MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by age: 19-24

3.4

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation so much. I don't know why people hate on the smell of it, I love it and the color range is amazing! By far in my top 3! Coming in 2nd!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

First, let me say the fact that you have to buy the pump separately is ridiculous.

This is the first time I've gone in for a 'high end' foundation. I wanted something that was light enough for my skin with enough coverage to hid my shame. In terms of coverage I'd call it medium, and the shade NC10 is a perfect match for me. It does seem slightly patchy really close up, but from a normal distance it looks great and wears well (haven't tested it long haul yet).
Unfortunate con: It smells horrid so bear that in mind.

I tend to apply foundation with my fingers and then blend out with a damp sponge... not sure if this is the best method for this foundation so will have to experiment.

Always lasts the whole day on me whether I wear powder or not, some people hate the smell but weirdly enough I like it. Doesn't break me out, amazing coverage :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really want to like this product, but there are so many things that just don't work out for me. First off, the packaging is awful - I had to pay $10 for a separate pump that could've easily been worked into the product. The color match is also a bit of a problem. I am a NC20 in the prolong wear foundation (which is my perfect match), but NC20 in this range is at least a shade darker and made me look ridiculously yellow.

It's advertised as a full-coverage foundation, but I think its more of a fuller medium. It doesn't quite cover much of the redness I have on my cheeks which requires additional full coverage concealer. This also isn't that amazing against oil. It'll last, but the oil will still peak through at around the 6 hour mark and the foundation around my nose will start breaking down.

I had high expectations for this foundation and they were definitely not met, but let's start with the positives. The colour is almost perfect which is hard to find when you're quite fair skinned, It has spf 15 which is a bonus and it managed to keep my oily t-zone in check. Now on to the negatives, the packaging is bland and you have to buy a separate pump for it which for the price it should come with a gold one, the product doesn't like to come out easily but maybe that's just my bottle, and the coverage while full it wears off within 6 hours. Overall for the price I would not buy again but it's also not the worst foundation I've used.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

There's a reason why this foundation has such a huge cult following - it's amazing! It's matte, medium to full coverage and creates a flawless base for almost all skin types. It is definitely more of an night time/event foundation as it is more heavy looking on the skin but honestly, I like it during the day as well! If you're into more full coverage glam foundations you will love this especially for night time. And an added bonus, It photographs exceptionally well!

The only downside to the Mac studio fix fluid is that it doesn't come with a pump which can make it ridiculously annoying. You can purchase a pump on the side but I think that's a major inconvenience, personally.

My go to foundation!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is one of the weirdest foundations ever. I have been using this because it's in my project pan and I have completely used it up. I use a beauty sponge and it applies medium coverage (but it's buildable). It is one of those foundations where the primer must work well with it - I have found that silicone primers work best with this. The reason for this is because the foundation is slightly drying. At the end of the day, some of my foundation has faded and my face, in general, looks dry and crusty. If I use a mattifying primer with this, it will just be worse.

The price point for this isn't bad and I would suggest that you wear this on shorter/low-key days.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After wearing this foundation for almost a year, sporadically, I finally threw it out. This was my very first non-drugstore foundation and it was totally not right for me.

The MAC SA recommended this even though I had dry skin because I wanted a fuller-coverage foundation. This made my face actually burn when I applied it and dried my skin out so bad my face and any acne spots would hurt during the day. I have since NEVER had any issue with any other drugstore or high-end foundations before or since. There is something in this that is just bad for sensitive and dry skins.

Once I got this on my face, I found it cakey when applied with a brush and patchy with a sponge. It let a lot of my redness show through in patches and I don't have that much redness. With a sponge, I also find when it's applied with a sponge, it sticks to the sponge and quickly creates this weird dry, sticky, hard shell on it that makes it almost impossible to blend the rest of it in.

The final nail in the coffin for me is the packaging. This has been around for however long and it's the only MAC foundation without a pump. For how much this costs, it should at least have a way of dispensing it that isn't pouring it out onto your hand.

HARD pass. I literally have no idea how some people are able to use and love it.

This is my second bottle after I ran out of the last one a year ago. I bought but never finished about 5 foundations in the meantime and I just had to get back to this one. Great foundation, it does what is says and has an impressive colour range. NC15 matches my skin colour beautifully. I do have to moisturise my skin very well and I need a primer to keep the foundation in place, but after setting it with a powder, this foundation isn't going anywhere. A tip received from a beauty blogger is to use a tiny bit of translucent powder on top of the primer, underneath the foundations. It works wonders and keeps my skin matte for a good 12 hours. I use a wet beauty blender so the foundation is a little less thick on my skin and it blends wonderfully.

Though I read some of you saying that it causes break outs, it's not what I experienced. I have a very oily T zone with huge pores that tend to clog, but I haven't encountered a pimple other than on the usual spots. Because of the foundation's thickness, it does need proper cleaning after using it (which is why I use cleaning wipes, miccelar water AND washing it afterwards).

1 lippy less because you have to buy the pump separately. That's about the only ridiculous thing about this MAC foundation.