MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by age: 25-29

3.5

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is my go to high coverage foundation when I want to look flawless. It photographs well and is long lasting. I don't like using this as an everyday foundation because I find it a bit heavy feeling. Blends well. I prefer using a stippling brush for that airbrush finish. I can't wear it for more than 2 days straight or I'll start to break out. I was matched to NC40.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate to give one lippie & negative review about this cult foundation & MAC as a brand. But this is what I experienced with them..so, here I go! :)

About MAC:
- They have the rudest sales assistant EVER! How they speak to you, body languages, unwillingness to show products, and they alwaysss play with testers, ignoring you (now MAC counter in our biggest mall is closing down. Yay?!)
- They will give you side eye look if: you wear minimal makeup (yes I was looking for a new foundie), your makeup over the top than theirs (I have my makeup done by MUA, I was waiting for the party to start so I decided to strolling into makeup counters for killing time. The MAC sales assistant is talking behind your back. I heard them (something about eyebrows too bushy too. Thin eyebrows are on fleek back then!))
- Tester always runs out, especially lipstick
- Sales assistant (in the counter I visited) lacking knowledge about MAC products
- Sales assistant gave me wrong color of this Studio Fix Foundation (she gave NC42! When in MUFE I am Y235, around medium light/medium)

I use this Studio Fix Fluid about 10years ago. For a mere 2months then I tossed it (I gave it to my granny's maid)

What's GOOD about Studio Fix Fluid:
- Coverage (It covers my acne marks perfectly. I don't need concealer)
- Finishes (It's not matte or overly dewy on my combo skin. Just a right satiny finish)
- As far as I remembered, there's no whitecast (sorry I vaguely remembered, but it looks decent in photo (no flashback) albeit a bit orangey face compared to my chest/body)
- Pretty glass bottle

What's BAD:
- Bad color match (screw you sales assistant) NC42 gave me orange face!! Dust it with light colored powder didn't help. It just made me looking like powdered mochi. Dammit!
- The velvet cap easily got dirty
- No pumps. Pumps is expensive too
- I breakout horribly. I have all types of acnes (according to my dermatologist). Papules, pustules, cysts, and some nodules covered all my face! They put Algae on the ingredients whichhh years later (from other products with Algae in it too) I know I have bad reaction to Algae. After dermatologist visit, I tossed this foundie to the maid.

With acnes covering my entire face, this foundation definitely is NOT FOR ME. I steer out from foundie for a while after my dermatologist visit. It took me 4years to clear my acne...and with those rude sales assistant just NOPE. Yes, I still buy their lipstick, but from a private online shop :)

One of my holy grail foundations! NC10 is a perfect shade and SFF doesn't oxidize, which is a miracle for my combo/oily and very pale skin. The coverage is a solid medium but can be built up to almost full. I mix this with a BB cream to get a more natural, lighter coverage. I set with a translucent powder and All Nighter Spray, and my makeup lasts a good 10-12 hours. I wish it came with a pump (I mean, really MAC?) but the small, no nonsense packaging is great for a small bathroom.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product, when I use it at night and I know I'll be out for hours I use the product as it is. During day time wear I moisturize my face with rose gold elixir and it lightens my complexion and skin texture. It is heavy makeup so deep removal once it's not needed is a must. If you don't clean it properly you might get irritation, but that's almost all makeup products. I go workout and sweat and I still have my face perfectly covered.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

👎
Ok girls, so my skin is combo, dehydrated and sensitive. And to make it short, I hated this. First, I don't think the colour blends well. I tried different shades and couldn't find one that looks natural. Nw20 was the closest (I'm neutral) but still looks like I'm heavily madeup even if I only use a drop of the stuff.

I didn't like it bc
- It's really thick
- Coverage is higher than I wanted (I prefer to go for medium coverage)
- I couldn't find a shade that looks natural on me
- BREAKS me out bad!!!!!! (And my skin isn't even acne prone). Whenever I use the next day I get huge whiteheads that take forever to go away.
- Not a fan of the smell

Having said this, I got it bc a friend of mine uses it and she's delighted. Her skin type is normal/dry and it hasn't broken her out and it looks really natural on her. So... idk what to say. But I'm passing this on to her bc my skin doesn't like it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product gave me the worst cystic breakout. I am in my twenties and had gotten my skin under control for years. This made me feel like a teenager again in a bad way. It also itched my skin so there must be ingredients in here I am allergic to. I read that it is the talc, which is in a lot of MAC products and makes sense because nothing from MAC ever worked out for me. If you have sensitive skin, beware.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you like a full coverage flawless foundation you will LOVE Mac Studio Fix Fluid.
I have an oily T-zone, mild breakouts and this foundation lasts all day for me. I do notice it lasts longer when paired with my Mac Primer. This is basically a high end (better) version of Revlon Colorstay. So if you like that, you will love this. I wish the pump came with this foundation, but it's such a minor setback to how much I love this product. I will repurchase over and over =)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

God knows I've tried with this foundation. The Estée Lauder ones keep me matte all day. This one is literally like adding oil to my face by the hour. I use a matte primer, then the foundation, then bake with a loose powder, THEN add studio fix powder and it still ends up a horrific oily mess by 11am. Truly awful and certainly not for oily skin. I'll stick to my trusty Lauder, should of know better.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my favourite foundation for a couple of years but only after trying ELDW did I realise how bad this product is. I have oily skin and this foundation barely lasted until lunchtime, I found it easy to blend but would look incredibly orange. If you have oily skin like I do and want a long lasting, mattifying foundation, I wouldn't waste your money on this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was recommended this product by my Mac representative, as I was looking for something with full coverage and designed for oily skin. Straight after application it looks incredible, it has a gorgeous nice matte glow, however I found this foundation to last around two hours before it started to shine and bring oil to the surface. After a whole day the foundation was all but non existent. My skin broke out so bad after around two days use, everywhere that I had applied the product.