MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin tone : Other

3.4

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Possibly one of the worst foundations I've ever used. Coverage was way too light and did a terrible job at evening out skin tone, the smell was HORRID (smelt like bad chemicals) with the scent lingering all day. and the bottle design was not functional at all. It was such a struggle to get foundation out - either a lot would come out all at once, or none would come out at all. Definitely not worth the high price tag. Never again!

Love the feel of this foundation, not too thick and it doesn't run down your face. I also like how it gives you a tint of bronze color allowing me to use less bronzer powdeer.

Sooo i usuallly use the Mac face & body foundation, it's very natural looking. I do LOVE it but I wanted something with more coverage. So I bought the studio fix fluid in NC45. This foundation is a medium coverage with a matte finish. I personally love a dewy look so I just spray it with mineralize spray. It stays on for eveeer and it's definately worth the money. It has a weird smell to it but you won't smell it when applied. I wouldn't really use it as a daytime foundation. If you have oily or combination skin it's perfect!

For a while ive always thought that MAC foundation is very heavy and cakey until I tried it. For reference I am NC 20 (perfect match for me), Asian, and have combination/oily skin. I used this everyday to work since august 2014 and it holds well for about 8 - 9 hours with a primer (hourglass mineral veil primer). Surprisingly, I don't have to blot during midday as I usually do which is super good but that may be due to primer + moisturisers I use. Also, this foundation depends what type of brush you use. I find it works best with my tom ford cream foundation brush as it blends the foundation nicely and don't get that cakey heavy look. this may be my HG foundation! will def repurchase :)

Eh. This foundation is just so average to me. It covers okay, but I feel greasier than I do with others. & I feel like my pores are somewhat obvious. I'm just not impressed. In fact, I would rather wear almost every other foundation that I currently own. & it isn't dirt cheap either. In fact, writing this review has helped me come to my senses, & I think I shall return it...

This is the best foundation for a night out where you want to look flawless in photos. I used to use MUFE hd instead because it doesnt contain SPF, and i was skeptical of the fix fluid since it does contain SPF. I am an nc35 and in flash photography I didnt get a white cast over my face! It creates a medium- more towards full coverage that perfects your complexion. I would recommend purchasing a pump.

Great product just wish there was a little more per in the bottle!

Be-careful with the bottles push down top, for some reason the push down gets stuck and can release the foundation, could have just been a lemon.

When asked if I would buy this product again, I wish I could select maybe. I am seriously considering giving this product a second chance, as I think most of the problems I had with it the first time I tried it were due to an incorrect color-match, & my previous skin care routine. The shade I was matched with looked perfect in the Mac store, but when I tried it at home, it was awful. I'm no amateur when it comes to foundations either. It oxidized horribly & looked like an orange mask on my skin. It was so dark & orange. I also was having severe breakouts shortly after I began using it, but as I said above that could have been from my old skincare routine. What I did like was how thick & buildable this foundation was. If it were in the right shade & didn't oxidize horribly, it would do an excellent job of covering up my skin flaws. I think I'm going to give this another chance, but I'm going to color match myself this time.

I have used this foundation so many times and always go back to it! Application is key apply to much and it will look terrible! I find it best if you apply a small dot to each cheek and on your forehead and gently blend with fingers! Let it dry and add more to areas that need more! I use Mac matte primer under neath and think u absolutely need to prime before this foundation! I have very oily skin and sometimes this will oxidize by the end if the day! But if you apply right prime and powder it will look flawless!

I wanted to try this for a while but there are no MAC counters where I live. When I was travelling through Dublin airport I stumbled across MAC there and got the mua to match my colour. I ended up with Studio Fix Fluid in NC15. The colour is perfect and I love the coverage. I don't often wear makeup to work, and on the occasions I've wore this to work people have randomly complimented my complexion and skintone. I always apply with a foundation brush. The only complaints I have is price, because it doesn't come supplied with a pump, you have to buy this separately (the salesperson at the mac counter didn't tell me this).