La Roche Posay Lipikar Balm

La Roche Posay Lipikar Balm

4.7

Aqua/Water, Butyrospermum ParkII, Shea Butter Fruit, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum, Mineral Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Canola/canola Oil, Sucrose Tristearate, Polysorbate 61, Glycine, VP/eicosene Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Pentylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Disodium Edta, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopherol, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol.

on 8/7/2016 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Great product! I have been struggling with Keratosis Pilaris for over 15 years and i have tried a lot of products with no result. I have used this balm twice a day for the first month and then every evening dor "maintenance". The pimple-look-alike bumps are gone, redness and ocasional itchiness is gone too. Amazing!!! Tried this in my face too-irritated and flaky dry-the same outstanding result! ALL GONE! Perfect looking well hidrated skin. Pricey but worth the money as other more expensive products couldn't do the job

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love that fact that it has no fragrance :) Highly concentrated and just a little does the trick. Great for the legs and hands. Highly recommend to everyone I know

To Read all 40 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had a ton of winter dry skin patches and applied this over and over and it actually helped! I thought it could be eczema, and it might have been. It works very well at moisturizing the lips and skin. If you live in a dry climate, I recommend you get this and give this a try.

I was expecting this to have the heavier consistency of a balm. Instead, this is quite light and runny like a lotion. It's completely scent free without any active ingredients to irritate your skin. As a body lotion this does a pretty good job of hydrating your skin, but for my face, I would prefer an actual balm with a richer, creamier consistency.

on 8/17/2015 4:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is one of the most soothing and hydrating lotion I've tried.
It is excellent for very dry skin or eczema, I highly recommend it.

The new formula is not the greatest. I found the old formula more soothing.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I suffer from eczema mainly on my hands. I have very dry skin and this product is a really good moisturizer but my skin still got flaky. If you have extremely dry skin Gold Bond is much better and cheaper!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I use Lipikar balm as a facial moisturizer and as a spot treatment for areas on my body where I have eczema/irritation. This is the only moisturizer I'm using on my face right now and my skin has improved so much. Usually my very dry skin will drink up whatever I put on it and will be dry and irritated again as soon as I wash off whatever cream/balm I have on. This is the first time I feel that my skin is really healing from day to day.

A little goes a long way, and the smell is neutral if a little lard-like at times (as noted by someone else here).

I actually really like the way this looks on the skin, too -- it's definitely heavy, and I'm sure people with naturally oily skin would hate wearing this, but it gives a dewy look. I often wear this alone (although it plays well with my various base makeup formulations) and it gives a surprisingly pretty K-pop glow. For someone who is wearing a lard-like eczema balm on her face, I get a lot of compliments nowadays!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Love this stuff. If you have very dry skin anywhere, this is the solution.
It calms my eczema that develops on my upper arms in the winter. It relieves dryness and itching on my hands.
The best part is, it works under my eyes without clogging pores, and leaves the skin there soft and supple, moisture restored.
An added bonus : NO scent. No irritating, pointless parfum. I honestly wonder why most products have fragrance? It has been scientifically proven that fragrance is bad for the skin.

I would recommend this to sensitive skinned people with very dry skin, like myself. It has the benefits of moisturization without the negative aide effects (such as big, sore acnes or rash/irritation).
I would definitely repurchase and will repurchase again and again.
Would recommend to friends and family.
Gentle enough for use on babies too!

on 11/17/2014 10:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It is wonderful! I suffer from atopic dermatitis and this has been my salvation from applying topical corticoids to heal the most dry and inflammated areas of my face.

In my case, I don't use it as a moisturizer, as it is quite "heavy" and I'm sure that the quantity of lipids would clog my pores. But it is my Holy Grail to help to calm and heal the dermatitis spreading on my eyelids, corners of my lips, neck, chin, etc.

Also, the price in comparision with other "pharmaceutical" products for dry/atopic skins is quite good! It is very effective and it does not cause any allergic reaction to the skin (at least to me), so it is a good investment.

Overall, I highly recommend it!