MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 56 & Over

3.7

I love this foundation. It's a perfect match on my skin. No breakouts, no oxidizing. I deliver out of a hot truck all day, and my skin feels soft and silky at the end of the day. I know this one is a hit or miss for people, definitely a hit for me. I'll be 57 next month, and have fairly normal (albeit slightly wrinkly) skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I had read so many good things about Studio Fix Fluid here and on YT videos. I got my usual NC20 color which is perfect for me in Mineralize liquid foundation, C1-N2 in Face & Body. I had wanted to try the matte look that's been popular this season. NC20 in Studio Fix Fluid was too yellow and too dark for me, and the finished texture was extremely dry, accentuated every line around the eyes. It does cover blemishes. This formula would seem to work best on young, oily skin. If you do get it, consider going lighter and more neutral than you think you'd need. Test on face near hairline before purchasing -- don't try to get the color right by using just hand or jawline. I'll stick with Mineralize liquid and F&B.

I really like this foundation. It glides on and gives you plenty of time to blend no matter what you use...brush, fingers, sponge. The coverage is flexible so that you can apply a little and still get nice coverage or go heavier for more coverage still without looking heavy. This product last all day and doesn't change color for me at all. It has a great natural finish.