Revlon ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex SPF 15 Normal/Dry Skin

3.8

Active Ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.4%, zinc oxide 2.0% Ingredients: water, cyclomethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, butylene glycol, dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, nylon-12, phenyl trimethicone, magnesium sulfate, isododecane, boron nitride, methicone, laureth-7, mallow extract, lily bulb extract, lactobacillus/eriodictyon californicum ferment extract, cymbidium grandiflorum flower extract, silk, tocopherol acetate, retinyl palmitate, ethylene brassylate, tribehenin, bisabolol, silica, alumina, isohexadecane, polydimethylsiloxane/polymethylsilsesquioxane copolymer, polysorbate 20, polysorbate 80, ammonium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben. May contain: iron oxides, mica, titanium dioxide, bismuth oxychloride, zinc oxide.

Over the past few weeks, I have been doing a lot of foundation research, and I literally looked at all of the drugstore makeup companies' foundations that were available, and I looked at the reviews on makeup alley and came up with 14 I wanted to try. I literally carried around a paper with the foundations, their ratings out of 5, the repurchase percentage, the number of reviewers, their price at Ulta (or Walmart, if Ulta didn't have them) where I could find these foundations, and whether or not the foundations were cruelty free. (I like to do my research :) ) I had tried all of the ones available at Walmart, and the only one I liked was E.l.f.'s flawless finish, and I still wanted something better. So, even though this wasn't next on my list, I bought this before the others because I had tried Colorstay for oily/combination and really liked it, except for the fact that it was extremely drying. I was in a rush to buy something that worked so I could take it to this summer camp I'm going to. And, I was not disappointed.

After prepping my skin first, I used the light smashbox primer, and applied it with a beauty blender. Then I used E.l.f hd powder in soft luminance. After I had applied the rest of my makeup, I used Ud all night setting spray and it was really pretty! I got this nice, dewy finish and it stayed on all day and looked awesome! This is a great foundation!

This is perfection!!! It stays all day and all night long on the skin. It has the biggest coverage ever. If somebody knows a foundation better than this (with better coverage and better lasting) please let me know!

To Read all 524 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

It's quite a good product. I've been desperately trying to find a foundation that would suit my skin tone, and the shade 110 Ivory was a perfect match for me (unfortunately a little too neutral, but I will try to make it more yellow with some liquid food colouring) It stays on pretty well throughout the day, it gets a little cakey around my nose but I don't expect the contrary from a fuller coverage foundation.

Not sure if I would buy again if I ran out, but the shade variety balances out the cons.

NOTE: The packaging isn't nice, no pump (But I've heard that their newer formula comes with a pump which is a good thing)

I'm throwing away all my other foundations. This is the one. Best drugstore foundation hands-down. I typically wear more expensive foundations and this is better than most of them. Not only is it long-wearing, but still looks "normal" after wearing for 9+ hours. If you have dry skin, you'll still need a good moisturizer first. Be sure to completely remove this each night with a good, long-wearing makeup remover / cleanser. It just looks like real skin, only better. SPF 20 now btw. Great for 30+ skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The shades do vary between the two formulas of normal and combination. Mt skin is combination, but I could never find a good match. Then it occured to me to try the normal formula. The shade that was way too light for me in the combination was just right in the normal formula. this foundation gives the skin a nice glow and good coverage. Def in my top 3 of favorite drug store brands. I gave it a 4 because I feel the shades should be consistent in the formulas.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Decent coverage, but looks really cakey and unnatural. Also clings badly to the dry patches on my nose. Probably okay on someone with normal skin, but horrible on my dry skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been wearing this for at least 7 or so years.
I stopped wearing make up a couple of years ago and a year or so ago I began experimenting again with different foundations but recently i started using my Colorstay again and of course fell straight back in love and realised why i used it before for so long.
Now I have an EXTREMELY oily nose but i have always chosen the normal/dry formula just because the oily/combo is quite heavy for me. That being said nothing that i have used in the past year can even compare to how great Colorstay reacts to my oily nose.
If you have an oily nose you'll understand that after how ever long it begins to look like your foundation is literally separating from your face and blotting makes it patchy and powder makes a cakey unnatural looking mess. I don't know why and i don't f*****g care but this foundation does not do either. You can blot and your foundation stays in place!.
So I like this because its a light to medium. Depending on how damp you let your sponge stay I think this could be easily a light natural coverage but again it is easily a non cakey medium.
I saw some people hate the "glitter"? aspect but i love the glow of this foundation.
I don't use primers but of course I moisturise, I use quite a thickish formula. I also use Milk of Magnesia on my nose only for oil control.
So my face and nose have different bases but the make up looks exactly the same on my nose and the rest of my face.
I don't think this formula would be that good for dry peeps but than again a great moisturiser underneath and a damp beauty blender would probably work well.
My only negative is that it settles in my tiny underage lines so i wouldn't recommend this for people with wrinkles as I believe it would accentuate them.

In Australia you can't buy makeup from "drugstores" and just return them opened if it ends up being the wrong colour match but they also don't offer samples sooo Im actually still looking for my perfect colour match in this range. Massive pain in the butt at an average of $35 a pop!

Ive always used Fresh Beige.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I get tired of this foundation but I always go back again.
It has very good shade palettes.
Since my skin is now mature I found that Revlon Color- stay foundation could be little bit more hydrating but I guess if that was the case it probably won`t last as long it lasts on face. So, that is my down for Revlon colorstay but nothing changes the fact that this is good foundation and it does the job it says it does- and that is:
Good coverage, long lasting, excellent shade choice

I've used this stuff for 5 years... I took a break 6 months ago to try some other foundations, like Estée Lauder, lancome, and cover fx. They all disappointed, so I went back to this one, only to find that it now had a pump!! The first day I wore this again, my skin looked so much better. It doesn't break me out like the others, great color match, covers very well, and lasts all day. I'll never go back to anything else again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Now comes with a PUMP!!!! This is hands down the best foundation I have ever used - both HE and DS. I use the shade buff which is a nice neutral tone. It isn't as cakey as the Estee Lauder Double Wear - which I do love but it requires too much work. I always end up having to cut it with a moisturizer or another foundation that is more sheer so it doesn't look so cake-y. Goes on smooth and covers the redness in my face. The reason why I only gave this a 4 instead of a 5 is that I really wish this came in more shades. I wish they did have as many colors as the Color Match line by L'oreal. I like how that line separates foundations by cool, neutral, and warm tones. Only I do not like that formulation. Now that Colorstay has the pump, I'm waiting for them to expand their color selection. This is ranked as the top DS foundation so I don't understand why the color selection is so limited. The normal/dry has even less colors than the oily/combination. Makes no sense - so I hope Revlon reads this and adjusts the line! Thanks again for the PUMP though... LOVE!