Nature's Gate Biotin shampoo

No Image

Not tested on animals

on 6/22/2014 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I found this shampoo to be very strong. Although it's sulfate free, there are four other cleansing agents in it including: cocamidopropyl hydrozysultaine, sodium cocoyl isethionate, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, and lauryl glucoside. That explains why it lathers so well. Don't get me wrong. I'm not opposed to lathering shampoos. In fact, I prefer them. However, I've found that most sulfate shampoos are just as gentle if not gentler than some of these sulfate free shampoos. After using this, my hair felt very dry and tangled until I applied conditioner. (FYI: The matching conditioner is very good). I wouldn't recommend using this everyday, but it might work as the occasional clarifying shampoo.

This shampoo does have some good points. It contains two types of hydrolyzed protein to strengthen the hair. It also has a wonderful minty smell. As for the price, this cost me about $7.00 dollars for a 18 oz bottle. Personally, I get better results from Mane 'n Tail Shampoo, and it's only around $6.00 dollars for a 32 oz bottle. Although I'll use up what I have, I doubt I will repurchase this shampoo.

on 5/22/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My hair would die without this! I have learned that time and time again with this shampoo, at first I was not fully aware of what it was doing for my hair so I would repeatedly buy other shampoos on a whim just because they seemed more expensive or more trendy with the makeup forums but I would always experience serious hair loss when not using this shampoo. I blow dry and flat iron my hair very often and I submit it to much damage with constant blonde highlighting. I would always return to this bottle while temporarily looking for that HG shampoo, to my surprise my hair would just instantly feel healthy and manageable and soft again, it would take away that "hay-like" feel to my hair (made up word;that fried end look that your hair gets when it has a billion split ends). Not only that but with this shampoo I was able to grow my hair to bra length for the first time since I started using hot tools on the daily, seriously this product is also dirt cheap. (MOST) drugstore shampoos nowadays will charge anywhere from $6-8 for brands like Pantene and L'oreal, and this shampoo actually delivers. I recommend this shampoo for people that have dry and damaged hair.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Although this product dries out my hair, it really does work in terms of strengthening. My hair doesn't fall off so easily now. But my hair becomes quite dry so I fix that with a serum after my wash. Love the 'earthy' smell and I think it lathers quite well. Price is affordable for a sulfate-free shampoo too.

on 10/4/2009 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this shampoo! I am switching from BWC Daily Benefits. Nature's Gate Biotin shampoo makes my fine, fragile hair look better, break less, it's cheaper than BWC, and I don't think it contains petrochemicals like BWC does.

I will need to finish my bottle before I am sure, but I think Nature's Gate Biotin shampoo is my HG shampoo!

on 2/19/2008 11:53:00 PM

A friend told me a few years back that she used to give biotin vitamins/pills to the horses that she raised because biotin is great for their manes - the same reason why biotin is supposed to be great for human hair, too! So when I saw this shampoo, and faced with all the hair in my shower drain, I had to pick it up for a try. The shampoo promises to be gentle, and I will say this: It is very gentle and makes my scalp a bit tingly when I use it. On the other hand, it is so gentle that I find myself having to use lots of it if my hair is a bit more dirty, as it is not meant to be a clarifying shampoo. Granted, I don't use it on a continual basis, since I rotate among several shampoos to prevent build-up, so I am not sure I see the difference it makes in my hair. Perhaps biotin works better when taken as a vitamin? I'm on the fence about this one, but seeing that it is somewhat pricey (if I recall correctly, $8-9 for a bottle) for the iffy results, I probably won't repurchase.

Popular Shampoos