Nature's Gate Biotin shampoo

3.4

Not tested on animals

on 4/28/2007 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this shampoo and using it happily. Every so often I would switch off and treat myself by using Ojon or Pureology, but those are just too expensive for me to use everyday, especially with my head of hair! I had read on the skinactives.com and essentialdayspa.com boards that adding sea kelp bioferment to my shampoo would really improve it. I'm not a diy'er usually, but it was easy enough to do. Mannnnn oh man, what a difference! Even with the extra cost of adding the stuff, because the Nature's Gate is so reasonably priced, the addition turned it into the PERFECT shampoo. I also really like the shampoo sold by a local spa that I go to . Since they make their own stuff, I BEGGED them to start making a shampoo with sea kelp bioferment already in it. They finally took my advice and are even selling it online now - with RAVE reviews. So, now I have TWO perfect shampoos. AND HAPPY HAPPY HAIR !

on 2/19/2008 11:53:00 PM

A friend told me a few years back that she used to give biotin vitamins/pills to the horses that she raised because biotin is great for their manes - the same reason why biotin is supposed to be great for human hair, too! So when I saw this shampoo, and faced with all the hair in my shower drain, I had to pick it up for a try. The shampoo promises to be gentle, and I will say this: It is very gentle and makes my scalp a bit tingly when I use it. On the other hand, it is so gentle that I find myself having to use lots of it if my hair is a bit more dirty, as it is not meant to be a clarifying shampoo. Granted, I don't use it on a continual basis, since I rotate among several shampoos to prevent build-up, so I am not sure I see the difference it makes in my hair. Perhaps biotin works better when taken as a vitamin? I'm on the fence about this one, but seeing that it is somewhat pricey (if I recall correctly, $8-9 for a bottle) for the iffy results, I probably won't repurchase.

on 10/4/2009 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this shampoo! I am switching from BWC Daily Benefits. Nature's Gate Biotin shampoo makes my fine, fragile hair look better, break less, it's cheaper than BWC, and I don't think it contains petrochemicals like BWC does.

I will need to finish my bottle before I am sure, but I think Nature's Gate Biotin shampoo is my HG shampoo!

on 1/3/2010 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

this is a nice paraben free shampoo. I believe it strengthened my hair & I was having fewer split ends since using. It does leave my hair feeling squeaky clean if I don't use conditioner, so I can't say I love it but as far as the biotin/strengthening shampoos I've used, it is the best.
It leaves your hair feeling a little tingly, which is nice. I dislike the conditioner that matches (but that's another review).
I usually get it at a local health food store during BOGO sales or from drugstore.com.
I do think that I have less "new" fallout when I'm using this shampoo compared to others.

on 8/28/2010 12:35:00 PM

Terrible! It dries my fine, colored hair and causes bad fallout everytime I use it.In the trash it goes together with the awful companion conditioner.

I came across this shampoo in Whole Foods & it looked so appealing to me. I have problems with my hair due to allergies. This cleanses my hair well without drying, makes it some stronger, and it definitely feels healthier. I think anyone with oily, normal, or sensitive scalp would like this. Great buy and product!

on 6/22/2011 5:39:00 AM

I am loving this shampoo. It smells minty and feels refreshing, foams and cleans very well without having to wash twice. I noticed that it adds a bit of volume too.

The only thing I don't like is that its is slightly tangling so a good conditioner is a must. The price is amazing and the amount you get is huge

on 2/8/2012 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I bought this as a way to get away from chemical based shampoos, so I decided to buy this for $8 at Earthfare. Well, im dissapointed, it dries out my hair and doesnt really volumize my hair much. I am going to stick with Nioxin. Sorry this doesnt do much for me, it doesnt even lather, and smells like dirt.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Although this product dries out my hair, it really does work in terms of strengthening. My hair doesn't fall off so easily now. But my hair becomes quite dry so I fix that with a serum after my wash. Love the 'earthy' smell and I think it lathers quite well. Price is affordable for a sulfate-free shampoo too.

on 5/22/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My hair would die without this! I have learned that time and time again with this shampoo, at first I was not fully aware of what it was doing for my hair so I would repeatedly buy other shampoos on a whim just because they seemed more expensive or more trendy with the makeup forums but I would always experience serious hair loss when not using this shampoo. I blow dry and flat iron my hair very often and I submit it to much damage with constant blonde highlighting. I would always return to this bottle while temporarily looking for that HG shampoo, to my surprise my hair would just instantly feel healthy and manageable and soft again, it would take away that "hay-like" feel to my hair (made up word;that fried end look that your hair gets when it has a billion split ends). Not only that but with this shampoo I was able to grow my hair to bra length for the first time since I started using hot tools on the daily, seriously this product is also dirt cheap. (MOST) drugstore shampoos nowadays will charge anywhere from $6-8 for brands like Pantene and L'oreal, and this shampoo actually delivers. I recommend this shampoo for people that have dry and damaged hair.