MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by age: 19-24

3.4

Okay so honestly... I love this. I realize that MAC was the "It Girl" brand on YouTube back in the 2007-2012 days and a lot of people have moved onto other trendy makeup companies chasing the latest fads. But recently I decided to revisit good 'ol MAC and pick up a few of the cult classics. The artist at the MAC store matched me to the new shade NC10 which blended seamlessly into my porcelain skin. I am so thrilled that MAC created this beautiful pale shade that does not lean pink nor yellowy even though its an NC shade its one of the most neutral PPP shades I've ever come across. Nars Siberia is a little too yellow, KVD #41 is ghostly white with a pinky undertone, ELDW 1N1 Ivory Nude is a hair too dark etc... you get the point. Pale girls know that there is always something a little off about so many ivory shades on the market.

Studio Fix Fluid is a medium to full coverage foundation with a thick liquid consistency and a glamorous matte finish. The bottle doesn't come with a pump which is annoying but what else is new I guess. This foundation has a very skin-perfecting finish it makes you look like an airbrushed doll. I find its one of the few foundations that doesn't require a primer underneath but you do want to make sure you moisturize. The MAC artist explained that this foundation contains powder particles which makes it long lasting and lends to the beautiful finish that looks amazing in photographs. I have a combo/dry skin type and I prefer not to set my entire face with powder during the winter otherwise it looks too matte and chalky especially since I'm so pale.
Studio Fix Fluid lasts beautifully on the skin but I wouldn't say its one of those transfer-resistant, sweat-resistant, hurricane-resistant, tsunami-resistant foundations. There are days in my life where I need 6-8 hours of solid wear but not necessarily ultra concrete type of wear like ELDW. I don't always need my makeup to last 12+ hours on my face. I think this foundation is worth another try for people who want that flawless base and I love the fact its less expensive than other high-end brands.

EDIT: I still like this foundation and continue to use it regularly. However, I have noticed something peculiar. I bought another bottle in NC15 to mix in with the NC10 I already had. After a few weeks of having the bottle of NC15 it seems like the makeup in the bottle has oxidized and gone a little orangey, When I swatched the foundation on my hand it wasn't the fair golden shade I had purchased from the MAC counter. It has now changed color and is unwearable for me even if I mix it with NC10. I remember having the same thing happen to me last summer when I bought it in NC20 to match my fake tan and the shade was perfect --- after a month or so the foundation had gone darker and had an orange tint. What the hell is up with this?

This is the best foundation I've found so far. it has heavy yet natural-looking coverage (once it sets) that lasts for most of the day. I usually have trouble finding a foundation that is light enough for my skin and doesn't make it look orange but this foundation fits the bill (my shade is NW10, the lightest one). However, this foundation does dry out my skin some so I have to be very diligent about moisturizing before and after wearing it. I would also prefer if it had a pump.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

My new HG.

Before i say anything i just want to praise the pricing cause this looks just as good as a foundation twice or three times its price and stays on longer too.

This foundation is definitely a strong medium to full if you layer it and the best part is that it looks amazing in pictures. Thats the one thing that makes it better than any other foundation i own. Its finish is beautiful as well so another bonus there.

I have oily skin and it keeps a lot of oil at bay even 7 ish hours later. People always xomment on how oily my skin is when i use other foundations so this just makes this better for me.

Im an nc42 and the color does come off more yellow compared to my nars or luminous silk but it looks really good regardless.

Im trying so hard to contain my excitement about this product but i feel like ive finally come across the best foudnation and possibly only foundation im goimg to be using from now on.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Very average foundation.
Initially when i bought it, it worked alright (and the hype around mac make me like it).
But, as I used it I realized it's drying, sticks to dry patches, dull and does nothing spectacular. (For reference, I have oily skin. I cannot imagine dry skinned women wearing this).

I have switched to other foundations now, but search for HG continues...

I dig this foundation it last a long time. Good color selection. If you have dry skin like me make sure you moisturize and prime. I find the best way to apply it is with a sponge. The smells is kind of funky but it goes away also I wish it came with a pump but you can't win em all.

Buildable coverage is a plus. But a verry Confusing shade range and I am Turned off by the smell. I could have liked this founation but I cant give it more than a 3 because of the smell. Its too much.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my holy grail foundation. It's a solid medium to full coverage foundation. If you apply one pump, it stays medium and looks very natural. Two pumps gets you full coverage and looks amazing. My skin is very textured with pit scarring and this is one of the few foundations that makes my skin look its best. Another big reason why this is a HG for me are the compliments! I get so many compliments when I wear this, but not when I wear other foundations. I like to set this with a loose transculent powder (press and roll with a puff), buff Studio Fix powder on top, and set with setting spray for the ultimate beat face. The only downside to this foundation is that it doesn't have much oil control for my VERY oily skin. But honestly, I haven't found a foundation that has kept me shine free other than the Kevyn Aucoin sensual skin enhancer. I don't find that I break out from this either! I always come back to this foundation!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best foundation I've tried. It's matte, does not oxidise and has excellent lasting power (when powdered correctly). There is a good shade range but many shades do run a bit orange. I personally mix a couple of shades for my perfect match.

This is matte but does not make me look dead like estee lauder double wear. Its light and does not feel or look heavy or cakey. You can apply less for a natural look or more for high coverage.

Overall, a great foundation

Oh mac. What am i going to do with u?
I have normal skin type and oily on my nose. I have a job that rarely lets me touch up. And i wear my foundation on adverage 10hours a day.

The climate i singapore is always humid. I put on this foundation and i didnt look like i had a good make up day for some reason. I powdered with rcma no color powder lightly. Over my face. Went about my day.

I notice after 6 hours my face actually looks shiny. Nothing a blot wont help. What bothers me is it settles in super fine lines all over my forehead.

And my pores. Omg. I never notice them like i did today. It was like theyre screaming at me "LOOK HERE!" I did applied this with a flat top kabuki brush. I shall give it another shot and this time with a beauty blender.

For now tho. I dont quite like it. Another disappointment from all the hype.

Recently i got my hand on mac studio fix fluid SPF15 NW18..i really like this foundation..it long last for all day its have matte finish medium coverage..i have a combination skin my T-Zone is oily and other part is normal.when i wear other foundation at the mid day my T-Zone looks so shiny beacause of oily T-Zone but when i use this foundation it looks all day matte.i really love this foundation how well it works on my skin..easy to blend,nice coverage,matte finish,long lasting...
i will repurchase this foundation <3 love love this