Nature's Gate Biotin shampoo

No Image

1.5

Not tested on animals

on 1/5/2014 10:08:00 PM

So after a "no-poo" fail and not feeling clean enough with cowashing, I decided to try a sulfate free shampoo and picked this one up... not impressed. I then learn that cheap sulfate free shampoos often contain replacement detergents that can be just as damaging to hair, which explains why this one lathers so much. Then I looked at the ingredients and noticed I couldn't pronounce most of them.. not a good sign. Also, I feel like they are trying to trick people with the whole "biotin" thing, because biotin cannot be absorbed through hair so unless you're taking it as a supplement, it wont help your hair. So anyway, I've used this shampoo/conditioner three times now and every time I rinse the poo out my hair feels awful! stiff, course and dried out, so i have to overcompensate (especially on the roots where I used the shampoo) with the conditioner which does help.. As for cleaning, I do feel that it gets my hair clean and it leaves my hair looking shiny, however I don't think it actually makes it any healthier because it feel so harsh and I get a lot of fallout hairs in my shower when I use it, and my hair gets greasy the next day (which is what it does when I strip all my natural oils away). It also makes my scalp itchy. I will try to finish the bottles to see if my hair can get used to it but will not repurchase, I'm going to try Organic Excellence next, which has a wayy more natural ingredient list.

Pros: shiny hair, smells good (minty), tingly scalp

on 8/28/2010 12:35:00 PM

Terrible! It dries my fine, colored hair and causes bad fallout everytime I use it.In the trash it goes together with the awful companion conditioner.

Popular Shampoos