MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by age: 36-43

3.6

This foundation stays on my skin no more than 3 hours and i don't have oily skin.it feels very heavy on the skin.

LOVE IT .....TRIED EVERYTHING LOVE IT ..MAC IS TRIED AND TRUE BEAUTY

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Great for oily skin, still need to blog midday but doesn't budge when you do. Full coverage, Mattifying but still a beautiful glow, little goes a long way, great price!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am 42 years old with an all over oily skin and large pores around the nose area. The central part of my face has a red tint to it too and my face is darker them my neck/chest. I have watery sensitive eyes.

See the drama?

I started using makeup two years ago and bought this foundation first. Love it. It goes on with great coverage and after I set it with my setting powder (100% silica of the Brazilian makeup brand Dailus) it pratically lasts me for 6 to 7 hours. After this some shine appears. However, I can't use it outside alone. I actually mix it with MUFE 128 (Y415, half in half). I am planning to buy it in NC44 and NW30 to mix so that i'll have only SFF.

Took one star for two reasons: 1) The color does oxidize. 2) The woman in the MAC store in Airport of Brasilia was not too friendly.

Although there was nobody in the store at the time, the woman didn't want to show me around for the available options and I had time to do it. I told her I was interested in the Studio Fix, but I didn't have that much experience with makeup so she could show me other options for my oily skin.

Obs.: Studio Fix liquid is not for the naked dry skin. In any case, moisturize is needed. Prepare your skin really well. Otherwise it will be cakey and show pores.

At the time, I also didn't know of the whole black woman x NC45. She, a BLACK WOMAN, gave me studio fix NC45 and that was that. Get going!

Unfortunately, at the store it was ok and some minutes latter I removed the spot where I applied it to travel. When I applied it at home to really test it, my face turned orange.... as in oraaaaaaaaaange. So, NC45 I'm not.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my favourite foundations, and THE only full-coverage foundation I have ever liked because I have dry skin and anything else is too cakey.
This is silky smooth but covers well.
And I have a sort of neutral olive skin so I can either wear nc or nw. (Nc40 or nw25).
Mac is the best for olive skin colors.

It just has a silky flawless finish and it is honestly the ONLY full-coverage foundation I will wear. (Others are too cakey).
At times if I want a more dewy look I will mix it with mineralize liquid or strobe cream
And I apply it either with beauty blender sponge or the 190 or 196 mac brush.
This is a classic and I loved it from the moment I tried it on. However it should come with a pump rather than me having to buy one for it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

My all time HG is Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk which is the most amazing foundation I've ever tried. But there are times in the summer when I need something more matte and Studiofix works fairly well. I'm NC15 and this foundation is a great match.

I use it with a MAC skunk brush which helps keep in from getting cakey. It's not as natural looking as the GA LS, but it's a little heavier coverage to neutralize my rosacea redness and the finish stays looking fresher for longer without even using powder. It does sometimes oxidize a bit darker which the GA Luminous Silk never does.

Nice, would be even better if it came with a pump because it's ridiculous to have to buy one.

I also have super sensitive dry skin and this has never caused a problem.

I do like this foundation it has a very good coverage ( medium to full) and a lot of shades, lasts quite well on my combo skin ( i do have to use a translucent powder over it) . I was matched to NC20 for my light yellowish toned skin which is a very good match. However i did get a few break outs around my chin during the summer...so i had to stop using it a couple of days.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

First of all, I have a love and hate relationship with this product. However, with the proper skin prep and letting all your moisturizer and primer set properly (moisturizer = 15 mins, primer = 5 mins) the finish that you will get from this foundation is amazing. It will give you a demi matte almost satin finish.

If you have a slightly oily t-zone and normal everywhere else then this foundation was made for you. People complain about how cakey this foundation is and I say you have to apply the product in small sections and always start with 1 pump.

Application method: Beauty Blender
Primer: Too Faced Primed and Poreless
Setting Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte (just in the centre)
Setting Spray: Skindinivia Finishing Spray (oil control)

The most beautiful finish ever! Definitely will repurchase!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

1 lippie off for packaging coz it's pretty necessary to buy a separate pump. This is around $30+/- investment to your fdtn wardrobe & fdtn isn't something u wanna scrimp on I've found. I've got very extreme oily skin & I like a lot of coverage so I have the option of applying it/going over t-zone w a cream fdtn/applying HD powder (loose or pressed)/applying loose powder fdtn over the top/& my personal fave is to apply Studiofix powder fdtn over t-zone u never want to be over powdered so it's really only necessary to powder the t-zone very conservatively & I get photoshop results w those methods. NC15 is what I was diagnosed as way back when but its kind of too light but exchange is a hassle I will rebuy when j run out in NC20 or NC25 or somem I can make it work yanno? & it turns darker as the day goes on anyways lucky me huh then it's the right color haha it does oxidize beware! I use a MAC Sponge or MAC fdtn brush from holiday '15 collection to apply.

I am not one to write reviews at all but I have been using Mac Studio Fix NC25 for almost a month and I absolutely love it. I have sensitive combination skin with a few minor blemishes depending on the time of the month and this foundation does not bother my skin at all. In fact, if I didn't know better, I would say my skin loves it. I'm getting more compliments since using it and my husband said I looked like I did in high school when my skin was poreless, unblemished and glowing. Count me in as one of the ones who will use Studio Fix as long as Mac makes it.