MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by age: 30-35

3.5

NC 15 in winter. NC25 in summer. Have been using this product for 4 years now and it's def HG for me! Coverage is a good medium but you can build it up. Color never oxidizes. Finish is natural matte. Lasts all day. Really a beautiful and reliable foundation. I have combo acne prone skin and this has NEVER irritated my skin or caused breakouts. I just love it and wear it everyday. I set it with L'Oréal infallible matte powder and this combo is gorgeous. Make sure skin is exfoliated and moisturized prior to application. I believe that's the key to allowing this product to really work its magic. Love!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This has been my go to foundation for 10+ years.. I have tried out/on several other brands but I always end up going back to Mac studiofix.

Perfect shade selection for my medium Tan complexion with yellow undertones (NC42-44), love the texture and it's matte velvety finish on my oily/combination skin, provides good coverage while still looking natural. Doesnt break me out.

Apply a primer and/or strobe cream underneath, apply the foundation with a brush, and top it off with my favorite powder MAC studiofix powder in NC 44,5 and my skin looks flawless.

If you have a similar skintone to mine and are still looking for the perfect shade of BB Cream do check out the Clarins Bb skin perfecting cream spf 25 in shade 03 dark. Finally found my match.

My ultimate favourite foundation of all time!!!

I am NW20 in summer and NC20 in winter. This foundation gives perfect full coverage (no concealer needed), glides on smoothly, does not feel thick or cakey, does not dry the skin (can be used on dry or oily skins) and does not give breakouts. Plenty of shades available to match any skin colour.

Would have loved for his foundation to stay put a bit longer as it tends to rub off on clothes easily and gets patchy when you touch your face.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My HG foundation. This makes my skin so perfect and evened out.

I have dry skin and I know this is intended for oily skin. However, I will always use MAC's Studio Care Cream and Too faced primed and poreless primer and voila - amazing skin.

My preferred way of applying this foundation is with a flat top kabuki or any buffing brush. I believe that the more you buff this on your skin the more it makes the application flawless. I would sometimes spray my brush with fix+ to help with blending.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm NC37-NC40. Great full coverage foundation, doesn't dry too quick like EL DW so gives you time to apply correctly. I apply using RT Stippling Brush, don't have the best skin so I prepare my skin first with moisturiser, then fix+, then primer, then fix+ again and then foundation. Only need one layer for full coverage, gives a nice semi dewy, semi matte effect, lasts all day if set correctly. Price is fantastic for a high end foundation. I use this daily and then Luminous Silk for special occasions.

I've used Chanel matte lumiere, dior skin , urban decay nakedskin, Este Lauder doublewear, lancome, shiseido, armani luminous silk, mufe hd and matte velvet, Temptu airbrush, and pretty much all of macs, liquid/powder foundations. I do my makeup around 7am every morning and I expect it to stay on til about 9-10 at night...I expect a lot, I know!
The only ones I've repurchased are mufe hd and mac pro longwear and fix fluid. I pretty much always apply my foundation with a beauty blender. I recently went back to fix fluid after years of fluctuating between pro longwear and hd. I used a beauty blender to apply instead of a brush and I am sooo happy with the results! I think it will be my hg again!

My go too foundation! Great coverage. Makes my skin look super smooth.... almost flawless. I always get compliments when I wear it. Pros: Beautiful full coverage Easy to apply Cons: Need to powder often to control the oil Pricey Highly Recommended!

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I've been using this foundation for over a year now and this seems to work well for my skin type. The texture blends well and wears well throughout the day. I really like the finish which leans more toward matte however, it doesn't exacerbate dry patches like many matte foundations do. I typically use this on top of Hourglass' Veil primer which gives it more staying power. I have oily skin so as with any foundation I use blotting powders throughout the day. The only drawback is the shade range. The NC range runs too yellow for my red undertones and the NW range is too pink/orange.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i have 2 shades of this, NC30 and NC35. I have very oily skin and I have big pores. I have tried other foundations like revlon colorstay but it was too heavy and looked ashy but with this one, it is perfect! It's looks like my 'second skin'. When I apply it, I use a stippling brush and it looks flawless and airbrushed especially if you make sure that you blend,blend, blend. A little amount of product is all I need, just a tiny drop. It doesn't look cakey, just beautiful matte finish which is perfect for oily skin. I also love how MAC has that very flexible shades. I use NC30 and NC35 alternately and both matches my skintone. I'm in love with MAC studio fix.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This has been a foundation that I have touted again and again that I despise-- despise!! I would use the harshest words describing my opinion of mac sff. BUT having the most oily and difficult skin on the planet, this is also a foundation that I just kept on trying to work with- as so many others continued to let me down, turning me into an oily, cakey mess within hours.
This is my review on how I finally got this foundation to work and be FLAWLESS. And how I can counter the things I once hated about it.

1) before purchasing I watched a utube tutorial suggesting you apply this w a dampened stipple brush... DO NOT DO THAT!!! This stuff falls apart if it comes into contact with water. You will have random patches of foundation on your face. This also will not work with damp beauty blender enthusiasts. The SA at mac used a 190 to apply this on me. I use a flat top foundation brush (like shi or the one from elf). They are definitely to be used DRY!!

2) I have always loved st Ives moisturizer. For some reason mac sff does not. I've learned that for some reason mineral oil based moisturizers tend to cause this to fade in patches off the face sooner. Of course - this foundation plays very well with mac moisturizers. It's AWESOME under macs oil control lotion and also looks really nice under strobe cream.

3) easy on the powder! I remember complaining how this oxidized Oompa Loompa orange on me. This is a powder based foundation. And many know powder tends to set darker on the skin. So if you add say sff and SF powder over it, you're going to look nice and matte BUT it's going to dry to an orange and very unnatural finish. It's also going to make you look liney and emphasize pores. I recommend not setting with powder, or if you are too oily like me and that's not an option, take a blush brush and barely dip it into the powder and go LIGHTLY around the face, focusing on t zone

Here is my routine and this is my new absolutely favorite routine!!

- moisturize face w mac oil control
- using mac "matte" as a primer, I add a tiniest bit just in the t zone where I "shine"
-I go lightly on the sff and make sure to stipple it into the skin well. This is heavy coverage so less is more.
- mac PLW concealer under eye (I don't need to conceal blemish marks bc sff is so awesome. I already look air brushed and nice)
-barely dragging my mac 129 over sf powder, I apply powder to my face-- just barely using any.

This lasts shine free for about 5 hours, start looking patchy after about 8. There is longer lasting foundations ala mac PLW or ELDW but IMHO they don't look nearly as nice.

I'm in love with this right now and I'll update any changes :))