Nature's Gate Biotin shampoo

No Image

3.5

Not tested on animals

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Although this product dries out my hair, it really does work in terms of strengthening. My hair doesn't fall off so easily now. But my hair becomes quite dry so I fix that with a serum after my wash. Love the 'earthy' smell and I think it lathers quite well. Price is affordable for a sulfate-free shampoo too.

on 2/19/2008 11:53:00 PM

A friend told me a few years back that she used to give biotin vitamins/pills to the horses that she raised because biotin is great for their manes - the same reason why biotin is supposed to be great for human hair, too! So when I saw this shampoo, and faced with all the hair in my shower drain, I had to pick it up for a try. The shampoo promises to be gentle, and I will say this: It is very gentle and makes my scalp a bit tingly when I use it. On the other hand, it is so gentle that I find myself having to use lots of it if my hair is a bit more dirty, as it is not meant to be a clarifying shampoo. Granted, I don't use it on a continual basis, since I rotate among several shampoos to prevent build-up, so I am not sure I see the difference it makes in my hair. Perhaps biotin works better when taken as a vitamin? I'm on the fence about this one, but seeing that it is somewhat pricey (if I recall correctly, $8-9 for a bottle) for the iffy results, I probably won't repurchase.