MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This was my first ever "high end" foundation I purchased 8 Years ago, and throughout the years, I have tried many others, but always went back to this. Full coverage but not cakey . Looks nice in photos. The issue is , after having my bottle for a month, the shade is now orange and darker ! This never happened with my other bottles, so maybe MAC changed the formula . Disappointed. I have NW18 and it now looks like a NW25.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I bought NC25 a few months ago, honestly lol....I got shade matched at mac and I am super yellow, so i was like perfect usually NC's are perfect for my undertone and I want a medium-matte finish/coverage.
I went home and tried it out, I AM ORANGE GIRL LMFAOOO, all I thought was Alyssa Edwards saying to Coco Montrese ''look at fucking orange you look girl''. It doesn't last at all too, I only went to school and it was melting off my face, I live in Canada in -35 weather, and my skin wasn't even oily so why was it melting off, like I don't understand and girl it is thickkkkk it wouldn't even come out of the glass bottle you have to literally shake it onto your hand this 4 times before even a little comes out. I don't know, this foundation was a hot mess. Needless to say, i threw it into the garbage and only used it like 7 times. OH, also. It makes you break out like crazy because it is so thick. Like I like cake but damn girl. I recommend Milani conceal and perfect, keeps your oil under control, while providing a radiant finish and has olive+yellow undertones.. and its like $10 CAD

I have been using the studio fluid in NC15 since I was 16, it’s by far my favorite foundation that I have used (it is important to mention though that I have only tried 3 types on myself). I love that the coverage is medium-full. I do have to set it but that doesn’t bother me personally because I would powder over it either way. Applies flawlessly with a BB. My only complaints about this foundation are that it tends to attach to dry patches making them more noticeable & I’m also not a huge fan of the bottle, it’s not very practical. I really wish it had a pump because when you get to the bottom of the bottle it’s nearly impossible to get the remaining product out of it, so that’s kind of annoying. That being said, after I run out of the bottle I am using now I think I will try another top brand for comparison but I would definately recommend it to others and purchase it again.

Okay so honestly... I love this. I realize that MAC was the "It Girl" brand on YouTube back in the 2007-2012 days and a lot of people have moved onto other trendy makeup companies chasing the latest fads. But recently I decided to revisit good 'ol MAC and pick up a few of the cult classics. The artist at the MAC store matched me to the new shade NC10 which blended seamlessly into my porcelain skin. I am so thrilled that MAC created this beautiful pale shade that does not lean pink nor yellowy even though its an NC shade its one of the most neutral PPP shades I've ever come across. Nars Siberia is a little too yellow, KVD #41 is ghostly white with a pinky undertone, ELDW 1N1 Ivory Nude is a hair too dark etc... you get the point. Pale girls know that there is always something a little off about so many ivory shades on the market.

Studio Fix Fluid is a medium to full coverage foundation with a thick liquid consistency and a glamorous matte finish. The bottle doesn't come with a pump which is annoying but what else is new I guess. This foundation has a very skin-perfecting finish it makes you look like an airbrushed doll. I find its one of the few foundations that doesn't require a primer underneath but you do want to make sure you moisturize. The MAC artist explained that this foundation contains powder particles which makes it long lasting and lends to the beautiful finish that looks amazing in photographs. I have a combo/dry skin type and I prefer not to set my entire face with powder during the winter otherwise it looks too matte and chalky especially since I'm so pale.
Studio Fix Fluid lasts beautifully on the skin but I wouldn't say its one of those transfer-resistant, sweat-resistant, hurricane-resistant, tsunami-resistant foundations. There are days in my life where I need 6-8 hours of solid wear but not necessarily ultra concrete type of wear like ELDW. I don't always need my makeup to last 12+ hours on my face. I think this foundation is worth another try for people who want that flawless base and I love the fact its less expensive than other high-end brands.

EDIT: I still like this foundation and continue to use it regularly. However, I have noticed something peculiar. I bought another bottle in NC15 to mix in with the NC10 I already had. After a few weeks of having the bottle of NC15 it seems like the makeup in the bottle has oxidized and gone a little orangey, When I swatched the foundation on my hand it wasn't the fair golden shade I had purchased from the MAC counter. It has now changed color and is unwearable for me even if I mix it with NC10. I remember having the same thing happen to me last summer when I bought it in NC20 to match my fake tan and the shade was perfect --- after a month or so the foundation had gone darker and had an orange tint. What the hell is up with this?

This is my current favourite foundation but it does have some cons. The coverage is good, it doesn't accentuate my pores as much as other foundations, and it feels comfortable on the skin. I need to powder this though, or it looks shiny. When set this looks amazing, but you definitely will need to blot and powder through the day if you're oily. It doesn't crease or break up on me and it doesnt oxidise or have flashback. I unfortunately got a shade which is a bit light for me, but I find the shade range awesome and they're realistic shades (not ridiculously orange, pink or grey). I've heard of people breaking out from this foundation but that's never been a problem for me... it's pretty much as close to perfect as I can get.

This is the best foundation I've found so far. it has heavy yet natural-looking coverage (once it sets) that lasts for most of the day. I usually have trouble finding a foundation that is light enough for my skin and doesn't make it look orange but this foundation fits the bill (my shade is NW10, the lightest one). However, this foundation does dry out my skin some so I have to be very diligent about moisturizing before and after wearing it. I would also prefer if it had a pump.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

NEW HOLY GRAIL. I'm a MAC loving girl and I've used the lipsticks but I'm sad I didn't discover this sooner.

This gives you a completely even toned look, so glam, natural and model-like. Just gives the skin a really healthy, flawless effect, which photographs well too. It's matte in the best way imaginable...a natural, vibrant, non-flat kind of matte. And it doesn't oxidize - unbelievable!

Unlike a lot of other foundations, it actually lives up to all it claims. Gorgeous shade range. I'm so happy to have found my exact shade in this range (NC25). It's the closest to my skin tone I've found yet. Paired with my Shiseido Lacquer Gloss in Baby Doll, this creates such a healthy, natural, flawless look, exactly what I was looking for!

This is a classic!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This was my holy grail foundation 10 years ago- but I am no longer 21 and since then, many other great foundation brands have arisen.

Thick coverage, amazing if you have scars and blemishes. However I used to break out in spots often from this product due to its consistency. In hot weather it would feel heavy. My skin was oily and I would need to powder a lot with this despite its full coverage. Having said that, I would buy again as it is good coverage if my usual products are out of stock as it is a safe bet.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

My new HG.

Before i say anything i just want to praise the pricing cause this looks just as good as a foundation twice or three times its price and stays on longer too.

This foundation is definitely a strong medium to full if you layer it and the best part is that it looks amazing in pictures. Thats the one thing that makes it better than any other foundation i own. Its finish is beautiful as well so another bonus there.

I have oily skin and it keeps a lot of oil at bay even 7 ish hours later. People always xomment on how oily my skin is when i use other foundations so this just makes this better for me.

Im an nc42 and the color does come off more yellow compared to my nars or luminous silk but it looks really good regardless.

Im trying so hard to contain my excitement about this product but i feel like ive finally come across the best foudnation and possibly only foundation im goimg to be using from now on.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It gets the job done - full coverage, keeps the skin matte but still vibrant, the whole nine. But I found it not to be very long wearing, as it starts to crease after a few hours and looks very cakey, aside of being very heavy on the skin. It's great for those special occasions where you want a beat face, but not for daily use.