MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by age: 44-55

3.8

I am fair skinned with blong hair. I have some acne scars on the chick and this foundation covers it as long as my pores. It doesn't look heavy and doesn't need powder (I have combination skin and I get oily on the Tzone. I would reperchase it again.

Absolutely brilliant foundation ..would definitely recommend to anyone to buy this product ..especially in the NC35 shade :)

I just ordered my third bottle and am very happy with Studio Fix. The coverage depends on how it is applied and a little does go a long way. I like the SPF 15 and fact it is oil free. Lasts the whole day and then some. Looks natural even in the sunniest daylight. i don't understand the negative reviews as I have tried a lot of foundations both drug store and department store. Good coverage and nice finish.

Hands down my favourite MAC foundation formulation! I tend to use this foundation mostly in the warmer summer months. My skin type is mostly normal but seems to transform more to the combination skin type in the warmer climate. My Nars sheer glow foundation suits my skin perfectly in the fall and winter months, but Studio Fix and Estee Lauder's Double Wear Light are favourites of mine when I want to wear a semi-matte oil controlling liquid formula. I wear Studio Fix in NC44. The pros of this product, include the fact that it provides buildable light to medium coverage. I find it easy to apply and blend with either a foundation brush or make-up wedge. I did find it oxidized a little bit, and I usually prefer to wear this foundation in the summer time when I get a shade darker. The shade match is also fantastic!

In the past I have tried Studio Fix Fluid foundation and hated it. Really couldn't figure out why people would buy such a bad foundation. Two months ago I saw a pretty sales girl with a flawless face and asked her what she used and she stated it was Mac Studio Fix. So I thought I'd try it again, only this time I would get samples first and try to find a good match rather than get the guessing game of what THEY think would look good on you which is usually wrong. I choose two shades and one (NW 30) was close but needed powder to add depth so I got another sample the next day in NW33. Loved it. I used a dense foundation brush, almost a kabuki but smaller, that blends and distributes in the nooks and crannies of your face and I used a very small amount because it's so concentrated. Before I never used a brush, I had the wrong color, and I used too much product. Wore this to San Fransisco last week and all the pictures look amazing. Lasted all day. Like it better that MUFE and thats saying a lot. I also bought the Mac Skin Finish powder in MED DARK and that sets it perfectly. I can see why people don't like it as I used to be one of the haters. But choosing the right color makes all the difference and less is more in this case.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation. It gives me the best coverage, and even makes my skin look better than most foundations. It does go on a little cakey, but a little Fix+ makes it look dewy. The only downsides are the packaging and the fact that it does make my skin a little oily sometimes.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I like this product because it 1) is oil-free, 2) provides buildable coverage, and 3) doesn't break me out. I think it is reasonably priced for a department store foundation. I just wish it were available in more department stores in my area...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am very pleased with my purchase Studio Fix Fluid foundation - I am not always lucky when trying MAC's liquids... I was test driving MUFE HD in 115 and this foundation in NW20 - and Studio Fix Fluid made my skin's texture smoother looking, plus it is less expensive (woot!). It wears well throughout the day, and gives a matte (but not mask like) finish with medium to full coverage. So far no irritation from the sunscreen (which only provides UVB protection). For reference, I have normal to dry skin (more dry in the winter). I use NW20 in the Studio Stick, and when comparing the two, the Studio Fix Fluid NW20 looks a bit darker and even a bit yellower, but once applied to the face, it looks pretty much the same. I thought the SA gave me the wrong color at first. I am in a wedding in March and the makeup artist that is doing our makeup said this photographs well.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was actually surprised how much I like this foundation. I usually avoid oil-free formulations but read good things about it here and on You Tube. Sephora was out of my usual Stila Illuminating in 20 watts so after much research, I got this Studio Fix Fluid in nc25 and my skin is LLL/MMM with yellow undertones for reference.
I would say this is not drying or crepey matte at all - it's nice and gives a little more coverage than my Illuminating which is a bit thinner and more moisturizing and a touch lighter in tone.
I'm a foundation nut and very fussy about texture and matching the color to my skin.
First I moisturize my skin on the parts that need it and then use my Smashbox Primer. Then I apply this with my Stila #27 Perfecting Foundation brush and sometimes my fingers, and once in a while I moisten a sponge with moisturizer and then put the foundation on it.
All 3 method work great. My new thing is to mix the 2 foundations together in a little jar [left over from eye cream that's used up]. I stir it up thoroughly and so there's no fear of contaminating the whole bottle of foundation. Because the Studio Fix Fluid is not in a pump.
After I apply it, I use my palms and fingers to press/roll which 'melds' the foundation into the skin. Then I blot with a tissue to remove any excess or shine.
You get a perfect but natural look.

Ok, heres the thing.....I am a complete makeup junkie, I have tried everything out there, and foundation and lipgloss are my downfall. 30odd glosses last count and a dozen or so foundations with lots of pots of samples. .. However, I really love this foundation. My skin is slightly on the dry side, especially in winter. I think the trick with Studio Fix is you need to apply it with a foundation brush, I use Mac stippling brush, then really spend time buffing it in for a flawless look. I then apply Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium to set and then spritz with Mac Charged Water Skin Hydrating Mist. It will last forever.
The only very slight downside, for me anyway, is that I need a slightly lighter colour that my match NC30. I am going out today for a sample of maybe NC20 or 25 and see if I can mix for a perfect colour.
If you want a light almost transparent foundation, this is not for you. But I love it!