Chanel Precision Lip Definer Nude

Chanel Precision Lip Definer Nude

4.4

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My father goes go great lengths to make me happy. Today was Chanel day! He got me Chanel Natural & Nude lip liners, 2 Chanel Illusion d'Ombre e/s, Kvd Trooper & Nars pencil sharpener. Yeah that's $150 worth of makeup & the lip liners I've been playing with extensively & decided they are HG material 4 sure!! Chanel is my newest muse, I've kind of gotten evthing I wanted from MAC so I moved to Chanel, but this looks gr8 paired w a bunch of MAC lipsticks (Modesty esp!) & a good gloss like MAC Nymphette or of course about all 6 of the Chanel Glossimers I own esp Twinkle & Blizzard. This is not traditional nude. It's coppery brown plum golden. I don't find it overly warm nor cool. I myself run neutral NC20. My fave way to wear it playing around was w clear lipbalm! $31 is a lot & I'm glad they put a pencil sharpener in each 1 coz I'm always losing those! Lip brush also awesome! Chanel thinks of evthing. The most luxe makeup ever! I will always repurchase til it's DC. He got 1 @ Dillards & the other 1 @ Macy's today. Nothing as fun as playing w new makeup :) this def is a worthy replacement for my old DC'ed MAC Buerre & if u want a matte 1 dimensional version of this u may like MAC Spice. I love how this is iridescent or duo chrome almost.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

For years, this was my go to lip liner, but I think it's been discontinued? If that's true, I am truly bummed. :( I have MAC Soar and Whirl, and they're not the same. The nude lip liner almost has a slight shimmer to it and it was so gorgeous, I used to wear it all the time by itself. i am now using it sparingly because I'm afraid I can't get it again.

To Read all 166 Reviews, Login or Join

There is a reason why this is the #1 lipliner by brand and color in the world. LOVE!!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Though you could easily find other brands that would give you the same colour,
you cannot match the quality of Chanel!

It comes off a little darker than how it appears, but gives fantastic long-lasting coverage.
Looks good with all my nude lipsticks, especially as a base for MAC Lipsticks such as Kinda Sexy.

You really get what you're paying for with this product!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Hate me for saying it, but Chanel's Mordore (aka Nude) #05 is WnW's famous #666 (aka Brandywine) liner. Granted, Mordore has a much better formula and is just a touch more brown, it is of course, more pigmented, repackaged in a wonderful pencil with better lasting power. It's quite dark to be a "nude", in fact, I'd describe Mordore as a bronzed, slightly metallic, deep nude with just a nod to the pink side. I don't absolutely love this color due to how dark it is and the metallic sheen it has. I'd much prefer a more cream finish, and I took off a lipstick for it. I'll stick with #34, "Natural".

I love Chanel's Crayon Levres in general, so worth the $29. The colors are gorgeous, the lasting power is remarkable, and the packaging...just beautiful...with a small lip brush at one end covered by a cap, and standard pencil at the other, it comes with a small pencil sharpener as well. Sharpening is smooth, application is pigmented and dreamy..and did I mention they LAST?! It may seem crazy to spend so much on a lip liner, but I wear liner like lipstick, and I want something chic and amazing to pull out of my bag and also something that I can wear and won't fear kissing/eating/wearing off.

A word about price:
My old standby, $5 Rimmel (which doesn't last and doesn't apply as well as the Chanel) is about $5 for 0.25 grams. Chanel is $29 for 1 gram...and it comes with a little lip brush on the end and a small pencil sharpener. So basically, $10 more for a super gorgeous package, a lip brush, a small sharpener, a product that lasts longer = not as much reapplying...and the enjoyment of a luxury product. So am I trying to justify the near $30 price tag...yeah, but in my swirly head, it's worth it. Will repurchase.

on 1/29/2013 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I was so excited to finally try this liner that I've heard so much about. Sadly, it just doesn't look as good on me as I would have predicted. First, allow me to say I love Chanel liners and think the quality is amazing. Second, this is not really "nude" but more like a bronzey-mauve. The color is beautiful but I can't make it work no matter what lipstick I try. It isn't as though it is the wrong color for my skin tone, its just that I don't think it looks good on me which is just personal preference and nothing against the product.My HG nude is Chanel Natural liner which is more of your brown toned nude and I guess I was expecting to love this one just as much. Fun fact, Wet N' Wild makes a lip liner called Brandywine #666 that has been a cult fave for YEARS for like a dollar and it is a great dupe for Chanel nude, at least as far as the color goes. Quality and staying power of this liner is no different than other Chanel liners, impeccable. And I love that you get a sharpener, big bonus.Something else super important to me, Chanel liners sharpen very nicely. I do find the nude shade to apply a tad creamier than other Chanel shades. Overall, this is a pretty shade although it is not nude that will work on all skin tones. Although it didn't work for me, I would recommend you try it if you are looking for a bronzy-mauve and you want a high quality liner.

on 12/4/2011 5:22:00 PM

My friend gave me one of these when I complimented her on her natural, nude liner. She raved abou this one & bought me one as a treat. MAC Spice was always supposed to be the end-all, be-all in nude liners but truthfully, I never really like it that much. It is too brown, too matte, & not creamy enough. Chanel's liner is my new perfect nude liner & it goes with everything from pale pink to deep red! The slight shimmer in the liner makes it just right. A total must have!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Chanel has the best lip liners I have ever tried...I know the price is high, but these are well worth every penny. They have a smooth cream to powder finish..The color nude is really not so nude, its more brownish, plum color but it really does go with almost every lipstick or gloss in my collection.
The saying is true, you get what you pay for.. I know their are many liners on the market for way less, but they in NO way compare to the quality of Chanel liners, not even close.

on 12/20/2010 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Eh. This is not nude at all...it's like a cool toned berry thats actually pretty dark. But if you apply lightly and blend the result is a nice neutral stain that I like under lipstick or gloss. I like to use this in the winter when my lips tend to get really pale but it's still not the best out there. Won't be repurchasing but I do hope Chanel has some better colors for me to check out!

This is one of my go-to nude lipliners, and the funny thing is that it really isn't a nude shade on me-almost more of a frosty berry, oddly enough. I like it anyway-I will frequently use it by itself as lip color and dispense with lipstick altogether-it has great staying power! The brush at the end I have to confess I never use, but for the price, you get a very long liner stick that lasts (me, anyway) forever, and has a consistency which is hard enough to make a sharp and defined line, but soft enough so it doesn't tug at your lips. It also sharpens well without crumbling to pieces in the process. I will definetly repurchase.

Popular Lip Liners