Klorane Soothing Shampoo with Peony Extract for Irritated Itchy Scalps

Klorane Soothing Shampoo with Peony Extract for Irritated Itchy Scalps

3.4

WATER (AQUA). SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE. DISODIUM COCAMPHODIACETATE. COCAMIDOPRORYL BETAINE. CITRIC ACID. FRAGRANCE (PARFUM). IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA. METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE. PAEONIA ALBIFLORA ROOT EXTRACT. PANTHENOL. PROCTONE OLAMINE. POLYQUATERNIUM-10. PROPYLENE GLYCOL. RED 33 (CI 17200). SODIUM CHLORIDE.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have an itchy oily/ flaky scalp, I needed a shampoo to stop the itching and flakiness and this shampoo did what it claimed. it also helped with the oiliness, now my hair gets oily in 2-3 days instead of 1 day.

on 5/12/2016 12:57:00 PM

This worked perfectly to soothe my scalp when it was itchy and irritated, plus it smells really nice.

To Read all 27 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/22/2016 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in lieu of my usual Head & Shoulders classic shampoo just because I thought the colour looked pretty and it smelled good, however, ironically, this made my scalp itch like crazy which isn't even a problem I normally have to deal with! Can't see how this would work for people with more sensitive skin than mine.

on 12/11/2015 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this product twice a week for like three weeks and it seems that maybe I should have used it just once a week. It's not mild enough for a soothing shampoo. I mean it really does a good job cleaning my hair but it's a little bit too much on the clean side because it leaves my scalp a little bit dry, frankly speaking, actually more than a little bit. I think its harshness is due mostly to its main detergent "SLES". Well yes, Klorane is right, this shampoo is SLS free but it still contains a significant amount of SLES which is no better than SLS, just a little bit milder. After examining its ingredients on the website (Klorane US) I found out that it doesn't really support its claim. To my surprise this products also contains Sodium Chloride as it's written on the bottom of the box and also on the website so it doesn't go with the "No Sodium Chloride" claim. It's good when you rub it on your scalp, it really soothes! But after you rinse the black side shows up and the itching comes back which I expected to go and leave my scalp! My scalp isn't much sensitive. There is some itching but I have no redness or blemish. I just bought this product to soothe that itching and it turns out that it's too harsh to soothe an itching! The only good thing about this shampoo is its unbelievably pleasant fragrance! But don't sniff too much cause synthetic parfums are somewhat on the toxic side!!! But the packaging is really good. I really love that. It's simple and also beautiful and easy to use. When I bought it the price didn't matter but after using it for a while I found it expensive. I live in Iran and foreign products are quite expensive here. You pay 8 USD for a 200 ml. bottle whereas I pay 32000 units of our national currency! Beats me! The product doesn't fit its price. Here's my final conclusion:
PROS:
+ Fabulous fragrance
+ Some noticeable soothing effect when hits the scalp
+ Good clarifying and purifying shampoo
+ Simple and cool packaging
+ Good-looking color
CONS:
- The soothing effect was good while it lasted!
- semi-harsh detergent for irritated scalps (dries your scalp more than a little bit)
- some nasty ingredients besides SLES and salt
- Expensive for what it has to offer

Few months ago, I had some serious concerns regarding my scalp. My doctor didn't share my worries, but I found my scalp unusally red, at a times burning red, especially after washing my hair. I tried many shampoos and treatments, maybe that just worsened my condition but they were mostly natural and very mild. Nothing helped. Scalp was extremely itchy with traces of spread dandruff. Finally, I tried this shampoo and after continuos use and a few bottles later, I'm back to normal. I worship this shampoo. The only problem is that I have very oily hair and since this shampoo is really mild, my hair doesn't stay clean very long. I tried switching back to some other shampoos, and although my condition improved, itching quickly reappears if I don't use this shampoo. Would highly recommend it for sensitive scalp. And another plus is that it smells amazing!

on 2/1/2015 8:17:00 PM

I wanted to try a different shampoo for my dandruff / seborrheic dermatitis issues. Sometimes my scalp is fine, but sometimes it flares up, and I'm tired of the medicinal/yucky smell of traditional shampoos. Plus, I'd read some reviews that the different ingredient, piroctone olamine, had helped some people with hair loss/growth issues. I have thin temple areas. So I tried the Klorane. It does smell great, very floral, but it doesn't linger long. I tried using it without a conditioner and of course my hair felt dry. I used a conditioner the next time, and my hair was fine. For some reason, my hair starts to get greasy less than 24 hours later. I'm hoping my scalp is adjusting to the different shampoo and it won't continue. We'll see…
I've only been using it for a week so I don't have any input on hair regrowth. It has helped keep any issues from flaring up so far.

on 1/16/2015 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I use this shampoo after my T-gels and other AWFUL smelling medicated shampoo. I have scalp psoriasis, so I have to use the medicated shampoos after a flare up. This masks the smell and helps remove the plaque buildup. I understand how people can say this is very dry but I usually follow up with an intense moisture recovery conditioner after to give my hair bounce. This is a great shampoo!

on 7/4/2014 7:25:00 PM

I could go either way with this product. On one hand, it is very watery for a shampoo and I have to use quite a bit of it to feel like my scalp is clean. On the other hand, I do think it is gentle and it smells really delicious. For the price and the small quantity that you get in the bottle, I do not believe this to be a good value product. There are many other shampoos that I am perfectly happing using.

on 4/25/2014 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Unlike most reviewers for this product, I bought this shampoo for the scent and not its advertised soothing properties. My scalp is pretty normal but gets dry during the colder months when I tend to crank up the hot water during my showers. As a result my scalp gets drier than normal but not super flaky or anything. Sometimes my scalp itches from using SLS based shampoos but when I switch to sulfate-free I notice a difference.

This is a nice shampoo but the scent is VERY pungent. I'm not sure how soothing a shampoo can be if it's so strongly scented? After I use this shampoo, my bathroom smells like a potpourri bomb exploded in it. If you like strong florals, this may not be an issue for you. I wanted to like this shampoo since I like peonies and the pink color was too pretty to pass up, but I prefer Klorane's almond and flax shampoos over this one.

on 8/20/2013 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My scalp can sometimes become irritable but is not always a problem. I wanted to try this shampoo for the soothing properties and also because it smelled so beautiful. Unfortunately it dried out my hair - I found it to be incredibly harsh to the point that I was finding loads of hair breaking off after washing with it - and it actually made my scalp itch! - the exact opposite of what it claimed to do. Unfortunately I had to throw it out without finishing. A big disappointment.

Popular Shampoos