MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Other

3.7

I like this foundation...but I couldn't find the right shade. There's a HUGE gap between NC 15 and NC 20 and I happen to fall into this gap. Don't know why MAC hasn't done anything about this, like make NC 17. I got sick of mixing 15 and 20 so I stopped using this foundation. It's beautiful though, full coverage, easy to blend, relatively long wearing, shame about the shade range.

Edit: Stopped using this. Still find NC 20 to be way too yellow, even for my oriental skin tone. I'm now using Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra foundation in 01 beige albatre, which is lighter and less yellow.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to try a high end make up brand, so I decided to try the MAC Studio Fix Liquid Foundation after googling some pictures (should of googled the reviews beforehand aswell!)

Though it did smell like paint, I liked the coverage it gave me, however I did notice it can get a bit cakey if you over apply and made my skin feel like clay.
I also used the MAC Primer which is a great to keep your skin hydrated and I would recommend to use this primer if you choose to wear this foundation otherwise I could see it drying out your skin.

After three days of using this product my skin broke out like crazy, (never breaks out)
I'll rate this product 2 out of 5 based on my experience.

I think you'd be quiet lucky if your skin didn't break out while using this foundation and enjoyed the full coverage and don't mind a heavy feeling.

Nothing worse buying an expensive make up to realize after less than a week it doesn't suit your skin.

Love the feel of this foundation, not too thick and it doesn't run down your face. I also like how it gives you a tint of bronze color allowing me to use less bronzer powdeer.

For a while ive always thought that MAC foundation is very heavy and cakey until I tried it. For reference I am NC 20 (perfect match for me), Asian, and have combination/oily skin. I used this everyday to work since august 2014 and it holds well for about 8 - 9 hours with a primer (hourglass mineral veil primer). Surprisingly, I don't have to blot during midday as I usually do which is super good but that may be due to primer + moisturisers I use. Also, this foundation depends what type of brush you use. I find it works best with my tom ford cream foundation brush as it blends the foundation nicely and don't get that cakey heavy look. this may be my HG foundation! will def repurchase :)

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Before i'll always buy this product but it got pricey after awhile that's why i stopped buy it.
As right now this product i was a nc25 shade and i real like this product and it dose to the cover up but it gives my face a dewwy look but i kinda go for the matte look. i have oily face. this product for do good with oily face you;ll have to use a powder every hour.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first Mac product and I love it. I purchased it from the Mac store in Covent Garden and the workers there was so nice! I told them that my skin is oilly and I want a high coverage foundation. They also tested diffrent shades. My fouration is a perfect colour match and last all day (even in this sweaty weather) it is a good price as you only have to use a small amount for a high coverage. I only gave its overall rating of 4 because 1 or 2 of my spots broke through but it stopped my red patches perfectly.

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

this foundation gets a lot of negative reviews for such a popular product. i think people are just applying it incorrectly(unless you have acne then it is a justified reason for disliking it). its called "studio fix" for a reason its supposed to cover and make you look perfect. i personally apply the smallest amount, as i find its super blendable and spreads easily around the skin. and sometimes i even mix it with moisturizer and i then BUFF it in with my buffing brush or work it in with my beauty blender. if i am looking for a bit more coverage i re apply it to the problem areas and this makes it not cakey on me at all. i really enjoy the versatility and its staying power. i also i think with medium/full coverage foundations its important to get your correct shade. test it out with the makeup artist and then go outside and look before purchasing. when i bought mine the lady gave me an NW50 when I'm an NC50 (i looked at her with disgust). also if you really dislike it try it as a concealer!
the reason it didn't get 5 lipies is
1) it transfers -_-
2)no pump
3) its not as nice in the winter when my skins more of the normal type

This is the best foundation for a night out where you want to look flawless in photos. I used to use MUFE hd instead because it doesnt contain SPF, and i was skeptical of the fix fluid since it does contain SPF. I am an nc35 and in flash photography I didnt get a white cast over my face! It creates a medium- more towards full coverage that perfects your complexion. I would recommend purchasing a pump.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I enjoyed using this product for a very long time, the colour match was beyond perfect and I struggle being olive skinned. The only problem I had was that it became quite oily after a good 4-5 hours which wasn't reall a problem for nights out, but I like to have my make up look good for a full shift at work. I would find that by the endof the day if i had to itch my face the foundation would come off and leave me with patchy bits. Saying that through the foundation has great coverage and is very flawless, it's just not the bes tfor longevity,

Great product just wish there was a little more per in the bottle!

Be-careful with the bottles push down top, for some reason the push down gets stuck and can release the foundation, could have just been a lemon.