Vanicream Cleansing Bar

Vanicream Cleansing Bar

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Sodium Isethionate, Sorbitol Solution, Ceteareth-20, Propylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Monostearate, White Petrolatum, Simethicone, Polyethylene Glycol Monostearate, Titanium Dioxide, Sorbic Acid, BHT

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have to say I really love this soap. I've used facial bar soaps from Aveeno and Clinique, and this Vanicream one is my favorite. Ehh it's a pretty close tie to the Aveeno. Both take off makeup well, and don't leave my skin feeling dry & tight.

The Clinique is the most expensive, leaves my skin feeling tight, and does not take off makeup well.

on 8/4/2017 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've been using this for years as both a body and face cleanser. I like that it has an acidic pH, unlike a lot of other bars out there. I don't find it to be drying at all and it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight. It has also caused me zero breakouts. I think it is also a good price at around $8 for 3 bars, especially compared to the price of other facial cleansers. The scent is mild enough that I don't worry about it on my face. Highly recommend!

on 3/7/2015 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Way too drying for my sensitive skin - both face & body.

on 8/16/2016 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have incredibly sensitive skin and get reactions by the slightest irritants. I get laser hair removal on my face and it swells up like a blowfish after. I got a sample from my derm and it keeps skin calm and soothed after treatment. only one star off bc it disinegated rather quickly.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have dehydrated-normal acne-prone skin, and I like this as a facial cleanser. I do find it a little stripping, but much less than the average cleanser. I don't think I've encountered a cleanser gentler than this that I would recommend with the exception of cleansing oils that emulsify off or leave a film. I like that it's strong enough to remove my water-resistant sunscreen, but it's not enough to act as a second cleanser if you're using the oil cleansing method (straight oils with no added emulsifiers) if that is indicative of its strength.

I find it easy to use and it lasts a while. I've been using the same bar for the past three months and I still have quite a way to go. I store it in a soap dish and I find it dries completely between uses. I've also used it to cleanse my body and I was happy with its performance and lather.

Overall, this is easily the most economical face cleanser I've come across and I imagine I'll be using it for quite a while. If you're looking for a no-frills cleanser, this is an excellent option and worth a try given the price and its ability to be repurposed for the body.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I first tried this when I was having a terrible rosacea flare that caused even the gentlest of cleansers to make my skin burn and redden further. My dermatologist had recommended this brand, and I was already loving the line's lotion and cream.

This finally did the trick of cleaning my face and removing makeup without it making it angrier or dryer. Though my skin is much better now, I haven't strayed from this in over a year. If you have rosacea, you know that finding any product that consistently works for you is no small feat!

Nothing fancy or sexy to this little bar, but I'm fiercely devoted to it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I found this product to work almost identical to my Dove Sensitive Skin Cleansing Bar. It is perfectly ideal for use on the body. I do not believe in using bar soap (of any kind) on my face any more. So, I cannot attest to how this product works on the face.

Overall, I am glad that I did get a chance to try it. It is no better quality than Dove soap. And, because of such, I do pan to continue to use Dove as I have done so for many years thus far.

I really like this soap, and after years of suffering from seborrheic dermatitis my WHOLE life, it took me years to discover that I couldn't use overly scented frou-frou bodywashes (pretty much anything that smells amazing) on my body, or I would get patches of seborrhea all over my body, mainly on my chest. This soap lathers up wonderfully and quickly eases my skin of any patches I may be suffering from. It actually smells nice, it smells, well, like cleaniness. I've become a pretty big fan of Vanicream products, this and their moisturizing cream, and my skin has never looked and felt better.

on 9/29/2013 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

**I found out I can't use Propylene Glycol, and possibly Butylene Glycol. It took a long time to figure out but that's the reason I can't use this product**

I wasn't a huge fan of this. It felt way too drying on my face, despite recommendations that swore it wasn't. It's also hard to keep dry after use, and felt it was a little more trouble than it's worth. I put this in the shower and hope its better for body (used it once so far for that). At least it's cheap but I'm not all that impressed.

Since this review I've found better facial bars. I react to things easily and most 'acne' products are too strong. It's been tough.

on 5/28/2013 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

When I first bought this soap, I used it on my face because I had some seriously dry winter skin. It cleared up my skin really well at first, then I started to break out. I now only use this in the shower. It's great for shaving my legs. [TMI alert] The reason I really and truly love this soap is that it's really great for my lady parts. I was having some problems that I won't get into, but needless to say, using this in the shower every day keeps everything as it should be downstairs.

Popular Face Skincare Products