MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.4

Okay so honestly... I love this. I realize that MAC was the "It Girl" brand on YouTube back in the 2007-2012 days and a lot of people have moved onto other trendy makeup companies chasing the latest fads. But recently I decided to revisit good 'ol MAC and pick up a few of the cult classics. The artist at the MAC store matched me to the new shade NC10 which blended seamlessly into my porcelain skin. I am so thrilled that MAC created this beautiful pale shade that does not lean pink nor yellowy even though its an NC shade its one of the most neutral PPP shades I've ever come across. Nars Siberia is a little too yellow, KVD #41 is ghostly white with a pinky undertone, ELDW 1N1 Ivory Nude is a hair too dark etc... you get the point. Pale girls know that there is always something a little off about so many ivory shades on the market.

Studio Fix Fluid is a medium to full coverage foundation with a thick liquid consistency and a glamorous matte finish. The bottle doesn't come with a pump which is annoying but what else is new I guess. This foundation has a very skin-perfecting finish it makes you look like an airbrushed doll. I find its one of the few foundations that doesn't require a primer underneath but you do want to make sure you moisturize. The MAC artist explained that this foundation contains powder particles which makes it long lasting and lends to the beautiful finish that looks amazing in photographs. I have a combo/dry skin type and I prefer not to set my entire face with powder during the winter otherwise it looks too matte and chalky especially since I'm so pale.
Studio Fix Fluid lasts beautifully on the skin but I wouldn't say its one of those transfer-resistant, sweat-resistant, hurricane-resistant, tsunami-resistant foundations. There are days in my life where I need 6-8 hours of solid wear but not necessarily ultra concrete type of wear like ELDW. I don't always need my makeup to last 12+ hours on my face. I think this foundation is worth another try for people who want that flawless base and I love the fact its less expensive than other high-end brands.

This is my current favourite foundation but it does have some cons. The coverage is good, it doesn't accentuate my pores as much as other foundations, and it feels comfortable on the skin. I need to powder this though, or it looks shiny. When set this looks amazing, but you definitely will need to blot and powder through the day if you're oily. It doesn't crease or break up on me and it doesnt oxidise or have flashback. I unfortunately got a shade which is a bit light for me, but I find the shade range awesome and they're realistic shades (not ridiculously orange, pink or grey). I've heard of people breaking out from this foundation but that's never been a problem for me... it's pretty much as close to perfect as I can get.

This is the best foundation I've found so far. it has heavy yet natural-looking coverage (once it sets) that lasts for most of the day. I usually have trouble finding a foundation that is light enough for my skin and doesn't make it look orange but this foundation fits the bill (my shade is NW10, the lightest one). However, this foundation does dry out my skin some so I have to be very diligent about moisturizing before and after wearing it. I would also prefer if it had a pump.

I dig this foundation it last a long time. Good color selection. If you have dry skin like me make sure you moisturize and prime. I find the best way to apply it is with a sponge. The smells is kind of funky but it goes away also I wish it came with a pump but you can't win em all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation for the night, it made my skin look like doll skin plus it stays all night. But I find it to be bit drying for my normal to dry skin so I have to wear two moisturizes plus primer underneath. Also if I wear it during the day it tends to get too dry and it doesn't look natural which is the look I love during the day. At night it can't be seen cause there is less light. So I only use it when I need extra coverage and for special events. If you love high coverage foundation that lasts long time and your skin is normal to oily this stuff is perfect. Color range is really good, it fits my really fair skin perfectly. I am NC 15. It lasted me for 2 years(I used it once or twice a week) so I think price is totally decent. I would buy it again cause sometimes heavy make up is needed.

I am fair skinned with blong hair. I have some acne scars on the chick and this foundation covers it as long as my pores. It doesn't look heavy and doesn't need powder (I have combination skin and I get oily on the Tzone. I would reperchase it again.

Pros:
Great coverage
Long wearing

Cons:
The colour range in the palest none really seemed to match me
Not great on dry skin at all

I'm on the fence about this foundation..it has a painty smell to it when applying but it doesn't linger and it's rather thick. What I like about it is, it doesn't oxidize, not cakey (at least on me) and it lasts all day so I don't have to worry about it fading or coming off. I bought the NC 10 and I'm afraid it's too light, maybe if I repurchase I will try a slightly darker shade and be more satisfied.

I love this foundation. It's a perfect match on my skin. No breakouts, no oxidizing. I deliver out of a hot truck all day, and my skin feels soft and silky at the end of the day. I know this one is a hit or miss for people, definitely a hit for me. I'll be 57 next month, and have fairly normal (albeit slightly wrinkly) skin.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

MAC foundations get talked about a lot, but I have really disliked every one that I have tried, though none as much as Studio Fix Fluid. First of all, why does it have to smell SO BAD? I have never tried another foundation that is this stinky, even from cheap brands like Wet n Wild. I don't think it looked very nice on the skin either, but instead was cakey and unflattering. Like all MAC foundations, it oxidized so badly on me that I looked super freaking orange. I don't think it is worth the price or the hype, especially for fairer skin tones that want to avoid oxidization.