MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation so much. I don't know why people hate on the smell of it, I love it and the color range is amazing! By far in my top 3! Coming in 2nd!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

First, let me say the fact that you have to buy the pump separately is ridiculous.

This is the first time I've gone in for a 'high end' foundation. I wanted something that was light enough for my skin with enough coverage to hid my shame. In terms of coverage I'd call it medium, and the shade NC10 is a perfect match for me. It does seem slightly patchy really close up, but from a normal distance it looks great and wears well (haven't tested it long haul yet).
Unfortunate con: It smells horrid so bear that in mind.

I tend to apply foundation with my fingers and then blend out with a damp sponge... not sure if this is the best method for this foundation so will have to experiment.

Doesn't live up to the hype. Goes patchy, oxidises and rubs off easily. Looks Cakey and the lack of pump on the bottle annoys me. I hate wasting make up so I'll consider using the bottle on nights out in the dark where it only needs to last a few hours and nobody can see me close up.
I used a good primer and setting powder so I don't know why it was so terrible on my skin.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

👎
Ok girls, so my skin is combo, dehydrated and sensitive. And to make it short, I hated this. First, I don't think the colour blends well. I tried different shades and couldn't find one that looks natural. Nw20 was the closest (I'm neutral) but still looks like I'm heavily madeup even if I only use a drop of the stuff.

I didn't like it bc
- It's really thick
- Coverage is higher than I wanted (I prefer to go for medium coverage)
- I couldn't find a shade that looks natural on me
- BREAKS me out bad!!!!!! (And my skin isn't even acne prone). Whenever I use the next day I get huge whiteheads that take forever to go away.
- Not a fan of the smell

Having said this, I got it bc a friend of mine uses it and she's delighted. Her skin type is normal/dry and it hasn't broken her out and it looks really natural on her. So... idk what to say. But I'm passing this on to her bc my skin doesn't like it.

Always lasts the whole day on me whether I wear powder or not, some people hate the smell but weirdly enough I like it. Doesn't break me out, amazing coverage :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really want to like this product, but there are so many things that just don't work out for me. First off, the packaging is awful - I had to pay $10 for a separate pump that could've easily been worked into the product. The color match is also a bit of a problem. I am a NC20 in the prolong wear foundation (which is my perfect match), but NC20 in this range is at least a shade darker and made me look ridiculously yellow.

It's advertised as a full-coverage foundation, but I think its more of a fuller medium. It doesn't quite cover much of the redness I have on my cheeks which requires additional full coverage concealer. This also isn't that amazing against oil. It'll last, but the oil will still peak through at around the 6 hour mark and the foundation around my nose will start breaking down.

I had high expectations for this foundation and they were definitely not met, but let's start with the positives. The colour is almost perfect which is hard to find when you're quite fair skinned, It has spf 15 which is a bonus and it managed to keep my oily t-zone in check. Now on to the negatives, the packaging is bland and you have to buy a separate pump for it which for the price it should come with a gold one, the product doesn't like to come out easily but maybe that's just my bottle, and the coverage while full it wears off within 6 hours. Overall for the price I would not buy again but it's also not the worst foundation I've used.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

There's a reason why this foundation has such a huge cult following - it's amazing! It's matte, medium to full coverage and creates a flawless base for almost all skin types. It is definitely more of an night time/event foundation as it is more heavy looking on the skin but honestly, I like it during the day as well! If you're into more full coverage glam foundations you will love this especially for night time. And an added bonus, It photographs exceptionally well!

The only downside to the Mac studio fix fluid is that it doesn't come with a pump which can make it ridiculously annoying. You can purchase a pump on the side but I think that's a major inconvenience, personally.

My go to foundation!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is one of the weirdest foundations ever. I have been using this because it's in my project pan and I have completely used it up. I use a beauty sponge and it applies medium coverage (but it's buildable). It is one of those foundations where the primer must work well with it - I have found that silicone primers work best with this. The reason for this is because the foundation is slightly drying. At the end of the day, some of my foundation has faded and my face, in general, looks dry and crusty. If I use a mattifying primer with this, it will just be worse.

The price point for this isn't bad and I would suggest that you wear this on shorter/low-key days.