Nature's Gate Biotin shampoo

No Image

2.0

Not tested on animals

on 11/30/2013 1:24:00 PM

This stuff is really awful! I have fine hair that gets greasy quickly. Normally I have to wash my hair every day. At first I was faintly pleased to see that with this shampoo I could get away with washing every second or even third day, but as I worked my way through the bottle, my scalp became so dry, tight and uncomfortable that I started to dread the next wash, because even though my hair was lanky and needed to be cleaned, my scalp was like the sahara. Today, I had to slather coconut oil on my scalp to get some relief. This may be sulfate-free, but it contains some sort of corrosive detergent that rivals drain cleaner. And this is their nourishing range!

on 6/22/2014 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I found this shampoo to be very strong. Although it's sulfate free, there are four other cleansing agents in it including: cocamidopropyl hydrozysultaine, sodium cocoyl isethionate, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, and lauryl glucoside. That explains why it lathers so well. Don't get me wrong. I'm not opposed to lathering shampoos. In fact, I prefer them. However, I've found that most sulfate shampoos are just as gentle if not gentler than some of these sulfate free shampoos. After using this, my hair felt very dry and tangled until I applied conditioner. (FYI: The matching conditioner is very good). I wouldn't recommend using this everyday, but it might work as the occasional clarifying shampoo.

This shampoo does have some good points. It contains two types of hydrolyzed protein to strengthen the hair. It also has a wonderful minty smell. As for the price, this cost me about $7.00 dollars for a 18 oz bottle. Personally, I get better results from Mane 'n Tail Shampoo, and it's only around $6.00 dollars for a 32 oz bottle. Although I'll use up what I have, I doubt I will repurchase this shampoo.