MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by age: 30-35

3.5

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really like this foundation. I mix with a small amount of Weleda almond oil and gives a beautiful finish as can feel it can look a bit flat without, works great on my oily skin even with the oil added and got lots of compliments on how good my skin looked.
But I am nc35 and my first few bottles were great with a yellow undertone but the last bottle I bought is very orange and unwearable! Bought previously from Debenhams and the orange bottle directly from the mac website so definitely not fakes. Really not sure what happened but disappointed. Not sure I would buy again due to this.

I used this years ago and I liked the finish . It's very concentrated so start off with a bit. I like that it gives that perfected look. If I were to try it again I'd like to see if they have a more neutral shade NC is too yellow NW is ok on me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For reference: I am N15 with mostly dry but slightly combination skin - oily around immediate nose and slightly on forehead/chin. I am 33 years old with acne-prone skin around the chin/jawline which I treat with a prescription anti-acne product. Despite my acne-prone area, my foundations of preference tend to be dewy/glowy since the moisture helps to prevent fine lines/aging, and I can always target specific oil-prone areas with powder if need be. This foundation is cited as being non-acnegenic on MAC's website and did not cause extra acne for me while I used it.

To compare, my foundation go-to has been the dewy finish of L'oreal True Match Lumi in W1-2. I had thought I wanted something with more opaque coverage so I decided to try MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation. I deducted lippies for packaging because a pump should be included with the bottle for hygiene's sake rather than forcing clients to pay extra.

My application method is a layer of SPF moisturizer, followed by blending with the Real Techniques beauty sponge. I finished with MAC Pro Longer concealer and Laura Mercier translucent finishing powder. I touch up throughout the day with powder on nose approximately 3-4 times.

The foundation is advertised on the website as being oil-controlling and leaving a mattified effect. I think this foundation delivers what it promises on the website. The finish was *fairly* nice, it wasn't particularly awe-inspiring ("she has perfect skin!") but it wasn't as chalky as L'Oreal's classic True Match foundation ("she's definitely wearing foundation").

Ironically, even with my slightly oily T-zone, this foundation is too drying for me. I noticed that it was making the fine lines on my forehead become more pronounced because of its drying effect, and because it settled into those lines.

I have tried adding oil to this foundation to dilute/increase moisture. I have also tried not powdering my forehead. I have never had to do that before. Using both tactics, this foundation was still too drying for me.

I would recommend this product for someone whose face produces a lot more oil than mine, and who is looking for better quality than drugstore but not as expensive as comparable mattifying higher-end foundations from Marc Jacobs, Laura Mercier, Hourglass etc. Although the finish you get with those products would probably be more "skin" like.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

For the price, this is not something I will purchase again. I have combo skin and my T zone is super super oily at the end of the day with this foundation, in a way that hasn't been much of an issue with other products. I also don't find it lasts very long. If this was a drug store brand that cost $10 then maybe I would but its $30 in canada.

I find other drug store products to work just as well if not better than this therefore, I don't want to spend $30 on something if I can get better quality for much cheaper.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh my lord this foundation. No. just no. Luckily I just got a sample of NC 25 my tried and true color and put it on before going to see the Warriors play in Oakland. Anyways I put it on and it was completely ORANGE. It looked awful. Maybe it had oxidized while on display. I dunno but the finish looked heavy and it was orange. Ugh so ugly. I'll stick to my water weight or Mac mineralize when using a Mac foundation.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This has been my go to foundation for 10+ years.. I have tried out/on several other brands but I always end up going back to Mac studiofix.

Perfect shade selection for my medium Tan complexion with yellow undertones (NC42-44), love the texture and it's matte velvety finish on my oily/combination skin, provides good coverage while still looking natural. Doesnt break me out.

Apply a primer and/or strobe cream underneath, apply the foundation with a brush, and top it off with my favorite powder MAC studiofix powder in NC 44,5 and my skin looks flawless.

If you have a similar skintone to mine and are still looking for the perfect shade of BB Cream do check out the Clarins Bb skin perfecting cream spf 25 in shade 03 dark. Finally found my match.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have oily, acne-prone skin.

I was initially mis-matched by a MAC store worker with the shade NC15 but soon realised that I was an NW10 due to my pink undertone.

I must say I did not like this foundation at ALL. It literally smells like paint. The application was smooth and easy to work with but it took forever to set. The finish is not quite matte like it says on the packaging, it is more semi-matte.

It looked really good on my skin at first but only after TWO HOURS my oil seeped through and I looked VERY CAKEY, it simply looked horrible.

While there is the option of a pump, you have to purchase it separately, which is completely ridiculous and insane, it should have just come with it to begin with. I am also not a fan of the glass bottle either, nor any glass packaging for that matter unless it is a perfume.

So to sum it all up, it is expensive, has a chemical/paint smell, takes forever to set, not completely matte but semi-matte, cakes on me after two hours and has terrible packaging.

I tried this foundation on several occasions and I ended up throwing it in the bin. I would advise people to stay away from this product if you are oily/acne-prone as well as accident-prone like me.

Very disappointing.

I always find myself coming back to this foundation.
So far, I'd have to say it's a favourite :)
Unfortunately it did take some trial and error to find my shade though.
Another downside is that it does transfer quite a bit but I've been testing out some finishing sprays so hopefully I find something to settle that issue.
This foundation has brilliant coverage which I love. It also lasts quite a long time DOUBLE LOVE!
I'd definitely repurchase :)

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Been using for 5 years but no more.. It doesn't cover well seperates on my forehead and makes patches when it's hot outside... Transfers and accentuates every line on my face and makes it look as if I have deep laugh lines .. Kind of gives my face a stern resting bitch look. I won't buy it I'm in search of a better full coverage foundation .. Any suggestions plz inbox me

My ultimate favourite foundation of all time!!!

I am NW20 in summer and NC20 in winter. This foundation gives perfect full coverage (no concealer needed), glides on smoothly, does not feel thick or cakey, does not dry the skin (can be used on dry or oily skins) and does not give breakouts. Plenty of shades available to match any skin colour.

Would have loved for his foundation to stay put a bit longer as it tends to rub off on clothes easily and gets patchy when you touch your face.