Revlon ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex SPF 15 Normal/Dry Skin

3.8

Active Ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.4%, zinc oxide 2.0% Ingredients: water, cyclomethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, butylene glycol, dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, nylon-12, phenyl trimethicone, magnesium sulfate, isododecane, boron nitride, methicone, laureth-7, mallow extract, lily bulb extract, lactobacillus/eriodictyon californicum ferment extract, cymbidium grandiflorum flower extract, silk, tocopherol acetate, retinyl palmitate, ethylene brassylate, tribehenin, bisabolol, silica, alumina, isohexadecane, polydimethylsiloxane/polymethylsilsesquioxane copolymer, polysorbate 20, polysorbate 80, ammonium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben. May contain: iron oxides, mica, titanium dioxide, bismuth oxychloride, zinc oxide.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Absolutely hate this foundation. It is so obvious on my dry skin and my pores look huge whenever I wear this. The color is actually really good for my very pale skin but I cannot get over how bad this foundation makes my skin look. And I have tried putting it on with a sponge, my fingers, a brush and with and without primer. Horrible no matter what I do. Don't recommend it to people with dry skin, there are so many other great drugstore foundations out there, don't waste your money on this.

I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation it gives full coverage,has a pump now too.But it sucks because this has gotten expensive over the past years up to $13.00 in Walgreens,yikes!The color matching is a mishap too,if you are a really warm toned or oluve skined person please do not get this,it is a waste of time.The colors all run pink to neutral.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this by accident as a I normally wear the C/O version. I have been wearing this foundation for years, with a brief gap in between to try other foundations. In between that time, they revamped the bottle to include a pump and it now has an SPF. In addition to that, it seems the colors are also very similar across versions. I wear Caramel in both versions now, but I used to only match the Combination/Oily Caramel. The D/N version's Caramel shade was almost 10 shades too light.

When I realized I had bought the D/N I was bummed but also curious so I decided to give it a try. Some things I noticed:

1. The color is very similar to C/O but albeit a tad bit more warm.
2. This formula is more lightweight
3. Is LESS oily than the C/O version
4. Lasts about the same time as the C/O version
5. Controls oil about the same as C/O

With these points being made...I was really surprised. I expected this version to be very dewy and not suitable for oily skin at all. However, it actually holds up better. I am not exactly sure why this version is less oily. If it's for dry skin you would think it would be moisturizing. I honestly think this would be a bit too dry for dry skin as well. With that being said, aside from the red tint, this foundation is really nice. I believe I will be buying this version from now on!

NOTE: MINE IS THE REGULAR. It does not say SOFTFLEX. it's just the Revlon Color Stay Makeup SPF 15 for Normal/Dry skin.

Okay! So I really like this foundation:) It stays on ALL day forsure, I don't even need a powder & won't be purchasing one as long as I wear this. It is appropriate for my skin type, although I have noticed my acne drying up and getting little flakes. However, I think this could just be because my moisturizer isn't nourishing enough!

I like that this product has SPF 15 in it and comes in a cute glass bottle, although it is annoying trying to get it out cause you nearly always get too much. A pump would make this product just a bit better.

For everyone who's saying it's hard to blend and/or that you have to blend quickly- DUH. Please read the packaging. it even says to apply only one section of your face at a time and to blend right away! This is my only gripe with the product. Medium coverage. I don't wear foundation that much, but I do use it whenever I need a pick me up:)

This was my favorite foundation for years, I've gone through countless bottles. I liked this because it was medium coverage and lasted throughout the day. Now I can see that it is a tad bit thick and cakey. It has a great shade range. Bonus it contains a light spf. After trying others, i've moved on to l'oreal pro glow and pro matte. I find that they have everything good about Revlon colorstay, and are less noticeable on the skin. I might repurchase, but like I said i've found a Bette alternative.

Pros:
Long wearing
Medium coverage
Good shade range
Light spf
comes with a pump

Cons:
Thick
Noticeable
Contains 2 parabens and ammonium
Tested on animals

Over the past few weeks, I have been doing a lot of foundation research, and I literally looked at all of the drugstore makeup companies' foundations that were available, and I looked at the reviews on makeup alley and came up with 14 I wanted to try. I literally carried around a paper with the foundations, their ratings out of 5, the repurchase percentage, the number of reviewers, their price at Ulta (or Walmart, if Ulta didn't have them) where I could find these foundations, and whether or not the foundations were cruelty free. (I like to do my research :) ) I had tried all of the ones available at Walmart, and the only one I liked was E.l.f.'s flawless finish, and I still wanted something better. So, even though this wasn't next on my list, I bought this before the others because I had tried Colorstay for oily/combination and really liked it, except for the fact that it was extremely drying. I was in a rush to buy something that worked so I could take it to this summer camp I'm going to. And, I was not disappointed.

After prepping my skin first, I used the light smashbox primer, and applied it with a beauty blender. Then I used E.l.f hd powder in soft luminance. After I had applied the rest of my makeup, I used Ud all night setting spray and it was really pretty! I got this nice, dewy finish and it stayed on all day and looked awesome! This is a great foundation!

This is perfection!!! It stays all day and all night long on the skin. It has the biggest coverage ever. If somebody knows a foundation better than this (with better coverage and better lasting) please let me know!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

It's quite a good product. I've been desperately trying to find a foundation that would suit my skin tone, and the shade 110 Ivory was a perfect match for me (unfortunately a little too neutral, but I will try to make it more yellow with some liquid food colouring) It stays on pretty well throughout the day, it gets a little cakey around my nose but I don't expect the contrary from a fuller coverage foundation.

Not sure if I would buy again if I ran out, but the shade variety balances out the cons.

NOTE: The packaging isn't nice, no pump (But I've heard that their newer formula comes with a pump which is a good thing)

I'm throwing away all my other foundations. This is the one. Best drugstore foundation hands-down. I typically wear more expensive foundations and this is better than most of them. Not only is it long-wearing, but still looks "normal" after wearing for 9+ hours. If you have dry skin, you'll still need a good moisturizer first. Be sure to completely remove this each night with a good, long-wearing makeup remover / cleanser. It just looks like real skin, only better. SPF 20 now btw. Great for 30+ skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The shades do vary between the two formulas of normal and combination. Mt skin is combination, but I could never find a good match. Then it occured to me to try the normal formula. The shade that was way too light for me in the combination was just right in the normal formula. this foundation gives the skin a nice glow and good coverage. Def in my top 3 of favorite drug store brands. I gave it a 4 because I feel the shades should be consistent in the formulas.