MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Dry

3.5

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is my go to high coverage foundation when I want to look flawless. It photographs well and is long lasting. I don't like using this as an everyday foundation because I find it a bit heavy feeling. Blends well. I prefer using a stippling brush for that airbrush finish. I can't wear it for more than 2 days straight or I'll start to break out. I was matched to NC40.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best foundation I've tried. It's matte, does not oxidise and has excellent lasting power (when powdered correctly). There is a good shade range but many shades do run a bit orange. I personally mix a couple of shades for my perfect match.

This is matte but does not make me look dead like estee lauder double wear. Its light and does not feel or look heavy or cakey. You can apply less for a natural look or more for high coverage.

Overall, a great foundation

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is one of the weirdest foundations ever. I have been using this because it's in my project pan and I have completely used it up. I use a beauty sponge and it applies medium coverage (but it's buildable). It is one of those foundations where the primer must work well with it - I have found that silicone primers work best with this. The reason for this is because the foundation is slightly drying. At the end of the day, some of my foundation has faded and my face, in general, looks dry and crusty. If I use a mattifying primer with this, it will just be worse.

The price point for this isn't bad and I would suggest that you wear this on shorter/low-key days.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like to keep this in my stash but it wouldn't be my 'go-to' choice.

The product itself comes in quite elegant packaging, nice glass bottle but with a pump sold separate. In fact, I had bought this online only to realise I needed the pump so I had to go to the MAC store anyway and fork out €5 for a piece of plastic. Ridiculous really considering I paid €32 for this. One could argue that you don't 'need' the pump, but trust me.. it gets messy without it.

On the plus side, the coverage is good: it gives medium, buildable coverage, which I find perfectly suitable for most days, and it’s also fairly matte, so it helps combat my oily areas. As a very pale person, I picked up NW10 which was a decent enough colour match, if not a little bit too pink toned.

As for the negatives, there is a couple that comes to mind. First and foremost is that Studio Fix is not very forgiving when it comes to dry patches on my skin which isn't ideal because I have combination skin prone to dehydration. And secondly, the formula is not as blendable as it markets itself to be. There's also a slightly chemical smell, but that doesn't bother me too much.

Final thoughts wise, although I do like it, it’s not quite ‘Holy Grail’ material for me. Once I’ve used it up, I’ll probably try something else. I wouldn’t rule out going back to it in future, though, if only because it’s one of the few foundations out there that actually is pale enough for my skin.

LOVE IT .....TRIED EVERYTHING LOVE IT ..MAC IS TRIED AND TRUE BEAUTY

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Pros
Good coverage
Smooth finish
Easy to blend
Cons
BROKE ME OUT !!!
Thick

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh my lord this foundation. No. just no. Luckily I just got a sample of NC 25 my tried and true color and put it on before going to see the Warriors play in Oakland. Anyways I put it on and it was completely ORANGE. It looked awful. Maybe it had oxidized while on display. I dunno but the finish looked heavy and it was orange. Ugh so ugly. I'll stick to my water weight or Mac mineralize when using a Mac foundation.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this foundation! I bought it after my friend recommended it to me in Mac, and decided to buy it as I've been looking for a new one. When I got home and read the reviews I was a bit skeptical to try it, but I was pleasantly surprised! Covers my redness really well, nice finish and lasts all day (looked just as good after a hot 8 hour shift at work as when I put it on). I applied it with a beauty blender, set with Mac Skinfinish and Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray. I have pretty dry skin, so I applied some Mac Strobe Cream before putting on my makeup and it looked great. Overall, I'm very happy with this foundation and $32.00 is not too bad for high end. Will repurchase! (Just wish it had a pump)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Decent product. Doesn't feel good enough on my face to ever repurchase. The SPF and ingredients are great but it just dried my face out a bit and coverage wasn't all there. Just a 3/5 star product to me.

Looks great and lasts great but can be a bit drying if you tend to get dry in the winter.