MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry

3.3

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really want to like this product, but there are so many things that just don't work out for me. First off, the packaging is awful - I had to pay $10 for a separate pump that could've easily been worked into the product. The color match is also a bit of a problem. I am a NC20 in the prolong wear foundation (which is my perfect match), but NC20 in this range is at least a shade darker and made me look ridiculously yellow.

It's advertised as a full-coverage foundation, but I think its more of a fuller medium. It doesn't quite cover much of the redness I have on my cheeks which requires additional full coverage concealer. This also isn't that amazing against oil. It'll last, but the oil will still peak through at around the 6 hour mark and the foundation around my nose will start breaking down.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my favourite foundations, and THE only full-coverage foundation I have ever liked because I have dry skin and anything else is too cakey.
This is silky smooth but covers well.
And I have a sort of neutral olive skin so I can either wear nc or nw. (Nc40 or nw25).
Mac is the best for olive skin colors.

It just has a silky flawless finish and it is honestly the ONLY full-coverage foundation I will wear. (Others are too cakey).
At times if I want a more dewy look I will mix it with mineralize liquid or strobe cream
And I apply it either with beauty blender sponge or the 190 or 196 mac brush.
This is a classic and I loved it from the moment I tried it on. However it should come with a pump rather than me having to buy one for it!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my usual day to day foundation, I've repurchased for years albeit in various different shades as the sales consultants mis-matched me a lot!
This is full coverage and can look and feel quite cakey. I use NC15 which is the lightest shade available in my country, but even this is too dark. Warning, it oxidises like mad, atleast on me it does anyway.
I've started mixing mine with mac strobe cream recently to make it more dewy and less cakey looking which seems to work a treat.
I really like the coverage which is why I continue to purchase and it does seem to last me a fair amount of time for the price.
Be aware it has SPF in it, therefore tends to leave a white cast on photos.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have great difficulty finding foundations that match my skintone, as I am very pale and have definite pink undertones, so anything even slightly yellow makes me look terrible. I am NW10 in this foundation and it is a perfect match - the most perfect match I've ever found!

This product is good for my very dry, eczema-prone skin once I add a drop of face oil and mix it in on my hand. It seems to sit very kindly on my face, staying a little bit moist throughout the day rather than drying down completely flat. It gives a nice subtle glow to my skin, too. You do feel it on your face, so if you're looking for something that doesn't feel like foundation, then you won't find it here. It doesn't feel like a mask, but you can definitely tell that there's something on your face.

It lasts a decent amount of time, although it can start to separate on my upper lip after awhile, which is where I get very dry and some eczema.

The only thing that I hate is the smell. It's very chemical and strong, and even though I don't have sensitive skin, it isn't that pleasant.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Nice packaging but smells like paint. This was one of the first foundations I ever tried and I'd never even be tempted to repurchase. It clings to dry patches that I never even knew existed!!!! The colour of the foundation was matched to my skin tone in the store by a Mac professional yet after a couple of days when I tried it on at home it was far too yellow for my complexion. I find this a highly over hyped and priced foundation. If your skin is dry like mine don't bother with this foundation, try Mac's face and body or chanel's perfection lumiere for more coverage.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The coverage of this product is AMAZING! It is a heavy full coverage which is perfect if you're wanting every blemish covered and to have a flawless airbrushed look. The duration is which this foundation lasts is also great, I have forgotten to take my make up off by accident after a night out and woke up with my foundation still in place as it was!! You can't say that for many foundations...

It comes in a glass bottle which is great quality however I had to pay an extra 4 just for a pump!!

The foundation does feel heavy n the skin and is quite thick in consistency, I feel like you have to work quick with it although it is blendable - i've always found using a stippler brush works best. It also smells a bit like paint which is sometimes offputting.

However the reason I would not purchase this again sadly is due to how it made my skin after use. I suffer from dry skin. I ALWAYS use moisturizer and then a hydration primer and a few days after wearing this foundation it made my skin go patchy, blemishy and have big dry flakes that it took me 3 days to get rid off. With continued use it began to sit in my pores and cling to every bit of dry skin I had. I've had to discontinue use of it :(
But I do feel if your skins much more on the oily side then to go with this foundation as it is really good just not for my skin type!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

SPECIAL NOTES: I am SUPER fair. I also have extremely dry skin.
NC10, hallelujah, a shade pale enough for me!!!

PROS: I recommend this product if you are pale. I think it's a good foundation in general, but for me the fact that it is the only foundation I've ever found that is pale enough seals the deal. It's not drying (but not overly moisturizing). Wear time is really good, and it doesn't do anything weird as it wears off. It doesn't oxidize, which is very important for me. Coverage is great- it applies easily to medium coverage and builds to full (but it takes a little caution, it's easy to put a little too much and then it'll look caked on). It's expensive, but not ridiculously so. I haven't had any issues with it exaggerating dry spots. It has SPF!

CONS: It really does smell like paint, fairly strongly, when you're first applying it-but that smell dissipates quickly. They make you buy the pump separately, for like $10 or $15, which is obnoxious. There's a fine line between the right amount and too much, and applying too much definitely looks cakey and thick.

HOW I USE:
To make this product work for extremely dry skin, I've developed a system. Every night after I wash my face I apply a layer of Aquaphor (seriously, every night, that's how dry I am), AND I sleep with a humidifier by my bed - GlamLifeGuru taught me that trick and it is magic. In the morning I apply a thin layer of a moisturizer (though not Aquaphor, anything that thick will interfere with the foundation setting as it should, and the makeup will come off onto everything throughout the day. Use something thin!). I then put on a thin layer of my Neutrogena SPF 80 for face (super fair, protecting myself even though the foundation has SPF 15). After those moisturizing items have dried a bit, I smooth on some Monistat Anti Chafing Powder Gel (a primer dupe that I have reviewed before! I recommend!). I then use a dampened Beauty Blender to apply. APPLIES LIKE A DREAM WITH THE BEAUTY BLENDER. The RealTechniques sponge also works, but the Beauty Blender is hands down the better tool to get a flawless finish with this foundation. With the BB I use about 1.5 pumps to cover my whole face. I like to wait until the foundation has fully set before dusting it (sparingly) with a powder (I use the NYX Radiant Finishing Powder in the brightening version) because otherwise the powder sticks a little too well and it can look thicker.

WARNINGS/TIPS:
I've found that it's easy to apply too much under the eyes, so I definitely recommend using a true concealer to do that job, even though it's tempting since the coverage of the foundation is so good. If you're super pale like me, the NYX HD green concealer works wonders to cancel out the purple spots under my eyes and then a normal thin layer of foundation does the rest of the work, eliminating the need for me to somehow find a concealer that light.

I really suggest using this formulation with the Beauty Blender. If you don't have a BB, then try the RealTechniques sponge, and if not try using your fingers. If you insist on using a brush, try stippling it on and then wait until it dries and THEN buff it with a flat top brush to eliminate streaking.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a wonderful foundation and my favourite one. This is a medium coverage and lasts 12+ hours and looks flawless. I have very dry skin and like all foundations I moisturise and prime and it glides on beautifully

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a beautiful foundation with medium to full coverage, it doesn't claim to be long-lasting but I just set it with pressed powder then I'm good to go. It is cheaper than other high-end foundations ($27). It comes in a wide variety of shades for all skin tones with different undertones which is always a good a thing. I do hate the fact that the pump is sold separately. If you want a really good high-end foundation with great coverage then this is what you're looking for :)

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have very dry skin and so I am only able to use this foundation if I have prepared my face beforehand. I need to use a natural face scrub to get rid of as many dry patches as possible, use a ton of moisturizer and use a good quality primer. Sometimes I have to use a honey face mask too. If I was to apply this foundation without following the above routine I find it clings to every dry patch I have and makes my skin look disgusting. I therefore don't particularly recommend this foundation for those with very dry skin, but it is possible to make the foundation work. This product also feels very heavy on the skin and although it does not break me out my skin actually feels tired if I wear this foundation days in a row. Due to this fact I do not use this foundation on an everyday basis.

However, I adore the finish this foundation gives when applied properly. It makes my face look flawless and gives a better coverage than my other high-end foundations. When I have an important event I always find myself using this foundation and IMO the lasting power is superb.