MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by age: 30-35

3.5

I'm on the fence about this foundation..it has a painty smell to it when applying but it doesn't linger and it's rather thick. What I like about it is, it doesn't oxidize, not cakey (at least on me) and it lasts all day so I don't have to worry about it fading or coming off. I bought the NC 10 and I'm afraid it's too light, maybe if I repurchase I will try a slightly darker shade and be more satisfied.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

MAC foundations get talked about a lot, but I have really disliked every one that I have tried, though none as much as Studio Fix Fluid. First of all, why does it have to smell SO BAD? I have never tried another foundation that is this stinky, even from cheap brands like Wet n Wild. I don't think it looked very nice on the skin either, but instead was cakey and unflattering. Like all MAC foundations, it oxidized so badly on me that I looked super freaking orange. I don't think it is worth the price or the hype, especially for fairer skin tones that want to avoid oxidization.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

NC 15 in winter. NC25 in summer. Have been using this product for 4 years now and it's def HG for me! Coverage is a good medium but you can build it up. Color never oxidizes. Finish is natural matte. Lasts all day. Really a beautiful and reliable foundation. I have combo acne prone skin and this has NEVER irritated my skin or caused breakouts. I just love it and wear it everyday. I set it with L'Oréal infallible matte powder and this combo is gorgeous. Make sure skin is exfoliated and moisturized prior to application. I believe that's the key to allowing this product to really work its magic. Love!

Doesn't live up to the hype. Goes patchy, oxidises and rubs off easily. Looks Cakey and the lack of pump on the bottle annoys me. I hate wasting make up so I'll consider using the bottle on nights out in the dark where it only needs to last a few hours and nobody can see me close up.
I used a good primer and setting powder so I don't know why it was so terrible on my skin.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really like this foundation. I mix with a small amount of Weleda almond oil and gives a beautiful finish as can feel it can look a bit flat without, works great on my oily skin even with the oil added and got lots of compliments on how good my skin looked.
But I am nc35 and my first few bottles were great with a yellow undertone but the last bottle I bought is very orange and unwearable! Bought previously from Debenhams and the orange bottle directly from the mac website so definitely not fakes. Really not sure what happened but disappointed. Not sure I would buy again due to this.

I used this years ago and I liked the finish . It's very concentrated so start off with a bit. I like that it gives that perfected look. If I were to try it again I'd like to see if they have a more neutral shade NC is too yellow NW is ok on me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For reference: I am N15 with mostly dry but slightly combination skin - oily around immediate nose and slightly on forehead/chin. I am 33 years old with acne-prone skin around the chin/jawline which I treat with a prescription anti-acne product. Despite my acne-prone area, my foundations of preference tend to be dewy/glowy since the moisture helps to prevent fine lines/aging, and I can always target specific oil-prone areas with powder if need be. This foundation is cited as being non-acnegenic on MAC's website and did not cause extra acne for me while I used it.

To compare, my foundation go-to has been the dewy finish of L'oreal True Match Lumi in W1-2. I had thought I wanted something with more opaque coverage so I decided to try MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation. I deducted lippies for packaging because a pump should be included with the bottle for hygiene's sake rather than forcing clients to pay extra.

My application method is a layer of SPF moisturizer, followed by blending with the Real Techniques beauty sponge. I finished with MAC Pro Longer concealer and Laura Mercier translucent finishing powder. I touch up throughout the day with powder on nose approximately 3-4 times.

The foundation is advertised on the website as being oil-controlling and leaving a mattified effect. I think this foundation delivers what it promises on the website. The finish was *fairly* nice, it wasn't particularly awe-inspiring ("she has perfect skin!") but it wasn't as chalky as L'Oreal's classic True Match foundation ("she's definitely wearing foundation").

Ironically, even with my slightly oily T-zone, this foundation is too drying for me. I noticed that it was making the fine lines on my forehead become more pronounced because of its drying effect, and because it settled into those lines.

I have tried adding oil to this foundation to dilute/increase moisture. I have also tried not powdering my forehead. I have never had to do that before. Using both tactics, this foundation was still too drying for me.

I would recommend this product for someone whose face produces a lot more oil than mine, and who is looking for better quality than drugstore but not as expensive as comparable mattifying higher-end foundations from Marc Jacobs, Laura Mercier, Hourglass etc. Although the finish you get with those products would probably be more "skin" like.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

For the price, this is not something I will purchase again. I have combo skin and my T zone is super super oily at the end of the day with this foundation, in a way that hasn't been much of an issue with other products. I also don't find it lasts very long. If this was a drug store brand that cost $10 then maybe I would but its $30 in canada.

I find other drug store products to work just as well if not better than this therefore, I don't want to spend $30 on something if I can get better quality for much cheaper.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh my lord this foundation. No. just no. Luckily I just got a sample of NC 25 my tried and true color and put it on before going to see the Warriors play in Oakland. Anyways I put it on and it was completely ORANGE. It looked awful. Maybe it had oxidized while on display. I dunno but the finish looked heavy and it was orange. Ugh so ugly. I'll stick to my water weight or Mac mineralize when using a Mac foundation.