Dermalogica PreCleanse

Dermalogica PreCleanse

4.1

Not tested on animals

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, PEG-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Oils Of: Borago Officinalis Seed, Aleurites Moluccana Seed, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel, Lavandula Hybrida, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel; Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Decyl Olive Esters, Tocopherol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.

on 12/17/2017 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hands down this is the very best oil cleansing I have come across. This melts off foundation, waterproof mascara and matte liquid lipstick in a few seconds. Cons: heavily scented and pricey. Can easily get at ULTA.

on 11/19/2017 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I received this precleanse as a sample from my spa and am disappointed. I used it as directed but neglected to read the ingredient list first. My face started tingling right away, and I noticed a eucalyptus fragrance, which did not bode well for my sensitive, reactive skin. I washed it off and followed up with my normal facial cleanser immediately. I then read the ingredient list and realized that it contains several essential oils that can irritate the skin - eucalyptus, citrus, and lavender. The precleanse could be a perfectly good product without these unnecessary irritants, and it's too bad that a respected company would add them to the formulation.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've never purchased the full size but have tried it in sample form and at my Ulta facials. She uses this on me every time I go in and it feels awesome. Perfect for sensitive skin. This is a oil cleaner and makeup remover in one. I would say it's all that's needed for skin that's not very problematic. It does a good job of cleansing without stripping skin.It's very therapeutic in a way as well, feels very satisfying and has a very luxe smell and feel to it.

on 8/20/2017 10:06:00 AM

I love this product. It cleans my sweat and oil quite well.

I have read several reviews saying it didnt work for people. Did a dermatologist or skin aesthetician recommend it? I ask because I have a ton of allergies. This and the other ultra calming products work well for me. I cant use any of the age smart products with retinol or the day time brightening sunscreen. There are variations in these formulas which truly require a professional to get started. If you purchase from a professional, and you have an issue, they refund your money in full. Also, there is no markup.

I love this company and the face products.

on 8/15/2017 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. I have oily skin and I love how it melts my foundation off to prevent clogged pores. It smells so good. It feels very calming.

on 8/14/2017 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I bought the Precleanse years ago as I've always used oil to remove my makeup as I love heavy duty mascara.

While the Precleanse certainly removes my makeup, it also stings the hell out of my eyes! I've since switched to Banila's Clean it Zero which melts my makeup away even quicker, doesn't sting my eyes and is half the price of this product.

For the life of me I do not understand the great ratings for the product, I am definitely not repurchasing.

Goal: clean face
Outcome: oily skin, clogged pores, acne
The bottle: Unpractical

would i reccomend? hell no.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been using PreCleanse from the moment it went on the shelves, and it's one of my all-time favourite Dermalogica products, alongside their Daily Microfoliant. I always look forward to using it in the morning, as I enjoy the gentle sensation of its ingredients melting away the excessive oils produced by my greasy skin. It's also an incredibly thorough make-up remover that sees to any remnants left behind. It softens and relaxes the skin, and prepares it both for cleansing and make-up application. A definite must-have.

My only issue with it is its packaging. Whatever you do, do not take the pump bottle with you on holiday if you've already opened it. It will leak all over your stuff, and you really don't want that considering its texture and its price. My Dermalogica therapist recommended you buy a travel sized PreCleanse bottle, and hang onto it for refilling every time you're going away. Alternatively, try to get your hands on a few samples!

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

Not my favorite cleansing oil, especially for the high price it costs. I found it to be a bit drying for my skin. Ymmv. But it is effective at removing my mascara and eyeliner, and smells wonderful, like something you would smell at a spa. I prefer my Innisfree Green Tea balancing cleansing oil over this, which has a less runny/slightly thicker consistency. Edited my review to note that I bought the pump bottle and it is somehow leaking at the top. Poor packaging! I see a ring of oil on my vanity every time I pick up this bottle. This never happens with my Innisfree! If you still want to try this, Ulta carries a trial version for $10 (comes with gel cleanser too).

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I double cleanse and usually resort to Sunday Riley Blue Moon Cleansing Balm. I thought that one did a great job...this one is AWESOME! It emusfies into a milky texture once water hits it. My only complaint is that this stuff stings like the dickens if it gets in my eyes. Fiery! It truly does remove all my makeup....even the waterproof stuff. And a Lil goes a long,long way. Do not apply a huge amount to skin because it only takes half a pump to take care of the whole face. Would I repurchase this? Most definitely!