REVLON ColorStay Makeup SPF 20 Normal/Dry Skin

3.8

Active Ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.4%, zinc oxide 2.0% Ingredients: water, cyclomethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, butylene glycol, dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, nylon-12, phenyl trimethicone, magnesium sulfate, isododecane, boron nitride, methicone, laureth-7, mallow extract, lily bulb extract, lactobacillus/eriodictyon californicum ferment extract, cymbidium grandiflorum flower extract, silk, tocopherol acetate, retinyl palmitate, ethylene brassylate, tribehenin, bisabolol, silica, alumina, isohexadecane, polydimethylsiloxane/polymethylsilsesquioxane copolymer, polysorbate 20, polysorbate 80, ammonium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben. May contain: iron oxides, mica, titanium dioxide, bismuth oxychloride, zinc oxide.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I wish this product worked for me, I really wish it did. I love the finish, even on my normal skin, because I don't have to set it and it lasts forever. It really blends into the skin and doesn't look mask-like, while still providing pretty good coverage.
I think the best part about the foundation is how spot-on the shade Buff is for my skin. I have very light olive Italian skin and nothing else matches this well without mixing in a lightener or having it look slightly too pink or peachy.

So why am I rating this 3 stars? Because it breaks me out really badly and gives me especially enflamed closed comedones like I haven't had since taking Accutane. I stopped using this and they've slowly started to go away, but I can't afford to use it again.

I see why people compare this to Mac Studio Fix Fluid. It’s similar in terms of coverage and shades, except this is definitely more matte. Despite saying this is for normal/dry skin, this is the most matte foundation I currently have (beaten only by MUFE). If you have dry skin you definitely won’t need to powder this, even down the T zone, though blush still seems to blend over it. I have very dry scaley (at times) skin and don’t find it clings to dry patches more than other foundations, but if this is the dry skin one I’d be interested to see how it differs from the oily skin version.

Coverage is good - about studio fix, maybe slightly higher, as stated above. I’d say you can definitely build up to full, and it builds beautifully without caking when using a beauty blender. I even use it under my eyes instead of concealer and it does about the same job covering up my very blue patches, though does settle in wrinkles a bit under the eyes. It’s pretty skin-like too. It looks very natural and isn’t obvious. If you’re searching for a high coverage foundation that looks more natural I’d recommend this.

I got 110 ivory and I’d say it’s about an nw10. I’m yellow toned so I put 2 drops of yellow food colouring into a near full bottle and that turned it closer to nc10. This worked well, I shook the bottle well and it wasn’t streaky or separated due to the colouring.

I don’t really have anything bad to say about this. If you’re after a moisturising luminous foundation this isn’t it - it’s matte and pink toned, however it’s not ridiculously dry, you won’t sweat through it, it’s long lasting and high coverage. I’m also fond of the bottle. The pump has good control and keeps it clean. I can see it easily becoming a staple.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I use shade 110 Ivory which is a very porcelain pale, neutral colour. It's a light, easy to blend, buildable liquid, good coverage and sets quite quickly with a matte finish. I don't usually need any concealer or powder when I use this foundation. It has really good staying power and lasts all day. The only negative feature is that it can look chalky and emphasize any areas of dry skin or fine lines unless my skin is really well hydrated. It doesn't totally cover my freckles but it does fade them so they aren't noticeable unless you're looking closely.

This foundation is definitely not for dry/normal skin! I don't like how it blends on my skin and after 2-3 hours it drys the area under my eyes so badly. I don't recommend this foundation for dry skin!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I also am pleased as punch that, Revlon has added a pump to this foundation, and yet, the price is the same (in the big box store) as this was, some 6 or 7 years ago, so kudos to Revlon for not only NOT raising the prices, but ALSO ADDING a pump applicator. Some companies want to charge you extra if you want to purchase a pump applicator...*cough*cough*MAC*cough*cough... So, the pump is a great addition. The SPF is also a nice addition.

Now, for me, I call this the foundation that needs to be applied at the speed of light, otherwise it settles ASAP and looks kind of dry and patchy. But I apply one area at a time and blend that area: ie, I apply this to my forehead, blend it in..move on to one cheek and apply to one cheek, blend in..move to next cheek, apply and blend in..apply to nose, blend, apply to chin, blend.. then blend down my neck a little bit.. But I find applying and blending one area at a time works best, otherwise this can look patchy and cling to dry patches, just settling too fast.

I also find this to be a little tacky (slightly sticky) feeling for about an hour after application. I do blend well, so my guess is the SPF gives a slight tacky feeling. No biggie, and the tackiness is barely noticeable, unless you tap your face lightly, then you might notice it. There is a very SLIGHT scent to this, but it is only detectable really if you strain your nose to smell it or your nose is sensitive to scents. But the slight scent is there, my guess is it is due mainly to the SPF.

A pretty decent shade range. Keeps shine at bay but I think if you have really dry skin, this might be drying for you. I did see on the display this is billed as 'demi matte'. So this does seem to have a slight drying aspect about this. But the plus side is this keeps the shine at bay pretty much all day. I sometimes have to use a mattifying primer with some other foundations, and I do not need a mattifying primer with this.

I like picking up a bottle of this for vacations. It performs pretty decently, no major issues and I can work around having to blend this at the speed of light. But for me, this is just not nice enough for everyday or holy grail. Just kind of a pain to apply and blend fast fast fast. and can also accent dry patches that other foundations do not accent. I really think this should be labeled for 'normal' skin. JMO. But for vacations and quick trips to the grocery store, that kind of thing, this works just fine. Very nice for the price. Great to take on the go and not worry about it getting lost or breaking mainly as it does not cost a pretty penny. Yes, I have repurchased this (more than once), and yes, I would recommend it. Not an absolutely perfect foundation (those are hard to come by, anyway), but very nice, especially for the price!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is not a good foundation for dry skin despite what the bottle says. It's very matte so it clings and enhances every dry patch. My nose literally looked like I'd make a paste out of chalk and talcum powder and rubbed it on my face.

The only good thing about it was the coverage. On the fuller side for med-full for sure.

If you have normal skin then I absolutely recommend this foundation for you. It's easy to apply and great coverage and colour range but for us unfortunate dry skinned girls and boys STAY AWAY.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Buff is a good color match for my NC 15 skin tone. It is yellow enough. I have dry skin and even with moisturizing and priming before it still makes my skin feel very tight and dry all day.

Also the next shade up(sand beige-supposed to be neutral/warm tone) is orange and very unatural looking.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Absolutely hate this foundation. It is so obvious on my dry skin and my pores look huge whenever I wear this. The color is actually really good for my very pale skin but I cannot get over how bad this foundation makes my skin look. And I have tried putting it on with a sponge, my fingers, a brush and with and without primer. Horrible no matter what I do. Don't recommend it to people with dry skin, there are so many other great drugstore foundations out there, don't waste your money on this.

I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation it gives full coverage,has a pump now too.But it sucks because this has gotten expensive over the past years up to $13.00 in Walgreens,yikes!The color matching is a mishap too,if you are a really warm toned or oluve skined person please do not get this,it is a waste of time.The colors all run pink to neutral.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this by accident as a I normally wear the C/O version. I have been wearing this foundation for years, with a brief gap in between to try other foundations. In between that time, they revamped the bottle to include a pump and it now has an SPF. In addition to that, it seems the colors are also very similar across versions. I wear Caramel in both versions now, but I used to only match the Combination/Oily Caramel. The D/N version's Caramel shade was almost 10 shades too light.

When I realized I had bought the D/N I was bummed but also curious so I decided to give it a try. Some things I noticed:

1. The color is very similar to C/O but albeit a tad bit more warm.
2. This formula is more lightweight
3. Is LESS oily than the C/O version
4. Lasts about the same time as the C/O version
5. Controls oil about the same as C/O

With these points being made...I was really surprised. I expected this version to be very dewy and not suitable for oily skin at all. However, it actually holds up better. I am not exactly sure why this version is less oily. If it's for dry skin you would think it would be moisturizing. I honestly think this would be a bit too dry for dry skin as well. With that being said, aside from the red tint, this foundation is really nice. I believe I will be buying this version from now on!