Chapstick (All Flavors)

Chapstick (All Flavors)
(All Flavors)(All Flavors)(All Flavors)(All Flavors)

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Active ingredient - White Petrolatum 45%, arachidyl propionate, camphor, carnauba wax, cetyl alcohol, fragrance, isopropyl lanolate, isopropyl myristate, lanolin, light mineral oil, methylparaben, octyldodecanol, oleyl alcohol, paraffin, phenyl trimethicone, propylparaben, red 6 lake, titanium dioxide, white wax, yellow 5 lake

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't understand how anyone could like this stuff! It's waxy, doesn't smell right, the pretty pictures on the cap peel off when you open it, and it doesn't seem to actually moisturize. It's so dry! Yuck.

on 3/26/2017 6:36:00 PM

I guess lip balm is just like any other product; it's effectiveness varies from person to person. I find that very few products work as good for me as Chapstick. I've tried Carmex, Burt's Bees, Eos and countless other dry lip remedies and none of them seem to work as well as Chapstick. In all fairness, not all Chapstick is created equal, some variations don't seem to contain the same formula but peppermint, cherry, strawberry and original are my go-to lip protection. I carry one in my pocket at all times.

on 3/26/2017 4:38:00 PM

I have the aloha coconut and cherry. The aloha coconut is waxy and doesn't feel as if its applying to my lips I don't like it. The cherry is better it has a slight shine to it not as waxy. Overall these are an ok product but there are better lip chaps out there.

on 11/17/2015 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These are unpredicatable. The basic scents/flavors have always felt very hard and waxy and just there. My husband loves the Green Apple one, and that one does feel a touch better than the older scents. For me however, these have never been great. But then they get a limited edition item like the Cake Batter ones (please make these permanent if they are not), and those ones feel so creamy and nice. They felt so nice I thought I would give other Chapsticks scents a try. I tried the Pumpkin Pie ones...they did not feel as nice as the Cake Batter ones. I tried the Strawberry & Cherry ones...they still felt waxy too. So, these do the job of a quick lip protection. And if it weren't for the Cake Batter ones, I would have scored these a 1 or 2 lippie product.

on 11/15/2015 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Chapstick is good. I have a very chapped and dry lips before.. And the worst thing is it always peel off and my lips have many flakes on it. I use baby lips before because I thought it is good for my lips, until I realozed that it is the reason why my lips are always chapped and dry.. So i tried chapstick. It moisturized my lips, and the flakes of my lips are gone! but the thing is, I think it makes my lips pale.. Because my lips are getting pale.. So what I do is Add a tinted lip balm on my lips.. So I'll not look like a corpse. Because my lips are sooooo PALE.

Chapstick is by far the worst lip balm I've ever used, along with Lip Smacker. While Lip Smacker at least have nice flavors in some cases, Chapstick doesn't even taste good. I tried the original, cherry, and mint -- all of them are equally awful. Soon after I put it on, I feel my lips getting drier and then they start to peel and sting. Not only it doesn't do what it's supposed to do, it actually makes things worse.
For super inexpensive lip balms, I'd rather go for Carmex or Vaseline. At least with those I don't get painful peels.

Chapstick is one of my favorite lip balms! I've been using them since I was a small child, and my favorites are strawberry, spearmint, and blue crazeberry (I miss that flavor so much! I hope they bring it back eventually).

They're cheap, available in most stores, and there's many flavors to choose from. They really do keep my lips soft and I like the waxy feel of them. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to their SPF flavors, which is why I took a lippie off.

I don't recommend them if you're into all natural products or are concerned about the ingredients causing harm.

on 4/3/2015 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love some good old Chapstick, because it's quick, simple, and effective. My favorite is the cherry (or is it strawberry 😑) Chapstick because it makes my lips soft and smooth. It also gives my lips a slightly pink color which in my opinion makes them look nice and healthy. I also like the moisturizing one in the blue tube for conditioning my lips at night. This is not my holy grail, but I definitely keep it around to use every once in a while. I would definitely try it if you're looking for something really good and really affordable.

The BEST! Nothing works as good as Chapstick brand. It stays on, moisturizers very well, and instantly soothes chapped lips. I also love that they come in fun seasonal flavors. I am a Chapstick hoarder :) I have it at work, my makeup bag, purse, and several at home. It's cheap and is great!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I like to buy these when they are sale. I like them better than Burt's Bees. Just a little on the lips goes a long way.

Popular Lips Products