Kanebo Lavshuca Liquid Lips Rouge

No Image

on 10/18/2007 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has got to be one of my favourite lipglosses right now. It's got the right amount of shine with some gold shimmer and it's not sticky! It lasts quite a while too and I don't have to reapply that often.
I purchased PK7 and the color is gorgeous.

am guessing i bought the rouge version. i have BE4 -noticed that it isnt really beige beige but a pinkish beige, a rather lovely nude shade. . personally, on me, i feel its the liquid lipstick version of the famous guerlain #480 aka the famous angelina jolie beigy nude colour. doesnt look flat or like you are a corpse cos of the shimmer.

texturewise - its quite sticky but not like a lipgloss sticky, its sticky cos of the thickness of the liquid. it goes on fairly pigmented.

problem with this is it isnt moisturising enough. but i find the only lipgloss that doesnt dry out my lips is by guerlain. its fairly expensive too - appro. SGD$25 (not including shipping costs). wont repucharse cos am more inclined to buying guerlain's beige caprice as my next nude lip gloss.

ETA (1108): i noticed that it hasnt made my lips tear lately...will repurchase this shade again. continued >>

on 6/17/2006 11:55:00 PM

I have this in PK-4 (a bright pink) and PK-7 (a nude pink). They are not as pigmented as I would like and are on the sticky side, but the colours are pretty. The glitters are gold and fine, and the colours are very wearable since they are not nearly as dark as they look in the tubes. Lasting power is good.

on 4/23/2006 1:20:00 AM

I was attracted to this product when I saw it on a magazine model in PK6. It is a bit similar to the color MAC TLC Miss Bunny, but not quite as mauve. It's just a nice sweet iridiscent pink. Very lovely. The texture is sticky, but it doesn't irritate my lips - ie. my lips don't flake from the stickiness. It lasts quite a long time too. Overall nice product. Around $14 US.

Upgraded this product's overall rating to 5 simply because of the color PK8. Newly released in August 2006, this really is a lovely color. The color is a bit hard to describe. It's bascially a peachy pink, but there's something really different about it.
My only minor gripe about this product is that i have to dip the wand several times before my lips are fully applied. The wand does not get very much product with each dip, which can be a bit time consuming to apply.

***This review contains pictures of the product, please click continued to view the formatted version incl. pic(s)***

LAVSHUCA is a new brand by Kanebo that debuted in late January 2006 in Japan. The line contains "base makeup" and "point makeup" so you find everything from foundations to eyeshadows from Lavshuca.

The packaging of all Lavshuca stuff is really cute and girly, the dominating colors are pink and white plastic :P

Liquid Lips comes in 2 formulas: Rouge and Gloss. I only own one of the gloss formula, mainly the gloss is sheerer than rouge.

Liquid lips has a rather sticky thick texture delivering high shine and long wear. The amount of pigment is quite good, I'd say it's medium pigmented. Some of the shades contain shimmer, some are just shiny.

I don't notice any fragrance and experience no irritation whatsoever.

The tube is cute, shaped in a rounded way (see pic). The applicator is your standard doe-foot applicator.

So far I am owning 11 Liquid Lips (and I really like them all!):

RS-1: A medium plum rose with golden shimmer. This looks like MLBB with some added depth on me. I think this is my fave color!

BE-4: A slightly pink-toned nude beige with silver shimmer (and I feel a tinge of blueish/green shimmer).

PK-5: bright bubblegum pink in the tube, gives a nice healthy pink tint to my lips. Nice color that instantly brightens my face!

PK-6: Medium sweet raspberry pink with silver shimmer. I love this color!

PK-7: Light nude pink with soft golden shimmer. Really lovely!

PK-4: Very bright hot fuschia sort of pink but it is a very wearable shade since it's not 100% opaque.

PK-8: NEW for fall 2006. This is a soft salmon pink shade with shimmer.

RD-2: NEW for fall 2006. One of the nicest reds out there. A semi-sheer clear red with tons of golden sparkly glitters.

BE-5: NEW for Spring 2007. Pink-toned beige with sparkles. Gorgeous shade!

OR-3: Not orange at all. It's a nice soft shimmery peach shade. Quite sheer and flattering.

PU-1: This is the gloss type liquid lips, mainly a clear very shiny gloss with some lilac sparkles.

I am a cool-toned PPP/NW15 with brown eyes and hair.

RD-2 (up) and PK-8 (below):