Revlon ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex SPF 15 Normal/Dry Skin

3.8

Active Ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.4%, zinc oxide 2.0% Ingredients: water, cyclomethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, butylene glycol, dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, nylon-12, phenyl trimethicone, magnesium sulfate, isododecane, boron nitride, methicone, laureth-7, mallow extract, lily bulb extract, lactobacillus/eriodictyon californicum ferment extract, cymbidium grandiflorum flower extract, silk, tocopherol acetate, retinyl palmitate, ethylene brassylate, tribehenin, bisabolol, silica, alumina, isohexadecane, polydimethylsiloxane/polymethylsilsesquioxane copolymer, polysorbate 20, polysorbate 80, ammonium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben. May contain: iron oxides, mica, titanium dioxide, bismuth oxychloride, zinc oxide.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I also am pleased as punch that, Revlon has added a pump to this foundation, and yet, the price is the same (in the big box store) as this was, some 6 or 7 years ago, so kudos to Revlon for not only NOT raising the prices, but ALSO ADDING a pump applicator. Some companies want to charge you extra if you want to purchase a pump applicator...*cough*cough*MAC*cough*cough... So, the pump is a great addition. The SPF is also a nice addition.

Now, for me, I call this the foundation that needs to be applied at the speed of light, otherwise it settles ASAP and looks kind of dry and patchy. But I apply one area at a time and blend that area: ie, I apply this to my forehead, blend it in..move on to one cheek and apply to one cheek, blend in..move to next cheek, apply and blend in..apply to nose, blend, apply to chin, blend.. then blend down my neck a little bit.. But I find applying and blending one area at a time works best, otherwise this can look patchy and cling to dry patches, just settling too fast.

I also find this to be a little tacky (slightly sticky) feeling for about an hour after application. I do blend well, so my guess is the SPF gives a slight tacky feeling. No biggie, and the tackiness is barely noticeable, unless you tap your face lightly, then you might notice it. There is a very SLIGHT scent to this, but it is only detectable really if you strain your nose to smell it or your nose is sensitive to scents. But the slight scent is there, my guess is it is due mainly to the SPF.

A pretty decent shade range. Keeps shine at bay but I think if you have really dry skin, this might be drying for you. I did see on the display this is billed as 'demi matte'. So this does seem to have a slight drying aspect about this. But the plus side is this keeps the shine at bay pretty much all day. I sometimes have to use a mattifying primer with some other foundations, and I do not need a mattifying primer with this.

I like picking up a bottle of this for vacations. It performs pretty decently, no major issues and I can work around having to blend this at the speed of light. But for me, this is just not nice enough for everyday or holy grail. Just kind of a pain to apply and blend fast fast fast. and can also accent dry patches that other foundations do not accent. I really think this should be labeled for 'normal' skin. JMO. But for vacations and quick trips to the grocery store, that kind of thing, this works just fine. Very nice for the price. Great to take on the go and not worry about it getting lost or breaking mainly as it does not cost a pretty penny. Yes, I have repurchased this (more than once), and yes, I would recommend it. Not an absolutely perfect foundation (those are hard to come by, anyway), but very nice, especially for the price!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is not a good foundation for dry skin despite what the bottle says. It's very matte so it clings and enhances every dry patch. My nose literally looked like I'd make a paste out of chalk and talcum powder and rubbed it on my face.

The only good thing about it was the coverage. On the fuller side for med-full for sure.

If you have normal skin then I absolutely recommend this foundation for you. It's easy to apply and great coverage and colour range but for us unfortunate dry skinned girls and boys STAY AWAY.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this by accident as a I normally wear the C/O version. I have been wearing this foundation for years, with a brief gap in between to try other foundations. In between that time, they revamped the bottle to include a pump and it now has an SPF. In addition to that, it seems the colors are also very similar across versions. I wear Caramel in both versions now, but I used to only match the Combination/Oily Caramel. The D/N version's Caramel shade was almost 10 shades too light.

When I realized I had bought the D/N I was bummed but also curious so I decided to give it a try. Some things I noticed:

1. The color is very similar to C/O but albeit a tad bit more warm.
2. This formula is more lightweight
3. Is LESS oily than the C/O version
4. Lasts about the same time as the C/O version
5. Controls oil about the same as C/O

With these points being made...I was really surprised. I expected this version to be very dewy and not suitable for oily skin at all. However, it actually holds up better. I am not exactly sure why this version is less oily. If it's for dry skin you would think it would be moisturizing. I honestly think this would be a bit too dry for dry skin as well. With that being said, aside from the red tint, this foundation is really nice. I believe I will be buying this version from now on!

I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation it gives full coverage,has a pump now too.But it sucks because this has gotten expensive over the past years up to $13.00 in Walgreens,yikes!The color matching is a mishap too,if you are a really warm toned or oluve skined person please do not get this,it is a waste of time.The colors all run pink to neutral.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Buff is a good color match for my NC 15 skin tone. It is yellow enough. I have dry skin and even with moisturizing and priming before it still makes my skin feel very tight and dry all day.

Also the next shade up(sand beige-supposed to be neutral/warm tone) is orange and very unatural looking.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Absolutely hate this foundation. It is so obvious on my dry skin and my pores look huge whenever I wear this. The color is actually really good for my very pale skin but I cannot get over how bad this foundation makes my skin look. And I have tried putting it on with a sponge, my fingers, a brush and with and without primer. Horrible no matter what I do. Don't recommend it to people with dry skin, there are so many other great drugstore foundations out there, don't waste your money on this.

This is perfection!!! It stays all day and all night long on the skin. It has the biggest coverage ever. If somebody knows a foundation better than this (with better coverage and better lasting) please let me know!

This was my favorite foundation for years, I've gone through countless bottles. I liked this because it was medium coverage and lasted throughout the day. Now I can see that it is a tad bit thick and cakey. It has a great shade range. Bonus it contains a light spf. After trying others, i've moved on to l'oreal pro glow and pro matte. I find that they have everything good about Revlon colorstay, and are less noticeable on the skin. I might repurchase, but like I said i've found a Bette alternative.

Pros:
Long wearing
Medium coverage
Good shade range
Light spf
comes with a pump

Cons:
Thick
Noticeable
Contains 2 parabens and ammonium
Tested on animals

NOTE: MINE IS THE REGULAR. It does not say SOFTFLEX. it's just the Revlon Color Stay Makeup SPF 15 for Normal/Dry skin.

Okay! So I really like this foundation:) It stays on ALL day forsure, I don't even need a powder & won't be purchasing one as long as I wear this. It is appropriate for my skin type, although I have noticed my acne drying up and getting little flakes. However, I think this could just be because my moisturizer isn't nourishing enough!

I like that this product has SPF 15 in it and comes in a cute glass bottle, although it is annoying trying to get it out cause you nearly always get too much. A pump would make this product just a bit better.

For everyone who's saying it's hard to blend and/or that you have to blend quickly- DUH. Please read the packaging. it even says to apply only one section of your face at a time and to blend right away! This is my only gripe with the product. Medium coverage. I don't wear foundation that much, but I do use it whenever I need a pick me up:)

Over the past few weeks, I have been doing a lot of foundation research, and I literally looked at all of the drugstore makeup companies' foundations that were available, and I looked at the reviews on makeup alley and came up with 14 I wanted to try. I literally carried around a paper with the foundations, their ratings out of 5, the repurchase percentage, the number of reviewers, their price at Ulta (or Walmart, if Ulta didn't have them) where I could find these foundations, and whether or not the foundations were cruelty free. (I like to do my research :) ) I had tried all of the ones available at Walmart, and the only one I liked was E.l.f.'s flawless finish, and I still wanted something better. So, even though this wasn't next on my list, I bought this before the others because I had tried Colorstay for oily/combination and really liked it, except for the fact that it was extremely drying. I was in a rush to buy something that worked so I could take it to this summer camp I'm going to. And, I was not disappointed.

After prepping my skin first, I used the light smashbox primer, and applied it with a beauty blender. Then I used E.l.f hd powder in soft luminance. After I had applied the rest of my makeup, I used Ud all night setting spray and it was really pretty! I got this nice, dewy finish and it stayed on all day and looked awesome! This is a great foundation!