Dermalogica PreCleanse

Dermalogica PreCleanse

4.1

Not tested on animals

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, PEG-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Oils Of: Borago Officinalis Seed, Aleurites Moluccana Seed, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel, Lavandula Hybrida, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel; Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Decyl Olive Esters, Tocopherol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.

on 8/20/2017 10:06:00 AM

I love this product. It cleans my sweat and oil quite well.

I have read several reviews saying it didnt work for people. Did a dermatologist or skin aesthetician recommend it? I ask because I have a ton of allergies. This and the other ultra calming products work well for me. I cant use any of the age smart products with retinol or the day time brightening sunscreen. There are variations in these formulas which truly require a professional to get started. If you purchase from a professional, and you have an issue, they refund your money in full. Also, there is no markup.

I love this company and the face products.

on 8/15/2017 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. I have oily skin and I love how it melts my foundation off to prevent clogged pores. It smells so good. It feels very calming.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Not my favorite cleansing oil, especially for the high price it costs. I found it to be a bit drying for my skin. Ymmv. But it is effective at removing my mascara and eyeliner, and smells wonderful, like something you would smell at a spa. I prefer my Innisfree Green Tea balancing cleansing oil over this, which has a less runny/slightly thicker consistency. Edited my review to note that I bought the pump bottle and it is somehow leaking at the top. Poor packaging! I see a ring of oil on my vanity every time I pick up this bottle. This never happens with my Innisfree! If you still want to try this, Ulta carries a trial version for $10 (comes with gel cleanser too).

on 8/14/2017 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I bought the Precleanse years ago as I've always used oil to remove my makeup as I love heavy duty mascara.

While the Precleanse certainly removes my makeup, it also stings the hell out of my eyes! I've since switched to Banila's Clean it Zero which melts my makeup away even quicker, doesn't sting my eyes and is half the price of this product.

For the life of me I do not understand the great ratings for the product, I am definitely not repurchasing.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been using PreCleanse from the moment it went on the shelves, and it's one of my all-time favourite Dermalogica products, alongside their Daily Microfoliant. I always look forward to using it in the morning, as I enjoy the gentle sensation of its ingredients melting away the excessive oils produced by my greasy skin. It's also an incredibly thorough make-up remover that sees to any remnants left behind. It softens and relaxes the skin, and prepares it both for cleansing and make-up application. A definite must-have.

My only issue with it is its packaging. Whatever you do, do not take the pump bottle with you on holiday if you've already opened it. It will leak all over your stuff, and you really don't want that considering its texture and its price. My Dermalogica therapist recommended you buy a travel sized PreCleanse bottle, and hang onto it for refilling every time you're going away. Alternatively, try to get your hands on a few samples!

Goal: clean face
Outcome: oily skin, clogged pores, acne
The bottle: Unpractical

would i reccomend? hell no.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I double cleanse and usually resort to Sunday Riley Blue Moon Cleansing Balm. I thought that one did a great job...this one is AWESOME! It emusfies into a milky texture once water hits it. My only complaint is that this stuff stings like the dickens if it gets in my eyes. Fiery! It truly does remove all my makeup....even the waterproof stuff. And a Lil goes a long,long way. Do not apply a huge amount to skin because it only takes half a pump to take care of the whole face. Would I repurchase this? Most definitely!

This product is fantastic - it gets every scrap of makeup off my face. I can use it on my whole face - even my eyes and it doesn't sting. Because it's a pre-cleanser, you're supposed to use another cleanser to get rid of the residue. I just use Garnier Micellar Water with a cotton pad, then splash my face with cold water followed by moisturiser.

on 2/20/2017 7:28:00 PM

I decided to give this a go after seeing pretty positive reviews across the board. The first time I tried it i was lucky enough to get a sample size, I'm not cheap, but $50 for a bottle of product I won't use is just not happening, ever. I went back for the bottle the next week!

I use proactive 3 step as my daily routine (only thing that keeps the acne away) but it's not very effective at removing my makeup and most wipes etc break me out like crazy. This is an absolute godsend. I was wary at first as its an oil product (the word oil scares me, and I think it's enough to make a pimple form from thoughts) but I've only had positive responses from my skin. It is super effective at getting any trace of makeup off in one shot, and trust me I use some heavy duty foundations. It leaves my skin feeling refreshed and simply clean. It's got a very light scent, that's just pleasant as with most dermalogica products I've come across.

If you're feeling like your day to day skincare isn't really eliminating all your makeup, takes 2+ goes to get it all off or isnt truly cleaning dirt/excess oil from your pores I would definitely recommend giving it a go! If you use heavy foundations especially, this will make a huge difference to your makeup removal at the end of the day.

on 12/13/2016 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

As much as I wanted love brand Dermalogica for what I have read, I can not. Expensive and not working well.
Some of their mask caused me allergic reaction (the mud one) and this pro cleanser was literally hell (i mean it) to my skin.
My skin is normal, but can get oily... after using this cleanser, my skin became greasy, with a lot of clogged pores, redness and breaks and it took me weeeeks to get rid of it.
That was one part. The another cons is that I had feeling I need to use sometimes a lot of it to clean my skin. It felt like putting butter on my face, so my mascara was everywhere.
I promise you that even the cheapest soap will clean your skin, mascara or make up better then this without making skin oily.