MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

I was very unhappy with that, but tbh im not a big fan of mac in general.. First off: the colors don't really want to match my skin tone (TO yellow - TO rosy). Then I think the smell is really off and the consistency either: it feels somehow thick and sticky. Let me say when its freshly applied and blended it looks nice, but after 2 hours I went to a bathroom and I was so SHOCKED when I looked at my reflection: super greasy and parts of the foundation had faded, so that it looked like an unfinished puzzle. Also underneath the coverage I saw new bumps starting to grow and the studio fix fluid felt heavy on my face. As I removed everything in the evening my skin was so tired.
It might work for you, if you are looking for medium-strong coverage and have skin thats more on the dry side but isn't to sensitive though..

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST INCLUDE A PUMP... This foundation costs around $65NZD the pump costs $15 so the price is actually $80NZD what a joke ... This foundation smells like legit paint, has very questionable ingredients for the high price tag ... what is the money even paying for ... the glass bottle and brand? It burns the skin if sensitive and causes me to breakout , I have never waned to return something more ... I can’t think of anyone whom I would recommend this too.. I don’t like what’s in the ingredients most of all it’s just bad ... bad for your skin bad for your body just don’t waste your money... if you aren’t that bothered about I ingredients anyway get a cheaper foundation seriously.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this foundation for the last 15 years (+-) so that pretty much sums up what I feel about this foundation. :D
I do have other foundation that I use but I always need to have this in my collection. It is just something that I am comfortable to use for so long. It gives a great finish on my skin, not too matte and not too dewy. Last long hours and looks great in photos too!
I started off on NC43 which then discontinued and switched to NC42 but now I am a NC40 during winter time.

I am fairly pale with a cool/yellow undertone. I bought this foundation after struggling to find one suited to my skin tone in any drugstore brand. Nowadays there are wider ranges of shades available in other brands which allows for a more affordable option.

This is not the best foundation I have ever used. You have to make certain to prep the skin well before application and be sure to set it, as it isn't long-wearing. I find that it oxidises on my skin as well. Not to mention, the silly packaging means you end up wasting a lot of product (pity cause you paid a fair bit for it).

The Revlon Colour Stay Foundation in Buff is supposedly a dupe for NC15. I have tried it and found the formula quite thick in comparison, but the shade was good. I don't mind the MAC as it allows for more buildable coverage and looks dewy on the skin.

I have started using The Body Shop's Matte Clarifying Foundation with tea tree oil, in Railay Beach, it dries matte on the skin and doesn't wear off as easily. In my country, it's less than half the price of MAC for the same amount of product!

Pros
- Buildable Coverage
- Dewy Finish
- Applies well to primed skin
- Wide range of shades available

Cons
- Does not have a pump so a lot of product gets wasted (I usually use a lip brush to scoop out as much as I can when it's low)
- Quite Expensive
- Not Cruelty-free

I bought this as a replacement for my NARS foundation and it matched my pale skin, but smells like paint and is a pain to get out of the bottle without a pump or some other tool. It does last all day and is a decent product but don't be fooled by the cheaper price!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I've tried many foundations, including Youngblood mineral powder complete with the Rice setting powder (my latest attempt at controlling my oily Tzone).

All foundations I've tried: Revlon Colorstay, Most BB Creams, Clinique, Youngblood Mineral Foundation with the Rice Setting Powder and HD powder, Bare Minerals, Inglot HD - I've spent so much money on Foundation, etc, etc... start to turn into an oil slick after 4 hours of wear. I hate getting oily and I always do, no matter what face cream I use.

Not this one! I apply a very small amount with my Inglot brush (no need to apply a lot) and set it with whatever setting powder I have at hand. It lasts a full 9 to 12 hours on my skin. Last week I was on the road all day, from one site visit to the next (I'm an interpreter and was accompanying a delegation), needless to say, I did not have time for touch ups and it was also the first time I tried Studiofix. This particular road trip also entailed getting on a fishing boat. And this particular visit lasted four days. A hectic four-day schedule and Studiofix performed beautifully.

Studiofix did not budge. I kid you not. After the 9-hour mark, my nose was the tiniest bit shiny, but oh so little. Nothing the Clinique Blot Powder couldn't fix.

I've found my HG foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this foundation because I thought it would provide excellent coverage and last well on my oily skin. Sadly, it did not deliver exactly as I expected.
Firstly, the coverage is good, I would call it a strong medium. Does not completely cover the brighter acne marks, but unifies the skin very well, with only minor need for pinpoint concealing.
It looks reasonably natural on the skin, considering the thicker texture and coverage, so that is a plus.

However, when it comes to the shades and lasting power, it really let me down.
Yes, there is a very wide range of shades, but the undertones are mostly very strong. The NCs and Cs are incredibly yellow, very hard to wear for anyone verging on the neutral spectrum and the NWs are far too pink for warmer neutral tones.
I am light-medium olive-neutral toned and struggled hard to find a match. I finally settled for N5, but that was still more yellow than I would have wanted.
And as far as lasting power goes, this is just sub-par. I was an oily mess only a few hours in, the foundation started to dissapear and break down much faster than Revlon Colorstay or Loreal Infallible Matte, both of which are cheaper than SF, but perform far better.
The packaging is abysmal as well. Making customers buy a pump because they refuse to include it with the packaging is just sleazy money grabbing.

I like a lot of MAC products, but SFF will not be getting my money again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hated this foundation, I had very high expectations when it came to this one, but it didn’t work for me. After 3 hours the oil came through even with Mac Blot Powder. Application was a breeze, just wished it would have lasted more than 3 hours. Not for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a good foundation, provided you have prepped your skin well before application. However, if you are oily skinned and live in a humid/tropical country this foundation may not be for you as the oil still manages to seep through. It's pretty good in winter. Am in the shade NC42 and I usually set the foundation with prep and prime setting powder.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I used to wear Double wear by Estee Lauder for decades. The last 2 years used Touche eclat ΒR50 from YSL and a month ago I had to buy a new one. A MAC store opened near by, and I was too lazy to drive, so I got a bottle of Studio Fix Fluid. I am super tanned swimming all year long, so got NW40. My skin is not a typical oily, occasionally I would say, and normal in winters. I also use an oily face cream I make on my own. Forgot to say I am an allergic person.
This product really kissed my face. Not oily finish, not a dry look, no allergies. It gave me a velvet satin flexible finish, stayed 12!! hours on my face in the heart of summer, full cover as I dont have super trouble with brown spots, only near my nose on cheeks, because of the suntan, but it covered them all. When I wear it, I feel my face very hydrated. Use a MAC sponge to apply, very easy steady and full cover with a touch of youth! I love it!!!I will definitely go on it again, its an adorable foundation. The only thing you have to see is to buy a pump. Its extra charge but you can use it for all your future foundations.