MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by age: 36-43

3.6

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used to love MAC and now think they are losing their way a little- I have to admit, I felt 'pressurized' into buying this foundation which I absolutely detest now, within 5 days! In any case- here is what I found with the product:
1: it is so matte- if you are over 30, don't buy it- it will make you look 60!
2: it is very heavy. So this is not for the working woman- you will feel like something has been painted on. Plus, because it is heavy, it can't be healthy for aging skin at all- I can actually feel my face painted on (and I don't use too much make up because I work in a conservative office in the city)
3: it feels cloggy: since it it so heavy, my skin feels a bit 'chocked' (do you know what I mean? I think girls with oily/ combination skin do!)
4: it looks like 'makeup': so girls at work have actually asked me 'why I'm dressing up and trying so hard' (so embarrassing! :( )
Funny thing is, since I am combination skin, I was told this was give a matte look- but whilst it might be matte- it is heavy, bad for oily areas and is aging me.
Look I get it now- I think this is for parties, not everyday wear, and certainly not appropriate for work-day-running-around-life.
Help! If someone knows of a foundation that can make my skin look fresh and 'young' -please let me know. Thank you.

I bought this when i started to hunt for a foundation years ago. I bought based on mua reviews. People asked if i was sick the few times i've used it, it does nothing for me, it's uneven, patchy , maybe the color was wrong too. This made me think i was doing something wrong so i bought mac brushes and it didn't work either. Not for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this a while back and it turned my face into a pizza!! Looked nice but after a few hours my skin broke out. At first I was think it was my gurly time or something I ate so the next day I put a little more to hide the acne it had given me and I had more zits popping out!!! I stopped using it washed my face good went make up free for a week and was fine after. Never again is that stuff touching my face again!!!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

** MAC PRODUCTS ARE TESTED ON ANIMALS **

Skin type: normal to dry but acne prone.

Desperately seeking a new HG foundation since I found out MAC test on animals after being bought out by Estee Lauder. MAC is now sold in China, and Chinese law requires that ALL cosmetics owned by foreign (non-Chinese) companies be tested on animals.

My skin tone has a warm-neutral-light olive tone. For reference, I am MAC NC25 - see my notepad for my colour matches to other brands.

For reference, I am MAC NC25 / NC30 - see my notepad for my colour matches to other brands.

BEFORE: As my skin is dry, I apply a facial oil (my own blend), followed by tinted moisturiser with SPF and primer before applying foundation. Studio Fix is kind of dry & heavy and I would look like the mummified creature from the crypt if I didn't use moisturiser etc beforehand (this was also the case with Revlon ColorStay which I used before switching to MAC).

AFTER: This leaves a slightly dewey finish which I would counteract with a very light dusting of translucent powder to seal it off. Anything beyond a light dusting would give the 'chalky dusty old grandma effect', which I'm not overly fond of.

QUALITY: Excellent! Full coverage, I never needed to use concealer and I have minor acne scarring/redness. Tendency to cake if applied too heavily. In summer, 10-15 minutes outside when it's uber-sweatsville will wreak havoc on any attempts at a flawless finish. In normal weather, the staying power is exceptional.

RE-PURCHASE? Sadly, no. I won't be buying MAC again until they stop testing on animals. Also, after 2 years of near daily use (5 out of 7 days per week), the surface of my skin has been getting increasingly bumpy and pimply. I took Accutane a few years ago and it's really only been since I started wearing MAC that I've had a zit resurgence, which has only gotten worse. (Is this a marketing ploy? Give customers pimples so they'll need more product to cover it up?!) And as I'm at the stage of my life where I'm starting to see the odd wrinkle, nosirreebob do I want to be dealing with that AND zits, thanks very much MAC.

(n.b: not sure if the MAC ladies in my area are particularly sadistic / colourblind, but the first time I went in for a colour match I left covered in a shade best described as 'tangerine dream'.)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was the last foundation I bought before switching to mineral foundation. After using this foundation (among other brands), my skin kept breaking out, and was generally awful. This didn't cover my pigmentation, which required quite a lot of concealer.

I encourage people reading this to explore mineral foundations (and natural skincare in general) - they are much better for your skin and give better coverage - who wants to put all these chemicals on your skin? - YUCK!

I have a word for this foundation. The reason why many women are not able to find their perfect match for their skin tones/colours, despite that MAC is producing millions of colours and offering 'better' selection than most other cosmetic brands, is quite simple: they are creating colours based upon dogma and preconception of women's skin, not on down-to-earth research on real women.
For example, many Occidental or Caucasian women find the NC range too yellow, and NW too deep red. And in fact this is also the case for Oriental women. According to certain research conducted upon the skin undertones and colours of Japanese women, the result show that many fair-skinned women do NOT have yellow tones, NOR red, but neutral or beige tones.
So I guess I am not the only one who feel when I put the NC15 on I look like one of the characters of Simpsons - despite that the colour itself is a reasonable match, it turns the skin yellow, especially in pictures and if this is a deliberate result expected by the leading catwalk makeup artist cosmetic brand then I have to say that its not my cup of tea.

I regret ever buying this foundation! My skin isnt oily or dry, but this foundation made it look both! it is cakey and it makes my skin look fake which is never a good thing, you still want your skin to look like skin, or at least i do! i gave it to my friend who loves it and talked to her about why she liked it and how she used it, and she was really going for an unrealistic flawless look in which case this is great!
not something i see myself wearing and if i were to go for a more matte look there are better options like chanel mat lumier and nars sheer matte

I am 39 yo, am Asian, combo skin, pink undertone. I tried a sample of this product at the MAC Nordstrom. I returned my Dior Capture Total and went straight to the MAC section because one of my coworkers only uses MAC. The SA was very nice and gave me a makeover with the MAC products. She told me I was an NC20. After she was done, and I looked in the mirror, I was agape with horror as I looked like a madeup doll. I told her it felt like a mask. The SA told me I would get used to the feeling and it would become more natural feeling. I had just used Dior Capture, see my review, and it felt like a second skin but this product did not. She gave me two samples, one for NC20 and NC25 and I bought some brushes, concealer, and highlighter. It was over $250! The most I have ever spent on makeup and I hadn't even bought the foundation.
The small amount of foundation she gave me lasted about two weeks. I still have some left over that is unused.
PROS:
A little goes a long way, I swear that whole bottle would last me six months. The foundation is very thick so I only put a pea sized amount on face with either the stippling brush or concealer brush.
Even though I bought concealer, I didn't need it. This stuff hides everything, it is full coverage.
Easy to put on and you can take your time, does not dry out quickly. I used a stippling brush, foundation brush, and my fingers and it all looked great.
For me, it lasted a long time, over 12 hours. I have graduate school after work so sometimes I have 14 hour days and it still looked great at the end of the say without having to refresh my makeup.
CONS:
It felt like a mask and I felt I had makeup on. Perhaps if I hadn't just used Dior, this would have been normal to me, but because I had the natural no makeup feel with Dior, this was really unacceptable.
Make me breakout. I have several pimples that continue today on my chin from this product. I also used the Mac primer and sunscreen too and maybe the combo was too much for my skin.
The color just didn't look natural or match my skin. My neck is pale while my face has uneven tones of pale color and tan color. I tried both the NC20 and NC25 and liked neither color. It could be because the color does not melt into the skin but sits atop the skin.
I looked like one of those porcelain chinese dolls! Arggh! I hate it when Asian women have foundation that is too white so they can have the coveted porcelain skin even though it is not their natural skin tone. Then their necks are tan and it doesn't match their face.
Yes, I got alot of compliments from coworkers and others who said I looked "great". But I don't look like myself. I know what I look like and this was a "doll" version of me. That is not what I want in a foundation. I want to look like myself but with a better complexion, not a fake Barbie doll lookalike! Arghh, gross.
This foundations appears to really polarize people, either you love it or hate it.
I don't have much experience with makeup but I did not like it. For me, foundation should feel natural, like a second skin. It should also be good for your skin too and not cause more blemishes.
My advice: get a sample and try it first before you spend your good hard earned money on this stuff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This foundation is terrible. It is thick and goopy. It broke me out after a day. It is so heavy and cakey that I looked like I was wearing a plastic mask. Beware ladies. If I could give it 0 lippies I would.

I love the color match of this foundation. But that is where it ends IMO. I am so disappointed. As soon as I apply it, my skin starts sweating. Even after it sets make sure you don't accidentally touch or swipe your face. Doing so will take off makeup leaving a very noticeable area that cannot be touched up to look 100%...cakes up just awful! So if you manage to avoid that, this makeup will last nice for an hour tops here in FL during the summer. I was eating breakfast and it drastically settled in all my lines around my mouth and nose, and was starting to separate all over my face. OMG I cannot deal with this. I am low-maintenance when it comes to foundations. So, I cannot be "babysitting" it. Good luck. I would not recommend!