Dermalogica PreCleanse

Dermalogica PreCleanse

4.1

Not tested on animals

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, PEG-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Oils Of: Borago Officinalis Seed, Aleurites Moluccana Seed, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel, Lavandula Hybrida, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel; Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Decyl Olive Esters, Tocopherol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.

on 9/26/2016 9:29:00 PM

this is a great product. It works well to remove make up and does not irritate my sensitive fair skin. I reduced the rating from 5 to 4 just because of the exorbitant cost. Burts Bees oil face wash does the same job at a fraction of the cost.

on 8/9/2016 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I don't care for oil cleansers or precleansers. They always make my skin feel greasy and unclean.

I almost always break out when I try these, and I've tried at least a dozen.

If I want oil on my face, I use rose, pumpkin, jojoba and meadow foam seed oil that I mix myself. This seems to absorb, and doesn't leave me feeling greasy.

This oil sat on top, loosened any dirt and oils, and then I cleanse with essential cleanser. I like the cleansing of Philosophy Purity better, and it is only one step.

In winter, I like the oil cleansing method when it gets super dry, but this one was just a miss for me.

To Read all 339 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/13/2016 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was looking forward to using this after having a facial. Loved the smell and the idea of using it. I used it for 2 weeks before I started breaking out. I was using this along with the Age Smart Dermalogica range but within 2 weeks, I broke out so severe, I was referred to the doctor when I went to the chemist. My breakout turned into a bacterial infection requiring antibiotics. I've been in recluse for a week, hiding out my repulsive face. Never, have I ever had the amount of breakouts as I did with this. Never. And i'm 45 so shouldn't be having them now. Very disappointed. Returned it immediately and won't buy this range again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have had acne since I was young because of excessive sebum production. This precleanse has really been a saving grace for me. My skin is cleaner and clearer than ever before. It does a great job of removing makeup (although I usually use a makeup remover first) and clearing my disgusting sebum clogs. I finally have normal skin rather than oily, dry or combination. It is expensive but is soooo worth it. My number one complaint is that the pump bottle leaks. I have had three bottles of the precleanse and every single one has leaked.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I want to preface this review by saying that both my sister and I suffer from hereditary hormonal cystic acne in our 20's. My sister is an aesthetician who was trained using Dermalogica products while she was in aesthetics school. She found the products to be of high quality and effective on her own acne prone skin. Therefor, when she graduated and went on to work in skin care salons, she was only interested in working for locations that used Dermalogica products.

Due to my sister's ~connections~, she often gives me samples to try or excess product from her personal stash. I have tried a multitude of cleansers for acne, both Dermalogica and not.

At night, I use Dermalogica Precleanse to take off my makeup and cleanse my skin of dirt. Once I rinse that off, I follow it up with Ultra Calming Cleanser. Precleanse is both gentle and strong enough to remove my makeup and combat my tendency to get clogged pores.

Since trying this cleanser, I have repurchased it several times over. I have probably been using it for at least two years and I have no reason to look for a replacement. Dermalogica is a great company! The only reason I took off two lippies is the price, but I find that it really is worth the cost.

on 2/24/2016 10:09:00 AM

I love this product! This is the product that really transformed my skin. As we all know, dirty skin and not cleansing properly can lead to breakouts, but when I started using this product my skin dramatically improved. It cleanses beautifully and does not aggravate my sensitive skin.
I have been using this product for years and it has not failed me. Yes, it is pricey, however it is well worth the splurge if you are looking for the product to change your skin!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It does the job. I use this product before I wash my face with dermalogica clay something :D in the evening.
I use this product on it's own in the morning n it's clean enough.
the only downside, apart from the price, the product leaks out through the neck of its pipe. Such a waste of money!!!
Therefore, I can't decide yet, will I but it again or not. hmmm. .

on 9/30/2015 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This stuff seemed to work well for me at first, but after using it for a few weeks as recommended (using the Special Cleansing Gel after, two step process) my skin began to suffer. Clogged pores galore!

Dermalogica claims to be a really advanced skincare line and the prices sure make it seem like you are buying a "premium" product but if you really check out the ingredients, you will see that they use a lot of harsh chemicals and some of their "natural" additives can actually be very irritating. Plug the PreCleanse ingredient list into the COSDNA analyzer and you will see! The Special Cleansing Gel is pretty much all SLS which will strip your skin, might as well use dish soap on your face.

I have fairly bad acne and I always felt it was due to not washing off all my makeup. I love precleanse because it allows my cleanser to actually clean my skin without my makeup being in the way. I wear a lot of foundation but this stuff takes it off wonderfully. It is a tad expensive but one bottle lasted me 6 months and I use it every night. Can't live without it.

on 8/22/2015 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow this stuff got off every drop of MUFE Aqua eyes pencil, They're Real mascara (which to me is harder to remove than waterproof), nars all day luminous weightless foundation (another one that really sticks with ya), dipbrow, all of my other powders, lipsticks etc on one go. I cleansed the oil off with some cheesy Burt bee cleanser and afterwards it passed the cotton toner test with flying colors!!!!! Sooooo much better than coconut oil or something. Leaves absolutely no greasy oily residue. WORTH IT if you are a big fan of super long wearing waterproof heavy makeup like me! I mean now that I tried it, it's like a must! I used to use a cleansing wipe every night to gently exfoliate/remove makeup which maybe I'll continue to use AFTER this oil, since the wipes did a great daily gentle exfoliation job they didn't however touch the eye makeup and the toner cotton would sometimes still be a lil' tan after the wipes. I can't believe I had this deluxe sample sitting there for 1/2 year untouched! HG makeup remover!