Bobbi Brown Buffing Grains For Face Adzuki Bean Powder

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Bobbi Brown Buffing Grains For Face Adzuki Bean Powder

3.6

Phaseolus angularis seed powder, hydrogenated soybean oil, jojoba esters, sodium lauryl sulfoacetate, sodium chloride, sodium sulfate, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin

It's one of my fave scrubs.. I have combination sensitive skin, it gets my skin feeling so fresh 'n clean without drying it specially around my nose area..it's a bit hard to use though.. but it's big advantage is you can use it with the cleanser you want

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received a sample envelope in a swap. You only need a tiny amount of this when exfoliating each week. Prior to this I had an envelope of exfoliating sand grains from the skincare business I worked for which was absolutely perfect--the grains are fine enough so that they're not scratching the skin but have enough substance to gently exfoliate. The Bobbi Brown Buffing Grains would be fine just with the white sand grains. I think the larger brown pieces are why this product is too scratchy for the face on the skin. Use great caution when exfoliating--you don't want to scrub or rub your skin; the goal is to allow the cleanser/grains mixture glide over the skin. Scrub too hard and you might risk extra sensitivity.

EDIT: I don't know why I gave it a 3. I'm giving it a 2. Just used the Laura Mercier Face Polish and it's super gentle and will not scratch the skin.

on 9/19/2008 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I just got a sample of this product and I love it!!! My face has never been so silky smooth! As stated on the package, you only need a VERY small amount so even though I've used it twice, I still have about 2 or 3 more uses left in the little envelope. So even though the full size is kind of expensive (i think its $40 USD), it must last for about a year or so. I will definately be buying this one in full size! Highly recommend this one!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Thank you so much to the poster who recommended The Soap Opera. Great site! I really liked this product, but I couldn't justify spending $40 on it. The product from The Soap Opera is exactly the same and it's a fraction of the price. I add a little to my cleanser and it gives my skin a nice, smooth feeling. I love it.

on 3/7/2008 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

I had 4 sample packets of this and loved this mixed with my cleansers as it really did help give me a smoother appearance. I just couldn't justify spending $40 for this, when I had found a fantastic dupe of this I found at Walgreens for half the price. I love the product, just not the price.

on 11/5/2007 10:47:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

As many others have said, this is definitely not something someone w/sensitive skin could use daily, but I mix with a cream cleanser once a week for a good exfoliation. However......$40 for an ounce?! WHY??? I've been getting the same thing at The Soap Opera for eons and it's $3.95 for 2 ounces. There you can get different sizes too.. I actually get the 8 ounce bottle for $11.95 and it's the same freakin thing as Bobbi Brown's!! I love Bobbi Brown's cosmetics but this is a total rip off. That's why I only gave it two stars. The product is fine but the price is highway robbery. Go to thesoapopera.com and search "Japanese Cleansing Grains" if you like this product but hate the price tag. The Soap Opera is an awesome store!

on 1/5/2007 4:55:00 PM

I have used this for almost a year in combination with BB Extra Balm Rinse. I use it every 8 days, and mix a small amount of the grains in with the Balm Rinse, which makes for a very luxurious scrub! My skin is so soft and radiant after using this combo-- there is a noticeable difference when I go to put my makeup on! I took off one lippie for the packaging, price, and mess factor-- it spills a little no matter what you do (probably just the virtue of it being little grains, and me being picky/neat freakish), the glass bottle makes me nervous in a bathroom, and it is quite expensive for what it is. Yet, it works very well, so I will suck up the minor flaws to have smoother, glowing skin!

on 12/13/2006 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this is a very good exfoliant without damaging your skin surface. I got a sample of this from bobbi SA and she gave me a lot of it....and i think i can use this for few weeks. It makes me feel refreshed and trust me you only need to wet your finger and dip it into the jar and that's all you need to really exfoliate. very nice product!