La Roche-Posay Lipikar Baum (Balm) AP

La Roche-Posay Lipikar Baum (Balm) AP
Lipikar Baum (Balm) APLipikar Baum (Balm) APLipikar Baum (Balm) APLipikar Baum (Balm) AP

4.6

Aqua/Water, Butyrospermum ParkII, Shea Butter Fruit, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum, Mineral Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Canola/canola Oil, Sucrose Tristearate, Polysorbate 61, Glycine, VP/eicosene Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Pentylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Disodium Edta, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopherol, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol.

on 12/10/2018 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Irritates my skin a lot! Wanted to use it under foundation (after seeing the Lisa Eldridge video) but its the worst. Makes my skin red and itchy (and thus very unsuitable for foundation) Too bad:(

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My elderly mother in law began scratching herself to the point where she was drawing blood and leaving scabs where she'd scratched that would itch so she'd scratch them off, leading to more bleeding, scratching, bleeding, scratching - it was a vicious cycle. Her doctor was reluctant to have her on any sort of cortisone cream for too long, given how thin and fragile her skin already is. We'd been through several types of creams to bring her some relief - Gold Bond, Gold Bond Anti Itch, etc. - but as she still lives somewhat independently, part of the problem was just ensuring that she was using these creams frequently (which she wasn't doing). I've long been a fan of LRP products and we'd used the regular Lipikar balm with excellent results with my younger son when he was little and would develop eczema during the winter months. So I combed through all the LRP creams now available and found this AP version that claims to help relieve itching. It WORKED!!!! She's been using this regularly (which is likely a large part of the success) and it has helped relieve the itching and it seems to be breaking the whole itch/scratch/itch cycle. Based on how well this worked, I've purchased a tube for myself to use during the cold, drying winter months. For such a rich cream, it applies easily and sinks into the skin on my legs really well.

on 9/18/2018 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Doesn’t dissolve into the the skin; it’s sticky and greasy but does not moisturize just sits on top of dry skin preventing any natural moisture from entering, slipping and sliding until it wipes off onto pillows or/and bedding!!

on 8/29/2018 9:46:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

My skin: ROUGH texture. Slight KERATOSIS PILARIS.

The main reason I began using this product was because I had developed such ITCHY skin on my legs for no real reason. With this claiming to soothe itching & irritation, I decided to give it a try.

2 weeks later: The itching stopped after the 1st day of application and hasn't retuned.
Also, to my surprise, the texture on my skin has greatly IMPROVED. My keratosis pilaris and the tough texture are significantly REDUCED and I look forward to the results after continued use. I can see a real difference.

Packaging: is gooood...Squeezy tube- GREAT!

Smell: Zero smell. Which I love!

Application: A LITTLE goes a LONG way. Spreads easily and, I must add, for it feeling like such a luxurious balm, it ABSORBS reaaaaally well, and notably fast.

Conclusion: I will 100% purchase it again, as I feel its doing a great job of returning my skin to its happy, healthy state.

***UPDATE: Keratosis Pilaris (and associated dark spots on skin) are 100% gone from my legs. So glad I came across this product. Skin tone is so even and texture is SO smooth and silky. Yay.! My tip:::: Apply while skin is still damp. Helps the spread & absorption. Hope this reviews helps

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I must attest to the wonders of this product. I recently started using adapalene again when I went to my derm. I have not used anything retinol related in the last few years and the last time I did use it, I reacted severely with redness and peeling skin (yes it is the adjustment part). But it was SO uncomfortable, I couldn’t go through the regimen. I tried adapalene over the counter and applying it three days apart and during the summer which was suggested. In less than a week, my skin reacted. I was getting concerned because this time there were red patches that would not stop peeling and cystic breakouts, which I haven’t had for a while! I was pretty desperate and have tried vanicream, Cerave, Replenix enriched biotherapy, and even La Mer! The peeling continued for at least a week and my skin started to get itchy. I had a sample of this in a tiny tube and tried it on my face thinking it was a facial moisturizer out of desperation. Oh my goodness, it was life changing! I applied it at night and my skin stopped itching and the redness subsided the next day. In three days, the cystic acne is gone, and the patches looked like they didn’t even exist! I had two patches that were super red on both sides of my outer tear ducts, which kept persistently peeling and wouldn’t stop itching even if I moisturized— not a scar or post inflammatory hyperpigmentation remained! I was super impressed with this product! It has become an essential product for repairing my skin when it is super sensitized. Plus it absorbs nicely without making me too oily and my skin feels super hydrated and soft! And Yes, I’ve already placed an order for the big bottle with the pump and may have to look into the lotion as well!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a very thick, rich, buttery cream which is perfect for dry skin. My legs can get very dry & scaly - this helps massively as it hydrates the skin and soothes any discomfort. A little goes a long way and after it has sank in, it isn't sticky or tacky. I have recently repurchased it, this time in the bigger 400ml pump bottle. The pump is so much more convenient than the tube.

EDIT - I have always suffered with spots on my back & upper arms. Since using this product, my skin got worse and worse so I had to stop using it. My skin has now started improving, therefore would no longer 100% recommend this

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

This product is supposed to help those suffering from eczema and psoriasis problems like me, but it does not do anything to my patches. It even causes itchiness not only to my existing patches on my cheeks and forehead but also all over my face (even on part that does not have patches, including my eyelids). I only use this product twice as I cannot handle the itchiness. I have complained to LRP but they have not replied my email yet. LRP claims this product is safe for babies, but I am not sure why they claim so when it does not even soothe my skin. I have no idea why this product is so popular among the eczema and psoriasis community, but I may be allergic to one or more of the ingredients. When I visited a GP, she asked me to stop using this product and prescribed me an emollient instead.

on 5/16/2018 2:18:00 AM

This is the best cream ever. Fragrance-free...

I have very sensitive-combination skin. If I don’t use moisturizer, I will have acne on my face and aczema on my body. In fact, when it’s dry, my skin will crack and bleed and itch like crazy. And I have tried so many brands from affordable to a little high end (Nivea, Vaseline, Olay, Cetaphil, Bioderma, Avene, Vichy, Clinique,L’occitane, Kielh’s, La Mer). And finally only Bioderma and Clinique work for me. But of course, after 3 years of no issues, I want to try sth new and decide to go for this one. And omg, this works even much better than all of them. The cream is so smooth and doesn’t block my pores. And because it moisturizes so well, I have tried it once when I burnt myself after tanning on the beach. Like magic, after only 1 day, My burnt skin didn’t hurt anymore and on the third day of applying this cream (I applied once a day after shower), the dead skin peeled off and it looked like my skin had never burnt before. Since then I use this cream as my after sun even though I don’t burn. Juz believe me! Try this and you won’t regret. One more thing, I only use this at night cause it’s not so light to wear to work. Yes, its a lil shiny.

In conclusion, I’m asian and have fair sensitive combination skin. And I love this. 5 out of 5 star for this cream.

on 3/28/2018 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This has become my favourite facial moisturizer after years and years of looking for a moisturizer that would provide enough moisture to my dry skin without clogging my pores or leaving my skin feeling overly greasy. I have used many highly rated moisturizers: LRP cicaplast baume b5, Avene cicalfate, Impruv, Eucerin 5% urea, Olay complete all day moisturizer, & Dermatologia moisture balance, just to name a few. I have never quite found "the one", LRP cicaplast baume b5 was what I settled with even though it was not quite moisturizing enough (perhaps due to the zinc).

I finally saw this moisturizer recommended on Reddit, and it is now become my daily moisturizer in the AM & PM. Since incorporating this into my routine my skin has looked the best it ever has!

Skin type:
Dry/dehydrated, sensitive & acne prone.

Application:
The moisturizer is a thin cream that applies very smoothly. I find that I need the smallest amount for my entire face, literally only a dollop on my fingertip. It does not dry sticky or shiny for me, but I think it could be slightly shiny if you applied too much. My boyfriend described this moisturizer as "slimey" compared to cicaplast baume b5 which is quite thick and hard to spread.

Ingredients:
This moisturizer contains shea butter, niacinimide, glycerin & mineral oil which my skin seems to really like. I know mineral oil has a bad rep, but it has a comedogenic rating of 0, it incredibly moisturizing, and I have never had any issues with it. COSDNA indicated that there are no highly/moderately irritating/comedogenic ingredients in this moisturizer, and I have personally not broken out from it. This product is also fragrance free which is a bonus.

Packaging:
The product comes in a squeeze tube, and although I do not mind the tube packaging I find the lid can be difficult to close and some product can get lost.

Results:
This moisturizer is exactly what it claims to be, a "soothing balm that helps with severe dryness". After applying this (even as a stand alone product) I find that my skin does not feel dry or tight at all. After incorporating this into my skin care routine, I have found I experience less flaking and dry skin, and I believe this may be one of the products that helped restore my moisture barrier. Even though my skin is no longer extremely dry or tight I still use this product because it helps in keeping my skin "normal".

i will repurchase this moisturizer and continue to use it as it is perfect for my sensitive skin!!

on 3/28/2018 12:52:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

A definite must-have item in our household. Both DH and I use this. My hubby has dry, itchy skin on his back and this relieves the itch quickly. Hormonal changes have affected my skin and I now deal with an incredibly dry,itchy neck and dry lower legs and arms. My hands now crack and split in the winter and this works great when used as a night cream on my hands. This works quickly to hydrate and relieve the itch. Contains 20% shea butter, glycerin and niacinamide. The formula is thick and rich, so allow time for this to absorb into skin. I really like that this is fragrance free and all-purpose so you can use it on body and face. Packaging claims that this will keep skin hydrated for 48 hours. I do not know about that, but it definitely lasts for 24 hours on my skin.

Popular Lotions / Creams