MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.4

I dig this foundation it last a long time. Good color selection. If you have dry skin like me make sure you moisturize and prime. I find the best way to apply it is with a sponge. The smells is kind of funky but it goes away also I wish it came with a pump but you can't win em all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation for the night, it made my skin look like doll skin plus it stays all night. But I find it to be bit drying for my normal to dry skin so I have to wear two moisturizes plus primer underneath. Also if I wear it during the day it tends to get too dry and it doesn't look natural which is the look I love during the day. At night it can't be seen cause there is less light. So I only use it when I need extra coverage and for special events. If you love high coverage foundation that lasts long time and your skin is normal to oily this stuff is perfect. Color range is really good, it fits my really fair skin perfectly. I am NC 15. It lasted me for 2 years(I used it once or twice a week) so I think price is totally decent. I would buy it again cause sometimes heavy make up is needed.

I am fair skinned with blong hair. I have some acne scars on the chick and this foundation covers it as long as my pores. It doesn't look heavy and doesn't need powder (I have combination skin and I get oily on the Tzone. I would reperchase it again.

Pros:
Great coverage
Long wearing

Cons:
The colour range in the palest none really seemed to match me
Not great on dry skin at all

I'm on the fence about this foundation..it has a painty smell to it when applying but it doesn't linger and it's rather thick. What I like about it is, it doesn't oxidize, not cakey (at least on me) and it lasts all day so I don't have to worry about it fading or coming off. I bought the NC 10 and I'm afraid it's too light, maybe if I repurchase I will try a slightly darker shade and be more satisfied.

I love this foundation. It's a perfect match on my skin. No breakouts, no oxidizing. I deliver out of a hot truck all day, and my skin feels soft and silky at the end of the day. I know this one is a hit or miss for people, definitely a hit for me. I'll be 57 next month, and have fairly normal (albeit slightly wrinkly) skin.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

MAC foundations get talked about a lot, but I have really disliked every one that I have tried, though none as much as Studio Fix Fluid. First of all, why does it have to smell SO BAD? I have never tried another foundation that is this stinky, even from cheap brands like Wet n Wild. I don't think it looked very nice on the skin either, but instead was cakey and unflattering. Like all MAC foundations, it oxidized so badly on me that I looked super freaking orange. I don't think it is worth the price or the hype, especially for fairer skin tones that want to avoid oxidization.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

One of my holy grail foundations! NC10 is a perfect shade and SFF doesn't oxidize, which is a miracle for my combo/oily and very pale skin. The coverage is a solid medium but can be built up to almost full. I mix this with a BB cream to get a more natural, lighter coverage. I set with a translucent powder and All Nighter Spray, and my makeup lasts a good 10-12 hours. I wish it came with a pump (I mean, really MAC?) but the small, no nonsense packaging is great for a small bathroom.

ETA: Turns out this foundation DOES make me break out. Guess it's no longer my holy grail...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

First, let me say the fact that you have to buy the pump separately is ridiculous.

This is the first time I've gone in for a 'high end' foundation. I wanted something that was light enough for my skin with enough coverage to hid my shame. In terms of coverage I'd call it medium, and the shade NC10 is a perfect match for me. It does seem slightly patchy really close up, but from a normal distance it looks great and wears well (haven't tested it long haul yet).
Unfortunate con: It smells horrid so bear that in mind.

I tend to apply foundation with my fingers and then blend out with a damp sponge... not sure if this is the best method for this foundation so will have to experiment.