Avene Cicalfate Restorative Skin Cream

4.3

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Glycerin, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-2-Sesquiisostearate, PEG-22/Dodecyl Glycol Copolymer, Aluminum Sucrose, Octasulfate, Aluminum Stearate, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copper Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Zinc Sulfate.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have extremely sensitive skin with eczema/ dermatitis. My skin goes between extremely oily to extremely dry. This cream is great, it does exactly what it says, it soothes, heals and keeps my face hyrated without making it oily or clogging my pores which a lot of mositurisers tend to do.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It clogged my pores!
Thank u, next!

I got this out of whim when it was on sale. After finishing the tube ...

PROS
- packaging is clean and simple
- a little goes a long way (thick consistency)
- softens and calms skin ( winter months are harsh)
- reasonable price

CONS
- it increased my breakouts :(

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have dry skin and I live in the cold Canadian weather. This cream is thick and moisturizing. I put it on at night only (too thick for daytime use). It is creamy, it spreads well, and it is unscented. I got it on sale for 12CAD$ for 40ml tube at the Shopper's. Highly recommend it if you are looking for a thick face cream that is not too oily (vs Nivea).

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this product. I use it as a night cream and every morning without fail I wake up with the softest and smoothest face. I can feel this product has really penetrated and hydrated my skin from the inside which is quite rare. Usually with other creams they just feel like an extra coating on my skin but with this product it is not the case.

The only reason why I didn't rate this the full 5 stars is because it leaves my skin looking very pale (kind of like how putting on lots of sunscreen on your face would look) and it looks quite greasy even if I just put a little bit on so I wouldn't put it on if I'm going out. However, I would much rather sacrifice looks if it meant I would have soft and hydrated skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I adore this cream. I have really dry, sensitive skin and this just seals everything in. It's a bit difficult to work with but once it's rubbed in I find it absorbs well.
I don't find that it sits well under makeup so I only use at night but if you had the patience to let it fully absorb first I think it would be fine.
The packaging is fine but after a while my tube got little splits in a few places. It didn't make it unusable, it was just a little messy. Will repurchase again and again.

One of the cheapest products in Avene's skincare range, but one of the best - usually goes for around £7-£9 per tube.
It's a little heavy as a daily moisturiser, but when skin is irritated and flaking this stuff is amazing. The formula isn't anything radical - mineral oil, zinc and copper compounds as antibacterial agents, and micronised sucralfate, an older treatment for stomach ulcers. But this water-in-oil formula is moisturising while acting to speed up repair of the skin's natural barrier function - the suspension of sucralfate particles helps create a mild scaffolding-type layer to help wounded skin heal. When I've been over-zealous with retinoid or AHA/BHA treatments, this is the best thing to put on my skin while it heals. I also like using it when I've attacked any spots or blackheads - which I shouldn't do, I know - and it encourages faster re-epithelialisation so it's easier to cover with make-up.
It does look shiny on the face, but hasn't worsened or caused new acne breakouts on my skin. It's not ideal as a daily moisturiser as it is so heavy but is invaluable in soothing and softening irritated, broken skin. Works well overnight when used as a sealing, protecting final step in skincare.

The packaging is nothing spectacular, has the same white background and peach coloured Avene logo. However, the tube for this cream is actually made of metal foil, rather than plastic, with a screw-cap lid. This protects the cream inside, and makes it easier to get full use out of this cream as it can be coiled and compressed like a toothpaste tube to get every last scrap out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This cream is amazing at minimising and soothing redness/hot flushed skin, and irritation!

I was using Mirvaso gel to treat my rosacea but unfortunately, it did more harm than good and my skin was irritated and red and this completely soothed my skin

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Sorry to contradict the other reviewers, but for me this cream did absolutely nothing - I has a small irritation on my chin and it did nothing for it, except drying the skin even more. I also tried to use it as a cuticle cream as a reviewer suggested, but also I didn't noticed any results. Too expensive for what it delivers.

THE BEST STUFF EVER! I suddenly got acne and started using this because I read all the amazing reviews. This took away the redness from the pimples and made them a lot less painful! It’s a little expensive but the price is so worth it! I was afraid that I was going to break out since the product is so thick but I haven’t! LOVE LOVE LOVE!