Dermalogica PreCleanse

Dermalogica PreCleanse

4.1

Not tested on animals

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, PEG-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Oils Of: Borago Officinalis Seed, Aleurites Moluccana Seed, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel, Lavandula Hybrida, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel; Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Decyl Olive Esters, Tocopherol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Not my favorite cleansing oil, especially for the high price it costs. I found it to be a bit drying to my skin. But it is effective at removing my mascara and eyeliner, and smells wonderful, like something you would smell at a spa. I prefer my Innisfree Green Tea balancing cleansing oil over this, which has a less runny/slightly thicker consistency.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I double cleanse and usually resort to Sunday Riley Blue Moon Cleansing Balm. I thought that one did a great job...this one is AWESOME! It emusfies into a milky texture once water hits it. My only complaint is that this stuff stings like the dickens if it gets in my eyes. Fiery! It truly does remove all my makeup....even the waterproof stuff. And a Lil goes a long,long way. Do not apply a huge amount to skin because it only takes half a pump to take care of the whole face. Would I repurchase this? Most definitely!

This product is fantastic - it gets every scrap of makeup off my face. I can use it on my whole face - even my eyes and it doesn't sting. Because it's a pre-cleanser, you're supposed to use another cleanser to get rid of the residue. I just use Garnier Micellar Water with a cotton pad, then splash my face with cold water followed by moisturiser.

on 2/20/2017 7:28:00 PM

I decided to give this a go after seeing pretty positive reviews across the board. The first time I tried it i was lucky enough to get a sample size, I'm not cheap, but $50 for a bottle of product I won't use is just not happening, ever. I went back for the bottle the next week!

I use proactive 3 step as my daily routine (only thing that keeps the acne away) but it's not very effective at removing my makeup and most wipes etc break me out like crazy. This is an absolute godsend. I was wary at first as its an oil product (the word oil scares me, and I think it's enough to make a pimple form from thoughts) but I've only had positive responses from my skin. It is super effective at getting any trace of makeup off in one shot, and trust me I use some heavy duty foundations. It leaves my skin feeling refreshed and simply clean. It's got a very light scent, that's just pleasant as with most dermalogica products I've come across.

If you're feeling like your day to day skincare isn't really eliminating all your makeup, takes 2+ goes to get it all off or isnt truly cleaning dirt/excess oil from your pores I would definitely recommend giving it a go! If you use heavy foundations especially, this will make a huge difference to your makeup removal at the end of the day.

on 12/13/2016 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

As much as I wanted love brand Dermalogica for what I have read, I can not. Expensive and not working well.
Some of their mask caused me allergic reaction (the mud one) and this pro cleanser was literally hell (i mean it) to my skin.
My skin is normal, but can get oily... after using this cleanser, my skin became greasy, with a lot of clogged pores, redness and breaks and it took me weeeeks to get rid of it.
That was one part. The another cons is that I had feeling I need to use sometimes a lot of it to clean my skin. It felt like putting butter on my face, so my mascara was everywhere.
I promise you that even the cheapest soap will clean your skin, mascara or make up better then this without making skin oily.

on 9/26/2016 9:29:00 PM

this is a great product. It works well to remove make up and does not irritate my sensitive fair skin. I reduced the rating from 5 to 4 just because of the exorbitant cost. Burts Bees oil face wash does the same job at a fraction of the cost.

on 8/9/2016 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I don't care for oil cleansers or precleansers. They always make my skin feel greasy and unclean.

I almost always break out when I try these, and I've tried at least a dozen.

If I want oil on my face, I use rose, pumpkin, jojoba and meadow foam seed oil that I mix myself. This seems to absorb, and doesn't leave me feeling greasy.

This oil sat on top, loosened any dirt and oils, and then I cleanse with essential cleanser. I like the cleansing of Philosophy Purity better, and it is only one step.

In winter, I like the oil cleansing method when it gets super dry, but this one was just a miss for me.

on 6/13/2016 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was looking forward to using this after having a facial. Loved the smell and the idea of using it. I used it for 2 weeks before I started breaking out. I was using this along with the Age Smart Dermalogica range but within 2 weeks, I broke out so severe, I was referred to the doctor when I went to the chemist. My breakout turned into a bacterial infection requiring antibiotics. I've been in recluse for a week, hiding out my repulsive face. Never, have I ever had the amount of breakouts as I did with this. Never. And i'm 45 so shouldn't be having them now. Very disappointed. Returned it immediately and won't buy this range again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have had acne since I was young because of excessive sebum production. This precleanse has really been a saving grace for me. My skin is cleaner and clearer than ever before. It does a great job of removing makeup (although I usually use a makeup remover first) and clearing my disgusting sebum clogs. I finally have normal skin rather than oily, dry or combination. It is expensive but is soooo worth it. My number one complaint is that the pump bottle leaks. I have had three bottles of the precleanse and every single one has leaked.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I want to preface this review by saying that both my sister and I suffer from hereditary hormonal cystic acne in our 20's. My sister is an aesthetician who was trained using Dermalogica products while she was in aesthetics school. She found the products to be of high quality and effective on her own acne prone skin. Therefor, when she graduated and went on to work in skin care salons, she was only interested in working for locations that used Dermalogica products.

Due to my sister's ~connections~, she often gives me samples to try or excess product from her personal stash. I have tried a multitude of cleansers for acne, both Dermalogica and not.

At night, I use Dermalogica Precleanse to take off my makeup and cleanse my skin of dirt. Once I rinse that off, I follow it up with Ultra Calming Cleanser. Precleanse is both gentle and strong enough to remove my makeup and combat my tendency to get clogged pores.

Since trying this cleanser, I have repurchased it several times over. I have probably been using it for at least two years and I have no reason to look for a replacement. Dermalogica is a great company! The only reason I took off two lippies is the price, but I find that it really is worth the cost.