messy to get the product out and then its difficult to get the remaining liquid out when the product is nearly finished which is a complete waste

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am NW20 and I find this is a good match to my skin tone. Overall I like this product and it lasts most of the day even though I tend to touch my face quite a bit during the day when I'm at work so I find it wears off around my chin area but that's probably my fault. I do feel like this product could potentially be a bit heavy on someone with oily skin. My skin in normal but I find it can feel a bit heavy, but that's probably what you expect from a medium to full coverage makeup. Even though it's matte I always like setting with a setting powder or a mineral powder or bronzer to give me a bit darker colour. This product is buildable so you can put more on and it will give you a full coverage without looking overdone. Although this product is good quality it is on the pricey side so I would be inclined to try some cheaper ones before re-purchasing. The packaging is good but annoying that you have to buy the pump separately...Overall it's a very decent product and I would recommend.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation makes me look absolutely flawless. I'm truly an NC25 so this is the only foundation that matches me spot on. It lasts all day and all night. Of course this is cakey. When you wear this, you're wearing makeup - there's no doubt there. I usually don't set it with any powder because I have normal skin but I'm not sure how good this foundation is at oil control. I don't mind the scent surprisingly but I do notice that it clogs pores if I wear it for a week straight