La Roche-Posay Lipikar Baum (Balm) AP

La Roche-Posay Lipikar Baum (Balm) AP
Lipikar Baum (Balm) APLipikar Baum (Balm) APLipikar Baum (Balm) APLipikar Baum (Balm) AP

4.8

Aqua/Water, Butyrospermum ParkII, Shea Butter Fruit, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum, Mineral Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Canola/canola Oil, Sucrose Tristearate, Polysorbate 61, Glycine, VP/eicosene Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Pentylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Disodium Edta, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopherol, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol.

on 5/16/2018 2:18:00 AM

This is the best cream ever. Fragrance-free...

I have very sensitive-combination skin. If I don’t use moisturizer, I will have acne on my face and aczema on my body. In fact, when it’s dry, my skin will crack and bleed and itch like crazy. And I have tried so many brands from affordable to a little high end (Nivea, Vaseline, Olay, Cetaphil, Bioderma, Avene, Vichy, Clinique,L’occitane, Kielh’s, La Mer). And finally only Bioderma and Clinique work for me. But of course, after 3 years of no issues, I want to try sth new and decide to go for this one. And omg, this works even much better than all of them. The cream is so smooth and doesn’t block my pores. And because it moisturizes so well, I have tried it once when I burnt myself after tanning on the beach. Like magic, after only 1 day, My burnt skin didn’t hurt anymore and on the third day of applying this cream (I applied once a day after shower), the dead skin peeled off and it looked like my skin had never burnt before. Since then I use this cream as my after sun even though I don’t burn. Juz believe me! Try this and you won’t regret. One more thing, I only use this at night cause it’s not so light to wear to work. Yes, its a lil shiny.

In conclusion, I’m asian and have fair sensitive combination skin. And I love this. 5 out of 5 star for this cream.

on 3/28/2018 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This has become my favourite facial moisturizer after years and years of looking for a moisturizer that would provide enough moisture to my dry skin without clogging my pores or leaving my skin feeling overly greasy. I have used many highly rated moisturizers: LRP cicaplast baume b5, Avene cicalfate, Impruv, Eucerin 5% urea, Olay complete all day moisturizer, & Dermatologia moisture balance, just to name a few. I have never quite found "the one", LRP cicaplast baume b5 was what I settled with even though it was not quite moisturizing enough (perhaps due to the zinc).

I finally saw this moisturizer recommended on Reddit, and it is now become my daily moisturizer in the AM & PM. Since incorporating this into my routine my skin has looked the best it ever has!

Skin type:
Dry/dehydrated, sensitive & acne prone.

Application:
The moisturizer is a thin cream that applies very smoothly. I find that I need the smallest amount for my entire face, literally only a dollop on my fingertip. It does not dry sticky or shiny for me, but I think it could be slightly shiny if you applied too much. My boyfriend described this moisturizer as "slimey" compared to cicaplast baume b5 which is quite thick and hard to spread.

Ingredients:
This moisturizer contains shea butter, niacinimide, glycerin & mineral oil which my skin seems to really like. I know mineral oil has a bad rep, but it has a comedogenic rating of 0, it incredibly moisturizing, and I have never had any issues with it. COSDNA indicated that there are no highly/moderately irritating/comedogenic ingredients in this moisturizer, and I have personally not broken out from it. This product is also fragrance free which is a bonus.

Packaging:
The product comes in a squeeze tube, and although I do not mind the tube packaging I find the lid can be difficult to close and some product can get lost.

Results:
This moisturizer is exactly what it claims to be, a "soothing balm that helps with severe dryness". After applying this (even as a stand alone product) I find that my skin does not feel dry or tight at all. After incorporating this into my skin care routine, I have found I experience less flaking and dry skin, and I believe this may be one of the products that helped restore my moisture barrier. Even though my skin is no longer extremely dry or tight I still use this product because it helps in keeping my skin "normal".

i will repurchase this moisturizer and continue to use it as it is perfect for my sensitive skin!!

on 3/28/2018 12:52:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

A definite must-have item in our household. Both DH and I use this. My hubby has dry, itchy skin on his back and this relieves the itch quickly. Hormonal changes have affected my skin and I now deal with an incredibly dry,itchy neck and dry lower legs and arms. My hands now crack and split in the winter and this works great when used as a night cream on my hands. This works quickly to hydrate and relieve the itch. Contains 20% shea butter, glycerin and niacinamide. The formula is thick and rich, so allow time for this to absorb into skin. I really like that this is fragrance free and all-purpose so you can use it on body and face. Packaging claims that this will keep skin hydrated for 48 hours. I do not know about that, but it definitely lasts for 24 hours on my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This has been a game changer for me. Prior to this I was using CeraVe PM as my nighttime moisturizer which has a great texture, light, and nice ingredients too. I thought it was good enough but my skin wasn’t really improving. So I decided to run around CVS on a quest to find something better. This is it. This has been a lifesaver. I was a bit hesitant, a face and a body lotion in one? Hmm, seemed suspicious. Checked the ingredients on cosdna, no big triggers for acne or irritation. To start, my skin is acne prone, oily, and dehydrated. My moisture barrier is wrecked and over the past year I’ve been spending time out in the sun at the worst possible times. Basically it’s a mess with lots of hyperpigmentation and a variety of acne scarring. This lotion is heavy but it is not suffocating. I instantly felt results the next morning. My skin was glowing, soft, and supple. Something the CeraVe wasn’t able to provide me with. It has been about a week since I’ve started using it and my skin has never felt better. My moisture barrier is slowly healing and my acne spots are calming down. I also use this with Tamanu oil to help with the scarring and my dark spots are slowly disappearing. My tone on my forehead has started to even out and the skin around my eyes looks great! An overall really simple and nourishing moisturizer. Comes in a gigantic bottle if you use this strictly for your face but is also great on the body. Love the pump bottle makes everything sanitary.

on 2/26/2018 6:37:00 AM

Excellent balm and can be used for face, body and as a hand cream.

It contains 20% Shea butter (according to the LRP website) that makes it possible to hydrate skin with a lasting replenished moisture.

It is excellent for dry, dehydrated skin or skin that lacks lipids. A must for eczema or psorriasis sufferers.

It is fully fragrance free, reasonably priced and contains Vitreoscilla Ferment, the core active in the whole Biotherm line and marketed under Life Plankton. It has also high amount of Vitamin B3 that is excellent as a moisture replenisher but also a true anti-aging active.

Aqua /Water, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Niacinamide, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Brassica Campestris Oleifera Oil / Rapeseed Seed Oil, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide / Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Peg-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Paraffin, Sorbitan Tristearate, Dimethiconol, Mannose, Disodium Edta, Capryloyl Glycine, Vitreoscilla Ferment, Xanthan Gum, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Sodium Benzoate

on 2/10/2018 7:04:00 PM

My newest go to moisturizer for the last 6 months. I had been using LUSH Full of Grace bar because of its environmental friendly packaging so I feel guilty for loving this so much. The LUSH, unfortunately, just hasn’t been keeping my face moisturized. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and dry cheeks. The dryness has been aggravated by harsh cold weather and this moisturizer has been a life saver for me. I apply everywhere except my forehead and I’ve had good results. My skin is super clog prone and this doesn’t aggravate that at all. Over my hyaluronic acid serum, the two do a great job of sealing in moisture. I apply both night and day (but a thinner layer) under my makeup and set in the day with a setting spray. My skin looks very healthy with this and I get a lot of compliments on my skin. I hate that it’s in a plastic package and will continue to seek out a more eco friendly option, but for now, this is my absolute go to.

on 1/20/2018 9:22:00 AM

If I were writing this based on only my experience, I'd give this a 5/5, but because I'm including my son and husband's take, I have to reluctantly lower this to 4/5. This stuff works on my eczema-prone, dehydrated, super-grumpy skin, as well as my son's chapped winter skin. No breakouts (even when I use it on my face) and after using it for a week, my skin is soft and smooth with no irritation. Simply put, I love it.

I really like the pump, and would like something smaller for travel--400 mL/13.5 oz is a little too big for me to take in a suitcase or my purse. At $20 USD it's not expensive; this is much more effective than other body creams/moisturizers that cost twice that much.

Why does this get only 4/5 instead of 5/5? My son remarked that it "smells like stinkbugs," and my husband agreed. I do notice a slight scent too, but would describe it as more like plastic or rubbery, like a latex balloon. That said, the scent doesn't linger and IMO, its effectiveness outweighs the mild stinkbug/balloon scent.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This review is for the Lipikar balm AP+ that comes in a 13.52 oz. / 400 ml pump bottle. LRP has been revamping their line and bringing more products to the US market & shelves, the latest being this and the Lipikar lotion. On their US website this used to be in a tube but is now a pump bottle. I am also not seeing a “lipikar AP”, just “lipikar AP+” and to avoid adding another review - there is one for “balm” and another for “baume” - I am putting my review here.
This is an exciting offering for me because LRP products are expensive, so to get this much product for $20 makes it reasonably priced. I tried the cicaplast when I needed something heavy duty, but quickly blew through the tiny tube and felt it to be an overpriced waste as there are other creams aimed towards sensitive skin that have done the same job for me, like CeraVe, Cetaphil, Vanicream and Eucerin.
This is a plain cream that has no scent whatsoever, and I mean absolutely zero, not even any underlying faint chemical smell. It feels and rubs in quite nice, with a little slip and no clumpy or waxy feel. I got it to keep next to the sink and use it more for my hands, which suffer terribly from dryness regardless of the season, and after a few days of regular use they are remarkably soft and all of my little boo-boos and what not have healed up nicely. I usually have to use an ointment when they get bad but don’t like to because it leaves my hands greasy, but the lipikar balm ap+ isn’t greasy at all.
I have used it on my face as well, as it says it’s appropriate for body and face, and is definitely lighter in texture than the above mentioned creams. It absorbs nicely and leaves my face feeling hydrated. I love this as I prefer to use something for my body than can be used on my face as well, it makes it so much easier after a shower to just use one thing and I don’t have to worry about getting something on my face that I shouldn’t use there.
Although I plan to stick to using CeraVe cream (it offers the most beneficial ingredients, is inexpensive when on sale, and now comes with a pump jar) I plan to get some more of this as soon as it’s available in a store and I can get it on sale or with a coupon. I get bored using the same thing all of the time and feel this would be a good addition to the mix.

on 11/25/2017 10:32:00 AM

Repurchased. Visibility calms my red itchy skin on arms (lichen planus). I prefer to buy the pump rather than the tube. The pump bottle is 400 ml. Seasonal offering is a free tube of Lipikar Syndet AP cream wash (100 ml) with a decorative "kid appeal" animal head on the Baume. Currently available in Shoppers Drug Mart stores in Canada. The set is $33.00 cdn. I will continue to buy both products.

I also like the LRP Syndet wash and is gentle enough for my face.

I do like the A-derma Omega cream (reviewed) but the tube has been repackaged and it takes effort to squeeze out.

EDIT to add. My package had a $4.00 coupon. Check your package if you are buying a limited edition set.

This stuff is liquid gold! This lotion isn't too thick, it's not greasy or sticky, it's non-scented, and it melts right into the skin. It soothes and hydrates my skin more than any other lotion I have tried.

I had a small rash on the back of my hand for a few months that would not go away unless I put hydrocortisone on it... until I bought this! My rash started to disappear as soon as I began using this lotion. I also bought the Lipikar Stick AP+ to apply on my hand throughout the day and it works great.

An amazing bonus is that I don't get razor burn anymore if I apply this lotion after shaving! I've always had to deal with irritation, itching, and bumps after shaving no matter what regimen of exfoliation, shaving cream, oil, Tend Skin, Bikini Zone... etc. I tried. This stuff has taken care of that problem.

I will repurchase this over and over.

Popular Lotions / Creams