MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by age: 36-43

3.6

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I use NC50. You can use it on top of moisturizer for a less heavy look and for more coverage, apply thickly.

LOVE IT .....TRIED EVERYTHING LOVE IT ..MAC IS TRIED AND TRUE BEAUTY

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Great for oily skin, still need to blog midday but doesn't budge when you do. Full coverage, Mattifying but still a beautiful glow, little goes a long way, great price!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my favourite foundations, and THE only full-coverage foundation I have ever liked because I have dry skin and anything else is too cakey.
This is silky smooth but covers well.
And I have a sort of neutral olive skin so I can either wear nc or nw. (Nc40 or nw25).
Mac is the best for olive skin colors.

It just has a silky flawless finish and it is honestly the ONLY full-coverage foundation I will wear. (Others are too cakey).
At times if I want a more dewy look I will mix it with mineralize liquid or strobe cream
And I apply it either with beauty blender sponge or the 190 or 196 mac brush.
This is a classic and I loved it from the moment I tried it on. However it should come with a pump rather than me having to buy one for it!

First of all, I have a love and hate relationship with this product. However, with the proper skin prep and letting all your moisturizer and primer set properly (moisturizer = 15 mins, primer = 5 mins) the finish that you will get from this foundation is amazing. It will give you a demi matte almost satin finish.

If you have a slightly oily t-zone and normal everywhere else then this foundation was made for you. People complain about how cakey this foundation is and I say you have to apply the product in small sections and always start with 1 pump.

Application method: Beauty Blender
Primer: Too Faced Primed and Poreless
Setting Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte (just in the centre)
Setting Spray: Skindinivia Finishing Spray (oil control)

The most beautiful finish ever! Definitely will repurchase!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

1 lippie off for packaging coz it's pretty necessary to buy a separate pump. This is around $30+/- investment to your fdtn wardrobe & fdtn isn't something u wanna scrimp on I've found. I've got very extreme oily skin & I like a lot of coverage so I have the option of applying it/going over t-zone w a cream fdtn/applying HD powder (loose or pressed)/applying loose powder fdtn over the top/& my personal fave is to apply Studiofix powder fdtn over t-zone u never want to be over powdered so it's really only necessary to powder the t-zone very conservatively & I get photoshop results w those methods. NC15 is what I was diagnosed as way back when but its kind of too light but exchange is a hassle I will rebuy when j run out in NC20 or NC25 or somem I can make it work yanno? & it turns darker as the day goes on anyways lucky me huh then it's the right color haha it does oxidize beware! I use a MAC Sponge or MAC fdtn brush from holiday '15 collection to apply.

I am not one to write reviews at all but I have been using Mac Studio Fix NC25 for almost a month and I absolutely love it. I have sensitive combination skin with a few minor blemishes depending on the time of the month and this foundation does not bother my skin at all. In fact, if I didn't know better, I would say my skin loves it. I'm getting more compliments since using it and my husband said I looked like I did in high school when my skin was poreless, unblemished and glowing. Count me in as one of the ones who will use Studio Fix as long as Mac makes it.

This foundation is absolutely fantastic, but it takes a little work to get it right. You must practice good skin care to get the most out of it! Exfoliating makes any foundation look better and since this is med-full coverage, it's a must! Primer can help with any textural issues you may have. The application is important too; if you try it several ways, you'll find something you like. I use the Beauty Blender (damp) for natural coverage, or the Sigma F82 for more coverage. I think the reason this breaks a lot of people out is that they aren't removing it properly! Treat this like a long-wearing product and remove it with a cleansing oil or balm FIRST before you use your regular face wash. Otherwise, you're probably leaving makeup behind every night. Like I said, it takes work, but if you practice good skin care and the right application techniques, this foundation can look amazing.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

DESCRIPTION OF ME ~ Light yellowy/olive complexion with a tendency to get redness on my cheeks and around my nose. MAC C2ish/NC20. Large pores, oily and prone to blackheads and occasional acne. Mid-thirties, some sun damage, (melasma) and fine creases on my forehead.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION~ "A modern foundation that combines a natural matte finish and medium, buildable coverage with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15 protection. Applies, builds and blends easily and evenly. Comfortable and long-wearing, helps minimize the appearance of pores and imperfections, giving skin a smoother, more flawless look and finish." From the site and well, I can't argue with that one bit. It does all those things!

PACKAGING~ Glass bottle, screw top, general pain unless you buy the pump which is essential and makes using this a breeze!

CONSISTENCY/TEXTURE~ Creamy, thick liquid foundation.

APPLICATION~ Pretty blendable actually. It's not a hard foundation to work with at all. I use it over a silicone primer.

FINISH~ The finish is matte but not cakey. I use powder because I like a refined-no-pore look but really, it doesn't need a whole lot of powder. Over a primer this will look natural. On lightly moisturized skin or no primer type base this might not look at well. It's a pro product to some extent and not meant to be used just out of the bottle. I use 1 pump, so, it really is a base. I'm not using this for total coverage or anything, that's what concealer is for. So, if you were to use more than 1 pump you might indeed end up with a bit of cake.

COVERAGE~ With one pump and if I use my fingers I get a naturalish medium coverage and a stippling brush (I'm currently using an ELF!) and 1.5-2 pumps and layer it can get pretty close to full. Not quite like an emollient foundation might but that's what concealer is for!

STAYING POWER~ With a good dusting of finishing powder it lasts all day without fail all day on my oily, dark pored skin.

SCENT~ It still smells like alcohol tbh and that's fine by me. It fades after it dries so not an issue.

COLOUR~ Ok, this is where MAC gets dicey or rather, other reviewers. I actually do NOT find MAC foundations "orange" like so many people seem to. You have the wrong shade if you do. NC is yellow based and being that our skin (dare I say ALL skin) is yellow to varying degrees, this is perfect and very well thought out makeup. Just got to a lighter shade than you think you might need! I find myself having to go darker in drugstore brands because it's only the dark shades that aren't darn pink. :| Also, it's not "oxidizing" you are using the wrong shade!! And, if NC15 "oxidizes" it's because MAC's lightest colour is not light enough for some people. So, that said, NC20 is perfect for me.

OTHER NOTES~ To those saying it breaks you out, it is unfortunate. As far as I can tell any thick foundation like this might have the tendency to. So, it's not the foundation it's your skin, ladies. If I stopped wearing makeup I'm pretty sure I would never breakout. It's not going to happen (for me) I adore makeup so I live with the occasional breakout and I do not blame my makeup. Even if I used something rich and oily like MAC's full coverage (grease pot basically) I would not BLAME the makeup. That stuff is not intended for every day use, it's occlusive to a large degree, of course it's going to break me out! I still break out once in awhile and I don't think this foundation has anything to do with it other than that's the nature of makeup.

OVERALL~ I've used this foundation exclusively for over 2 years now and repurchased many times I adore it. If you are oily and want a long lasting foundation and love yellowy shades, this is a wonderful option. I have just ordered Estee Lauder's Double Wear on a whim because I think I'm in the mood to play around. I have 3 backups of this foundation though and have no intention of trading or getting rid of them.

Thank you Seclusae2 giving me permission to use your great reviewing format.

INGREDIENTS~ ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Octinoxate 2.50% Other: Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Algae Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lethicin, Hydrogenated Lethicin, Xanthan Gum, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Laureth-7, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Chloroxylenol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben [+/- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]

Hello! I have been buying this MAC Foundation for years. It is the best foundation I have ever used (and I'm a brand hopper, I use Make up forever, Mary Kay, Merle Norman, all types of products).
PROS: The nice even finish. Plus the shade I use has a nice "warm" tint to it, good shades. Also, I get nice medium coverage yet it doesn't feel heavy
CONS: None really. Another reviewer mentioned this foundation doesn't hold up to the heat. I'd say that's true
Finally, the feel/ un-heavy consistency is nice. Will buy again!