MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Normal

3.8

I'm on the fence about this foundation..it has a painty smell to it when applying but it doesn't linger and it's rather thick. What I like about it is, it doesn't oxidize, not cakey (at least on me) and it lasts all day so I don't have to worry about it fading or coming off. I bought the NC 10 and I'm afraid it's too light, maybe if I repurchase I will try a slightly darker shade and be more satisfied.

I love this foundation. It's a perfect match on my skin. No breakouts, no oxidizing. I deliver out of a hot truck all day, and my skin feels soft and silky at the end of the day. I know this one is a hit or miss for people, definitely a hit for me. I'll be 57 next month, and have fairly normal (albeit slightly wrinkly) skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product, when I use it at night and I know I'll be out for hours I use the product as it is. During day time wear I moisturize my face with rose gold elixir and it lightens my complexion and skin texture. It is heavy makeup so deep removal once it's not needed is a must. If you don't clean it properly you might get irritation, but that's almost all makeup products. I go workout and sweat and I still have my face perfectly covered.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have repurchased this product several times. It was my go-to foundation until I found more affordable drug store brands which perform just as good if not better. I still like it a lot but for now I have found other ones that I like more. It definitely applies well and NC45 matches me perfectly however I don't like the fact that it has no pump and I also don't really like that it has SPF seeing as though I wear it not just at day but also at night. I still recommend it for purchase if one is looking for a MAC foundation.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love this foundation. I wear the shade NC15 and it's a great match for my skin. I got colour matched by one of the artists at the counter, and I would definitely recommend getting matched the first time you buy this product. Studio Fix has a full coverage that doesn't look cakey at all. One layer provides excellent coverage in my opinion. I like to apply with my fingers, using approximately one and a half pumps and it covers my whole face perfectly. It has a matte finish and makes my skin look flawless. This foundation is transfer-proof and lasts all day. It does not fade or separate throughout the day and it does not make my skin oily. My skin is normal-dry and it doesn't dry out or irritate my skin at all. However, this foundation is not hydrating, nor does it claim to be. This foundation would most suitable for normal-oily skin, those with extremely dry skin may wish to try a more hydrating formula. I really like this foundation, it gives a flawless effect to the skin. It really is a classic. If you need a MAC foundation and have never used the brand before, this one is a great one to start off with. A+

Great Buildable coverage, I love the texture but sadly it does not go well with my skin it breaks me out horribly. :(

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

So Mac was my first "high end" foundation, back when I was 20 or so, and I was very underwhelmed. I was under the impression that "nc" meant "natural cool" and so I was quite displeased with the dark orange that "nc15" gave me. For years I went around telling people how much I hated Mac, and how badly it oxidizes and how their colors aren't light enough. Finally, my coworker (who also works as a MU at Mac) told me that "nc" basically means "not cool," and "nw" means "not warm." Way to be confusing, Mac! So upon her advice, I ordered "nw10" from the website and oh... My gosh. The perfect, starkly pale pink-toned full coverage foundation I always wanted (and needed, to match my neck) does exist! This did not turn orange, and I have NO PORES with this stuff. I've been using lorac's Np1 for years, and I loved everything about it except for the sheer-medium coverage. I like my skin to look really even and smooth (don't we all) and because I have facial redness, nothing ever quite covered and matched at the same time. Plus, at the end of the day, my LORAC foundation gave me major shine around the nose, and cracking around the mouth, but with Mac, my foundation looks as flawless now, as it did when I put it on 12 hours ago. I'm so happy, now. I believe in Mac again!

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Felt very heavy on my face all day..made my face look oily..did not like it

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is definitely among my favourite foundations. I'm in the shade NC 35 in the summer and NC 30 in the winter.

Pros:
- Great colour range
- Long lasting
- Medium build-able coverage
- Suits mature skin (my mother loves it)

Cons:
- A bit pricey
- Tends to oxidise (nothing that can't be fixed with some powder)
- No pump (a separate one could be bought)

I moisturise, put on primer and wait for it to set. Then, I apply this foundation with a foundation brush and tap it into my skin. I apply my Pro Long-wear concealer and set everything with MAC's sheer pressed powder. Then, I apply MAC's hydrating mist on top which takes about a minute to dry. It gives me the most gorgeous, luminous look ever. On my third bottle currently.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'll keep this short and to the point, purchased this foundation twice in two different shades. When I purchased SFF I wanted a flawless face, and to some degree it gave me that. This foundation was amazing for going out at night. It gave me an airbrushed finish and it was my go to clubbing foundation. During the daytime and in direct sunlight it looked really fake, I looked like I had really thick makeup on. I finished one bottle and am working on the second bottle, after that I will not repurchase. I since then have tried other foundations that offer full coverage and do not look so thick, I think it all comes down to personal preference. If you're looking for a natural looking foundation I wouldn't recommend this however if you want/need a lot of coverage then I would say ask for a sample before purchasing the full size. Also I found that this foundation oxidized and ran very orange, never found a perfect color match. I have olive skin if that helps!

Long story short:
Not happy with it because it was too thick and cakey looking plus oxidized and ran too orange for me.