Dermalogica PreCleanse

Dermalogica PreCleanse

4.1

Not tested on animals

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, PEG-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Oils Of: Borago Officinalis Seed, Aleurites Moluccana Seed, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel, Lavandula Hybrida, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel; Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Decyl Olive Esters, Tocopherol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.

on 8/23/2018 9:59:00 PM

Very good oil cleanser.

I used this when I started esthetician school and this makes a big difference for the rest of your skin care regimen. The scent is lavender and has a thin, fluid consistency. I feel it does get your skin clean and prepped for your cleanser.

This does get expensive even with a pro discount but I highly recommend to anyone that wears makeup and sunscreen everyday.

on 6/8/2018 7:52:00 AM

I've been using Dermalogica's precleanse (the version with a pump) for almost 6 months now and I am really happy with it. It is an excellent make-up remover and my skin (which is normally very sensitive) seems to like it - no breakouts or dry patches. It smells lovely (lavender oil) and is very easy to use.

The main reason why I gave it 4/5 for overall rating is that it seems to be slightly harsh if you use too much of it, especially around the eye area. It has caused some redness around my eyes, and I asked my therapist why this may be the case, and she said I'm probably using too much of it or rubbing too much, both of which was apparently the case because, since I've stopped doing so, my skin isn't red anymore.

As for price, I agree with some of the other reviews that it's not the cheapest product ever. However, it really lasts long! I've purchased my last bottle three months ago, and still have half of it despite using it on a daily basis. So, in case you decide to splurge on this, you'll see that a little goes a long way.

Overall, I am really happy with this product and I'm buying it again! :)

on 5/30/2018 2:29:00 PM

Decent/okay cleansing oil. But it's very expensive and not as good as other oil cleansers that are out there IMO. My favorites are DHC, Origins, and Boscia. MAC is good too.

Dermalogica's Precleanse cleansing oil does a thorough job and rinses off nicely. Leaves no residue behind. Those are the good things about it. This oil has a very strong botanical scent that I didn't like very much. It has a very runny, watery texture. Wasn't crazy about that either, I like my oils to be a little bit thicker. And this product made my eyes so blurry! That happens a lot (to me anyway) with oil cleansers, but the blurriness caused by this product was SEVERE.

IMO, this product is comparable to Neutrogena's Ultra Light Cleansing Oil. The Neutrogena is significantly cheaper though, and it's scented as well. But the eye-blurriness isn't an issue with that one. Honestly, I'd recommend the Neutrogena over the Dermalogica. Or if you're willing to spend more, the above-mentioned oil cleansers are all better too.

This wasn't a horrible product, but it's not something I would buy again.

on 5/5/2018 6:36:00 PM

It was amazing at removing makeup without drying out my skin, but I found it to be a tad irritating on my sensitive skin due to all the fragrant oils. If you don’t have sensitive skin then this is probably a great makeup remover!

on 4/14/2018 3:19:00 AM

I would highly recommend this oil cleaner despite its expensive price. It removes all my heavy makeup including around my eye area.

on 4/12/2018 7:40:00 AM

Not bad and feels nice to use but doesn't remove all makeup and eye makeup. I prefer to save my money and do a double cleanse with my dermal clay cleanser, once dry and then dampen to wash off. Then once on damp skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was talked into buying this product at Ulta by a heavily made up sales associate who swore that one pump took off all of her makeup with no effort. She said she had been using it for years and that it was an all natural oil cleanser that was non-irritating with a natural scent. Could even be used on the eye area.

What BS. Irritated the hell out of my skin and my eyes swelled after using. My rosacea reacted. I do not recommend this if you have any kind of sensitive skin or eyes. It may have natural scents to it but they are not favorable to maintaining a healthy skin barrier.

on 1/28/2018 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I never write reviews, as I simply don't have the time to. This product however I feel does deserve a review. I've struggled with acne and extremely oily skin since I was a teenager. I'm writing this review in my late 30's. I feel as if i've tried everything, from store bought products, to spa grade products and medical grade products. I've gone through 7 dermatologists at this point. I've had severe cystic acne which now has finally gotten under control.

I'm of Asian background, eat healthy and exercise on a regular basis. I felt like I was doing everything I could to try to control my extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin. Sensitivity is due to the harshness of all the chemicals I've used on my skin throughout the past 20 or so years.

It wasn't until I started using a "Korean" method of a skincare routine that I finally got my acne and oiliness under control. Let me explain: what this means is I've adopted the Korean method of skincare, but that does't mean I always use Korean skin care products.

This is my night time routine:
1. Oil cleansing method: Dermalogica Precleanse - It's important to use this dry with no water at first. I can literally feel my pores unclogging as they feel like little grains of sand in my fingertips. I wear heavy makeup sometimes for work and nothing gets face makeup off like using the right oil on your face. I also use this on my eye makeup, which helps to loosen it up, but doesn't remove all of it (I also wear waterproof mascara).

2. Eye makeup remover: Clinique Take the day off for eyes/lips - While my face is still wet (this is important because not washing away off of the precleanse makes step #3 way easier) I use cotton pads saturated with my eye makeup remover to take away the last traces of eye makeup.

3. Foaming cleanser: Iope Whipping brightener - A little goes a long way with this stuff. With wet hands I get a quarter size amount of this product and lather it into a foam then rub it in circles all over my face. Then i use a wet washcloth and remove the product gently, always swiping up on my face.

4. Toner: Nivea sensitve skin toner - Super cheap and I just saturate another cotton pad and swipe onto the face.

5. Second toner: Mario Badescu - Rose toner (can't remember the exact name and I've run out) - Spray onto the face and pat in. This helps to add moisture.

6. Serum: Sulwhasoo First care activating serum - This is pricey, but so worth every penny. I use one pump all over my face.

7. Eye cream: Neutrogena Hyaluronic eye cream - Dot this around the eyes. Good for sensitive, contacts using eyes.

7. Face cream: Clarins Multi Active cream - Spread a dime size amount of this on the face.

8. (Sometimes in the winter) Thicker night cream: Sulwhasoo Ginseng cream - Crazy most expensive thing in my routine, but on days when my skin feels dehydrated, i layer this on top of my clarins cream and my skin in the morning is softer than a baby's butt!

I wanted to write all of this because I feel like Dermalogica's precleanse has done so much for me, and although I'm not fond of the price tag, I've been a returning customer because when used right, has helped to clear my skin.

on 1/1/2018 1:10:00 PM

Like others, I purchased this due to glowing reviews from many differing sources. This oil is great if you prefer lighter oils for cleansing. It’s thinner than the Erno Laszlo Precleanse, DHC, and Shu Uemura AO. At first the “spa” type scent this cleanser had was a little overpowering for me, but with regular use I ended up getting used to it though it seems particularly unnecessary for a product claiming to be for sensitive skin. It’s really just an expensive but middle of the road cleanser and does what it’s meant to do. I didn’t experience any eye clouding, or irritation. My main complaint about this product is the packaging! Once you attach the pump this bottle just leaks all over the place. Fortunately I never travelled with it, but there was a constant sticky ring of oil at the bottom which makes it unsightly to leave out and messy to keep taking in and out of whatever storage situation you decide on. This honestly wouldn’t be so much of an issue had this product not been so pricey and in the MOST basic packaging. Boring, messy, and wasteful.

on 12/17/2017 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hands down this is the very best oil cleansing I have come across. This melts off foundation, waterproof mascara and matte liquid lipstick in a few seconds. Cons: heavily scented and pricey. Can easily get at ULTA.