MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by age: 19-24

3.4

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Best foundation I have ever used. Amazing coverage, lasts all day and makes your skin look flawless!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my go-to foundations. Never looks cakey, keeps me pretty matte, colour is spot on (NW 13 for winter and can go up to NW20 in summer). This is the perfect foundation for all seasons. Wish the pump came with the product. Wear time is pretty good, generally stays looking nice for 12 hrs despite my oily skin. There is a slight flashback so be wary! One of the only foundations that have never broken me out!

I decided to go for this foundation after reading the good reviews and having only bought drugstore foundation in the past, I decided to invest in a better quality foundation. After trying a sample, I was pleased with my result so I decided to buy one. However, the more I used it the less I liked it. It doesn't cover up my blemishes, it clings to dry patches and gets oily very quickly. It oxidises and doesn't last very long. Will not be buying again.

It's hard not to give this 5 stars. I've been looking for a foundation for a while that went well with my skin. I have tried so many different foundations within the last year I have almost given up. I found myself wondering into the MAC store one afternoon and asked one of the artists to help me find a good foundation. I have dry skin but I also tend to get pretty shiny through my T-zone. I have small pores and not too much that needs concealing. I had previously tried the waterweight foundation and it clung to pores and separated on dry spots. She brought this foundation out (along with a ton of other products to moisturize prior to application) and I loved it. At first I wasn't sold but the longer it sat on my face and started to set the more I liked it. The color she put on me seemed slightly too dark. My face neck and chest are quite a bit lighter than the rest of my body so I decided to go with just a shade lighter and WOW. The shade changed dramatically. I really don't know all of the shades offered but the one I have now is very very white. I am pretty pale anyway, I just added a little bronzer and color on the cheeks and it looks fine but I was shocked to see the dramatic difference in the two shades. It is very important to moisturize before using this foundation, it will stick to dry spots. I get dry around my nose and eyebrows so now I just apply face oil in those areas and moisturizer my face with a really good hydrating moisturizer and I’m set. I also use the Mac prep and set hydrating setting spray. Overall I think this is a really good foundation for everyone. It gets a little shiny but not anything uncontrollable, especially if you set it with a powder (if your really oily). The finish is a silky matte and it doesn’t feel heavy on the face. Oh and coverage is more sheer to maaaybe medium if you good at layering properly :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had NC25 match for the pro long wear concealer so I purchased the same shade online lol WTF it's so orangy and much darker than my usually shade. And it oxidizes. I agree that the coverage and the finish are good, so I tried to mix it with my lighter foundations and none of them went well with this foundation and the finish turned horribly cakey or broke down in minutes. So disappointed tbh

Okay so honestly... I love this. I realize that MAC was the "It Girl" brand on YouTube back in the 2007-2012 days and a lot of people have moved onto other trendy makeup companies chasing the latest fads. But recently I decided to revisit good 'ol MAC and pick up a few of the cult classics. The artist at the MAC store matched me to the new shade NC10 which blended seamlessly into my porcelain skin. I am so thrilled that MAC created this beautiful pale shade that does not lean pink nor yellowy even though its an NC shade its one of the most neutral PPP shades I've ever come across. Nars Siberia is a little too yellow, KVD #41 is ghostly white with a pinky undertone, ELDW 1N1 Ivory Nude is a hair too dark etc... you get the point. Pale girls know that there is always something a little off about so many ivory shades on the market.

Studio Fix Fluid is a medium to full coverage foundation with a thick liquid consistency and a glamorous matte finish. The bottle doesn't come with a pump which is annoying but what else is new I guess. This foundation has a very skin-perfecting finish it makes you look like an airbrushed doll. I find its one of the few foundations that doesn't require a primer underneath but you do want to make sure you moisturize. The MAC artist explained that this foundation contains powder particles which makes it long lasting and lends to the beautiful finish that looks amazing in photographs. I have a combo/dry skin type and I prefer not to set my entire face with powder during the winter otherwise it looks too matte and chalky especially since I'm so pale.
Studio Fix Fluid lasts beautifully on the skin but I wouldn't say its one of those transfer-resistant, sweat-resistant, hurricane-resistant, tsunami-resistant foundations. There are days in my life where I need 6-8 hours of solid wear but not necessarily ultra concrete type of wear like ELDW. I don't always need my makeup to last 12+ hours on my face. I think this foundation is worth another try for people who want that flawless base and I love the fact its less expensive than other high-end brands.

EDIT: I still like this foundation and continue to use it regularly. However, I have noticed something peculiar. I bought another bottle in NC15 to mix in with the NC10 I already had. After a few weeks of having the bottle of NC15 it seems like the makeup in the bottle has oxidized and gone a little orangey, When I swatched the foundation on my hand it wasn't the fair golden shade I had purchased from the MAC counter. It has now changed color and is unwearable for me even if I mix it with NC10. I remember having the same thing happen to me last summer when I bought it in NC20 to match my fake tan and the shade was perfect --- after a month or so the foundation had gone darker and had an orange tint. What the hell is up with this?

This is the best foundation I've found so far. it has heavy yet natural-looking coverage (once it sets) that lasts for most of the day. I usually have trouble finding a foundation that is light enough for my skin and doesn't make it look orange but this foundation fits the bill (my shade is NW10, the lightest one). However, this foundation does dry out my skin some so I have to be very diligent about moisturizing before and after wearing it. I would also prefer if it had a pump.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

My new HG.

Before i say anything i just want to praise the pricing cause this looks just as good as a foundation twice or three times its price and stays on longer too.

This foundation is definitely a strong medium to full if you layer it and the best part is that it looks amazing in pictures. Thats the one thing that makes it better than any other foundation i own. Its finish is beautiful as well so another bonus there.

Edit: I can't believe how far a little bit of this ends up "gliding" across your face. It's incredible. I didn't realize how amazing this foundation was until I tried others for a while and then applied this again today and was FLOORED at how amazing it was. I would prefer this 100x over the Nars one I tried, the urban decay (although that one stays on for a long time and does look quite flawless), the mufe HD, kat von d, YSL all hours etc. I don't know how long a bottle lasts for other people but at 34 CAN I'm not complaining just because of how beautiful it is and how it stays on all day without a primer, without powder-although powdering your face will help a loot.
Honestly before you even read the rest of this review just go try it like....I now know why I kept buying different foundation after foundation before. I hope MAC sells this forever.

I have oily skin and it keeps a lot of oil at bay even 7 ish hours later. People always xomment on how oily my skin is when i use other foundations so this just makes this better for me.

Im an nc42 and the color does come off more yellow compared to my nars or luminous silk but it looks really good regardless.

Im trying so hard to contain my excitement about this product but i feel like ive finally come across the best foudnation and possibly only foundation im goimg to be using from now on.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Very average foundation.
Initially when i bought it, it worked alright (and the hype around mac make me like it).
But, as I used it I realized it's drying, sticks to dry patches, dull and does nothing spectacular. (For reference, I have oily skin. I cannot imagine dry skinned women wearing this).

I have switched to other foundations now, but search for HG continues...

I dig this foundation it last a long time. Good color selection. If you have dry skin like me make sure you moisturize and prime. I find the best way to apply it is with a sponge. The smells is kind of funky but it goes away also I wish it came with a pump but you can't win em all.