Revlon ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex SPF 15 Normal/Dry Skin

3.8

Active Ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.4%, zinc oxide 2.0% Ingredients: water, cyclomethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, butylene glycol, dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, nylon-12, phenyl trimethicone, magnesium sulfate, isododecane, boron nitride, methicone, laureth-7, mallow extract, lily bulb extract, lactobacillus/eriodictyon californicum ferment extract, cymbidium grandiflorum flower extract, silk, tocopherol acetate, retinyl palmitate, ethylene brassylate, tribehenin, bisabolol, silica, alumina, isohexadecane, polydimethylsiloxane/polymethylsilsesquioxane copolymer, polysorbate 20, polysorbate 80, ammonium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben. May contain: iron oxides, mica, titanium dioxide, bismuth oxychloride, zinc oxide.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is not a good foundation for dry skin despite what the bottle says. It's very matte so it clings and enhances every dry patch. My nose literally looked like I'd make a paste out of chalk and talcum powder and rubbed it on my face.

The only good thing about it was the coverage. On the fuller side for med-full for sure.

If you have normal skin then I absolutely recommend this foundation for you. It's easy to apply and great coverage and colour range but for us unfortunate dry skinned girls and boys STAY AWAY.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Buff is a good color match for my NC 15 skin tone. It is yellow enough. I have dry skin and even with moisturizing and priming before it still makes my skin feel very tight and dry all day.

Also the next shade up(sand beige-supposed to be neutral/warm tone) is orange and very unatural looking.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Absolutely hate this foundation. It is so obvious on my dry skin and my pores look huge whenever I wear this. The color is actually really good for my very pale skin but I cannot get over how bad this foundation makes my skin look. And I have tried putting it on with a sponge, my fingers, a brush and with and without primer. Horrible no matter what I do. Don't recommend it to people with dry skin, there are so many other great drugstore foundations out there, don't waste your money on this.

I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation it gives full coverage,has a pump now too.But it sucks because this has gotten expensive over the past years up to $13.00 in Walgreens,yikes!The color matching is a mishap too,if you are a really warm toned or oluve skined person please do not get this,it is a waste of time.The colors all run pink to neutral.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this by accident as a I normally wear the C/O version. I have been wearing this foundation for years, with a brief gap in between to try other foundations. In between that time, they revamped the bottle to include a pump and it now has an SPF. In addition to that, it seems the colors are also very similar across versions. I wear Caramel in both versions now, but I used to only match the Combination/Oily Caramel. The D/N version's Caramel shade was almost 10 shades too light.

When I realized I had bought the D/N I was bummed but also curious so I decided to give it a try. Some things I noticed:

1. The color is very similar to C/O but albeit a tad bit more warm.
2. This formula is more lightweight
3. Is LESS oily than the C/O version
4. Lasts about the same time as the C/O version
5. Controls oil about the same as C/O

With these points being made...I was really surprised. I expected this version to be very dewy and not suitable for oily skin at all. However, it actually holds up better. I am not exactly sure why this version is less oily. If it's for dry skin you would think it would be moisturizing. I honestly think this would be a bit too dry for dry skin as well. With that being said, aside from the red tint, this foundation is really nice. I believe I will be buying this version from now on!

NOTE: MINE IS THE REGULAR. It does not say SOFTFLEX. it's just the Revlon Color Stay Makeup SPF 15 for Normal/Dry skin.

Okay! So I really like this foundation:) It stays on ALL day forsure, I don't even need a powder & won't be purchasing one as long as I wear this. It is appropriate for my skin type, although I have noticed my acne drying up and getting little flakes. However, I think this could just be because my moisturizer isn't nourishing enough!

I like that this product has SPF 15 in it and comes in a cute glass bottle, although it is annoying trying to get it out cause you nearly always get too much. A pump would make this product just a bit better.

For everyone who's saying it's hard to blend and/or that you have to blend quickly- DUH. Please read the packaging. it even says to apply only one section of your face at a time and to blend right away! This is my only gripe with the product. Medium coverage. I don't wear foundation that much, but I do use it whenever I need a pick me up:)

This was my favorite foundation for years, I've gone through countless bottles. I liked this because it was medium coverage and lasted throughout the day. Now I can see that it is a tad bit thick and cakey. It has a great shade range. Bonus it contains a light spf. After trying others, i've moved on to l'oreal pro glow and pro matte. I find that they have everything good about Revlon colorstay, and are less noticeable on the skin. I might repurchase, but like I said i've found a Bette alternative.

Pros:
Long wearing
Medium coverage
Good shade range
Light spf
comes with a pump

Cons:
Thick
Noticeable
Contains 2 parabens and ammonium
Tested on animals

Over the past few weeks, I have been doing a lot of foundation research, and I literally looked at all of the drugstore makeup companies' foundations that were available, and I looked at the reviews on makeup alley and came up with 14 I wanted to try. I literally carried around a paper with the foundations, their ratings out of 5, the repurchase percentage, the number of reviewers, their price at Ulta (or Walmart, if Ulta didn't have them) where I could find these foundations, and whether or not the foundations were cruelty free. (I like to do my research :) ) I had tried all of the ones available at Walmart, and the only one I liked was E.l.f.'s flawless finish, and I still wanted something better. So, even though this wasn't next on my list, I bought this before the others because I had tried Colorstay for oily/combination and really liked it, except for the fact that it was extremely drying. I was in a rush to buy something that worked so I could take it to this summer camp I'm going to. And, I was not disappointed.

After prepping my skin first, I used the light smashbox primer, and applied it with a beauty blender. Then I used E.l.f hd powder in soft luminance. After I had applied the rest of my makeup, I used Ud all night setting spray and it was really pretty! I got this nice, dewy finish and it stayed on all day and looked awesome! This is a great foundation!

This is perfection!!! It stays all day and all night long on the skin. It has the biggest coverage ever. If somebody knows a foundation better than this (with better coverage and better lasting) please let me know!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

It's quite a good product. I've been desperately trying to find a foundation that would suit my skin tone, and the shade 110 Ivory was a perfect match for me (unfortunately a little too neutral, but I will try to make it more yellow with some liquid food colouring) It stays on pretty well throughout the day, it gets a little cakey around my nose but I don't expect the contrary from a fuller coverage foundation.

Not sure if I would buy again if I ran out, but the shade variety balances out the cons.

NOTE: The packaging isn't nice, no pump (But I've heard that their newer formula comes with a pump which is a good thing)