MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by age: 19-24

3.4

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like to keep this in my stash but it wouldn't be my 'go-to' choice.

The product itself comes in quite elegant packaging, nice glass bottle but with a pump sold separate. In fact, I had bought this online only to realise I needed the pump so I had to go to the MAC store anyway and fork out €5 for a piece of plastic. Ridiculous really considering I paid €32 for this. One could argue that you don't 'need' the pump, but trust me.. it gets messy without it.

On the plus side, the coverage is good: it gives medium, buildable coverage, which I find perfectly suitable for most days, and it’s also fairly matte, so it helps combat my oily areas. As a very pale person, I picked up NW10 which was a decent enough colour match, if not a little bit too pink toned.

As for the negatives, there is a couple that comes to mind. First and foremost is that Studio Fix is not very forgiving when it comes to dry patches on my skin which isn't ideal because I have combination skin prone to dehydration. And secondly, the formula is not as blendable as it markets itself to be. There's also a slightly chemical smell, but that doesn't bother me too much.

Final thoughts wise, although I do like it, it’s not quite ‘Holy Grail’ material for me. Once I’ve used it up, I’ll probably try something else. I wouldn’t rule out going back to it in future, though, if only because it’s one of the few foundations out there that actually is pale enough for my skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I had oily skin when I first purchased this foundation in November & when I first used it I hated it because it was so dry!! But I mixed it in with some enhancer drops and I loved it! Now however it's made my skin SO oily, I do wear it everyday and have since then. This foundation has never broke me out but it has definitely made my skin the oiliest it's EVER been. Now with a primer and setting it, it doesn't last more than 2 hours :(

Great colour and coverage however not long lasting and has made my skin oiler

I really love the consistency of this foundation and the way it feels on my skin. It has great coverage and builds up well. I really like it as it is one of the few foundations that won't break me out. However, I find it extremely hard to match a MAC foundation to my skin. They are all either too yellow or too pink for my skin and I find it very frustrating.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Pros
Good coverage
Smooth finish
Easy to blend
Cons
BROKE ME OUT !!!
Thick

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm a fan of this foundation. I have this in the shade NC45, and I never have purchased the pump that is sold separately for this because I honestly can't be bothered. I apply this with a beauty blender, and it provides me with medium coverage. I tend to mix it with L'Oreal's True Match (Creme Cafe) foundation so I can get a better colour match. After application, my skin looks immaculate. I may have to go in afterwards with concealer to cover my acne scarring, but it's very little. My only issue with this is, if I don't use a good primer with this, my T-Zone gets hella shiny after a few hours. However, I've been using this since I was 17, and it has always been one of my top choices.

I feel like people either love or hate this foundation. Personally, I am really enjoying it. It's very smoothing and it glides onto my skin really nicely (for reference I pair it with a la base Lancome primer). It's also a high coverage foundation, which I appreciate because it means I don't have to add much concealer afterwards! It also stays put all day (however I do use a UD setting spray so maybe that plays a part in it). As for the whole oxidizing problem a lot of people talk about, I haven't found that personally.
I also like this foundation because it does give a glow but it's not too greasy and tacky like some glowy foundations, which is good because my skin does get oily throughout the day.
All in all, I really like it and would recommend for all skin types really!
The worst part about this product has to be the packaging, an absolute nightmare to get it out with no pump due to the thick consistency, other that, all good!

THIS WAS MY FIRST FOUNDATION AND I WAS SO HAPPY AT THE BEGINNING WITH
THE FINISH AND THE COVERAGE, BUT 4 MONTHS LATER I START TO SEE THAT EVERYTIME I USE THE FOUNDATION THE COLOR OXIDES TWO COLORS MORE AND IT TRANSFERS SO BAD
I HAVE TO STOP USING IT BECAUSE OF THE OXIDATION OF COLOR THE TRANSFERS AND ALSO ITS TO OILY
THE ONLY GOOD THING IS THE COVERAGE

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

First of all i would like to say that mac was the first range of products i used when i just got into non-drugstore makeup. Tbh i have tried macs different foundations, specially the matchmaster. I wouldn't say the studio fix fluid is anything special. I didn't hate this product but i won't buy it again. It is better than other drug store foundations, but some drugstore foundations work just as well. I found that this broke me out, as most mac products, and it wore off real quick in the day. Not worth the price in the long run though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It's a nice, medium coverage foundation. I got this one in NC15, which is actually a bit too dark for me. Now, in summer, I can get away with it, but I won't buy it again for the winter.
It stays on my face for at least 5-6 hours, without primer and powder. The two mayor problems that I had with this foundation are the smell and the break-out on my face. I've never had problems with any foundation, only with this one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product clogged my pores and broke me out a lot if I used it too many times in a row.