La Roche Posay Lipikar Balm

La Roche Posay Lipikar Balm

4.6

Aqua/Water, Butyrospermum ParkII, Shea Butter Fruit, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum, Mineral Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Canola/canola Oil, Sucrose Tristearate, Polysorbate 61, Glycine, VP/eicosene Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Pentylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Disodium Edta, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopherol, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love that fact that it has no fragrance :) Highly concentrated and just a little does the trick. Great for the legs and hands. Highly recommend to everyone I know

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had a ton of winter dry skin patches and applied this over and over and it actually helped! I thought it could be eczema, and it might have been. It works very well at moisturizing the lips and skin. If you live in a dry climate, I recommend you get this and give this a try.

To Read all 39 Reviews, Login or Join

I was expecting this to have the heavier consistency of a balm. Instead, this is quite light and runny like a lotion. It's completely scent free without any active ingredients to irritate your skin. As a body lotion this does a pretty good job of hydrating your skin, but for my face, I would prefer an actual balm with a richer, creamier consistency.

on 8/17/2015 4:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is one of the most soothing and hydrating lotion I've tried.
It is excellent for very dry skin or eczema, I highly recommend it.

The new formula is not the greatest. I found the old formula more soothing.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I suffer from eczema mainly on my hands. I have very dry skin and this product is a really good moisturizer but my skin still got flaky. If you have extremely dry skin Gold Bond is much better and cheaper!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I use Lipikar balm as a facial moisturizer and as a spot treatment for areas on my body where I have eczema/irritation. This is the only moisturizer I'm using on my face right now and my skin has improved so much. Usually my very dry skin will drink up whatever I put on it and will be dry and irritated again as soon as I wash off whatever cream/balm I have on. This is the first time I feel that my skin is really healing from day to day.

A little goes a long way, and the smell is neutral if a little lard-like at times (as noted by someone else here).

I actually really like the way this looks on the skin, too -- it's definitely heavy, and I'm sure people with naturally oily skin would hate wearing this, but it gives a dewy look. I often wear this alone (although it plays well with my various base makeup formulations) and it gives a surprisingly pretty K-pop glow. For someone who is wearing a lard-like eczema balm on her face, I get a lot of compliments nowadays!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Love this stuff. If you have very dry skin anywhere, this is the solution.
It calms my eczema that develops on my upper arms in the winter. It relieves dryness and itching on my hands.
The best part is, it works under my eyes without clogging pores, and leaves the skin there soft and supple, moisture restored.
An added bonus : NO scent. No irritating, pointless parfum. I honestly wonder why most products have fragrance? It has been scientifically proven that fragrance is bad for the skin.

I would recommend this to sensitive skinned people with very dry skin, like myself. It has the benefits of moisturization without the negative aide effects (such as big, sore acnes or rash/irritation).
I would definitely repurchase and will repurchase again and again.
Would recommend to friends and family.
Gentle enough for use on babies too!

on 11/17/2014 10:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It is wonderful! I suffer from atopic dermatitis and this has been my salvation from applying topical corticoids to heal the most dry and inflammated areas of my face.

In my case, I don't use it as a moisturizer, as it is quite "heavy" and I'm sure that the quantity of lipids would clog my pores. But it is my Holy Grail to help to calm and heal the dermatitis spreading on my eyelids, corners of my lips, neck, chin, etc.

Also, the price in comparision with other "pharmaceutical" products for dry/atopic skins is quite good! It is very effective and it does not cause any allergic reaction to the skin (at least to me), so it is a good investment.

Overall, I highly recommend it!

on 6/8/2014 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My son who is 8 years of age has been suffering from severe eczema since he was about 3 months old. I have tried multiple products and have wasted enormous amounts of money and time searching for a miracle cream that would make my son's skin just a tiny bit better. For years and years I have found nothing. QV cream and balm was the only thing that would slightly make his skin ok. I would regularly need to go to the doctor's to get steroid creams because his skin would always act up. He would constantly be itchy and scratching even in his sleep. I didn't know what else to do. I have cried and have been angry as to why my baby need to go through this horrible condition. For years and years I hoped that somehow my son would grow out of his eczema or scientist would find a 'cure'. Nothing.
Then one day, I was out doing the grocery shopping and decided to go in Priceline just to see what beauty products have recently come out (sometimes I just like to browse through aisles and look at products). From the corner of my eye I saw a new product that have recently come here in Australia. It was La Roche Posay Lipikar Balm. It stated that anti-itch and the eczema board stamp was on it. I thought about buying it right there and then but hesitated not because it was quite expensive but because I was scared of how my son's skin would react to it.
For days I thought about the cream and whether we should take the risk and buy it. Who cares if it's $40 and QV cream was only $15. If my son's skin doesn't like it then I can use it. So I gave in and decided to apply it on a small patch on my son's arm. After doing that I think I asked him about a 100 times as to whether he was itchy, observed his skin whether it was starting to break out in rashes and whether he was starting to scratch it.... after a few hours looked in the area where I applied it and nothing. No rashes, no red marks, no scratching! Just an area looking very well moisturised.
So that was it, after lunch on a Saturday afternoon gave my son a shower and instead of putting the QV cream on him I applied La Roche Posay balm instead and I am telling anyone who is reading this now, this product is a MIRACLE for anyone with eczema!!!! I cannot get over how this one product literally changed our lives. I haven't had to use his steroid creams for weeks now and I haven't seen him scratching himself. His skin is usually dry and very scaly and his skin now is smooth and soft and like a normal person's skin. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO THE COMPANY!!!