Bobbi Brown Buffing Grains For Face Adzuki Bean Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Bobbi Brown Buffing Grains For Face Adzuki Bean Powder

4.4

Phaseolus angularis seed powder, hydrogenated soybean oil, jojoba esters, sodium lauryl sulfoacetate, sodium chloride, sodium sulfate, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin

This is a great face scrub. It is not too abrasive. I use it with water, or with water and my face wash. It leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth. I would recommend it.

on 5/3/2010 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm writing this at the request of my sister. Both of us have similar skin issues as far as sensitivity goes (although I definitely have more allergic/reactive skin), and exfoliation can be such a pain in the butt. It's necessary so that I can get rid of the occasional dullness and to prevent build up. And also just because I like that feeling of smoothness right afterwards. But so many scrubs are too harsh for my skin, and all the additives and ingredients just cause further problems. My skin just doesn't do well with cleansers that are disguised as scrubs and vice versa. And the majority of scrubs out there seem to be along those lines. Or there's the other end of the scale with scrubs that just don't have enough of a texture to feel like they're actually exfoliating.

But this is the perfect middle ground. The texture is very fine, similar to sand, but it has a smoothed out shape so it doesn't cut my skin or overstimulate. I love that it's simple too. No liquid binders or ingredients to irritate. Just nice little grains to buff out my skin when I need it.

I've been using this for about four years now and I love it. I only have to purchase it once a year and I use it about 2-3 times per week. I vary in how I use it. Sometimes I pour a little bit in my palm and just add a little water and it works great. Other times I add a bit to my cleanser if I want that soapy feeling. I use about a dime sized amount every time.

I love the jar for some reason. It just feels like the perfect container for this, even though it is glass and isn't the best for travel. But the lid screws on tight and I've never had any problems with moisture seeping in. And surprisingly no breaks or spills yet, which is awesome considering I'm not the most coordinated.

I highly recommend this for sensitive skin, or just for anyone looking for a simple scrub.

I absolutely love this product! It's the best exfoliant I've ever used. It's great because I can add as little or as much as I want to my cleanser (Dior Rinse-Off Cleansing Foam), for my desired exfoliant effect. It really helps get off the dead skin, and the japanese adzuki bean powder helps increase skin cell turnover rate. The only thing I think Bobbi needs to improve on is the packaging quality. It's in a glass jar, which I'm always afraid I'm going to drop and break, and I don't like traveling with it. Also, I keep mine in the shower, but with the lid on as tight as I can get it. If any water seeps in, the grains become clumpy and it's harder to get the product out.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

The adzuki bean powder is Bobbi Brown's version of microdermabrasion on a more natural level. I really like these and have purchased about three bottles. I have to be careful and use a gentle hand with these as they can get sensitive skin like mine pretty revved up. My favorite way to use this product is to mix them with her EXTRA Balm Rinse. Still, I am somewhat on the fence even with all the praise. I cannot imagine them NOT exfoliating as rough as they are but at the same time I have never really noticed a big difference. I say I would repurchase but on fence about that too.Lovely product but not sure it is doing me any good.

on 1/6/2008 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got this in a little sample packette, and so far I've gotten 2 uses out of it--I expect there will be at least 5 because of the little amount you actually need to use. I really really love this item! I poured my packette into an empty BB bottle and just adding a tiny amount to your regular cleanser gives wonderful exfoliation! Well worth it. Definitely would buy full size.
ADDITION: 1/9/08: I got 7 uses out of this little packette!
Also, thank you to the user below who mentions "Japanese Cleansing Grains" from the Soap Opera--it is EXACTLY THS SAME as BB's grains, but for a much better price. Instead of $40+ for .99 oz I got 4 oz for $5+. Now that is significant I think.

Well, I like the concept of the buffing grains, but after using it just three times, I've had irritated skin and a few small breakouts. Am I using too much?? Should I keep trying to use it by experimenting w/amount?

on 1/5/2007 4:55:00 PM

I have used this for almost a year in combination with BB Extra Balm Rinse. I use it every 8 days, and mix a small amount of the grains in with the Balm Rinse, which makes for a very luxurious scrub! My skin is so soft and radiant after using this combo-- there is a noticeable difference when I go to put my makeup on! I took off one lippie for the packaging, price, and mess factor-- it spills a little no matter what you do (probably just the virtue of it being little grains, and me being picky/neat freakish), the glass bottle makes me nervous in a bathroom, and it is quite expensive for what it is. Yet, it works very well, so I will suck up the minor flaws to have smoother, glowing skin!

on 3/29/2006 11:21:00 AM

I must admit to thinking this product was totally useless when I first saw it on the website. And then, even with testing it out at the counter, I still felt it was not something I really needed. However, I was conviced into buying it, and I must say, that I really like it. The little adzuki beans come pouring out of the glass jar at an alarming rate, and then seem to swell a bit when mixed with cleanser. I mix mine with Cetaphil and then enjoy a really nice gentle, yet thorough scrub. What I really like about the buffing grains are that you can customize how scrubby the scrub needs to be depending on your needs. Conversely, what I kind of don't like about the scrub is that you have to mix it together. It's not something that's really fast if you're in a rush, but as a pampering treat, it's very nice. The little beans are very smooth, I don't find them gritty or abrasive in the least. But they do leave my skin really soft, not stripped and raw feeling.